MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1234

I have been getting a lot of help in the past, so I would like to give some back. I am going to post a series of tools that may help you with your coding as you have helped me. This one uses the snapshot feature to help you troubleshoot trade opening and closures. There are a few samples around here...
Dear all, Please tell me what a full structure of an EA should be. I've read the"Documentation" and "Book" section of MQL4 community, and complete reading the examples of EA provided by the latter section. However, when I ran the tradingexpert.ex4 in terminal for testing, it only gave me error...
I have this indicator //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                    Instantaneous Trendline Filter|//|                         Copyright © 2006, Luis Guilherme Damiani |//|                                      http://www.damianifx.com.br...
Probably each of us has at least once wondered what values of protective orders should be chosen for the reliable operation of a trading strategy (TS). Some of them say it is better to use TP=SL and not less than 100 pips, and others advise to use a TP much larger than SL - thus adhering to the
[Deleted]
hello again, i trying to use the goldminer 1 and 2 indicators, as EA, WELL i got the EA running just fine but the problem is that when i get the signal from the GM1 AND GM2 to buy or sell it does it on the next bar not on the bar that the signal was trigger, and stay open unitl the EA closed it.......
[Deleted]
Hi, I have an expert advisor which trades quite well but when i try to modify expert advisor,nothing happens.I think its protected or some think similar which only an expert programmer or some having the knowledge of programming language might be knowing and unfortunately,i am not one of them...
What are the differences between the version of the Meta Trader 4 Build 226 and Build 228 version? I ask because I do not know whether to update the program.
Well, I think I've finished the test management programme, so I'd like to present it to you now. I hope you like it. Purpose The program is intended for facilitating routine work of a trader in testing and optimizing Expert Advisors, sequential multi-currency, multiperiod and other types of tests
[Deleted]
/*----------------------------------------------------------------| // Indicator Export Expert v1, by juanchoc & neo | //----------------------------------------------------------------| // | //...
[Deleted]
I've got an EA that runs on multiple currency pairs and I want to display on the chart the total net profit for that respective pair that the EA has made or lost. How would I calculate this?
Hello, When I use the OrderSend command to my broker, does the Lot value get multiplied by my leverage when they receive it, or am I supposed to use the AccountLeverage() function in my lot size calculation? Say I send a value of 1 for lot, when I send the order, does my broker multiply it by 50 if...
New article Building interactive semi-automatic drag-and-drop Expert Advisor based on predefined risk and R/R ratio is published at mql5.com: Some traders execute all their trades automatically, and some mix automatic and manual trades based on the output of several indicators. Being a member of the...
Hello all I am trying to show the daily 13MA direction on a 1 Hour timeframe chart in a separate window using the coding as below. //--------------------------------------------------- 1 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------...
[Deleted]
Could someone please add a Invert option to this dollar index indicator so when you use it against the eurusd or usdchf you have a better view on the index verse the pair Thank you for any help //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //|...
MT4 is not MultiThreading and I have MultiCore CPUs I am trying to find out how to auto-open MT4s in Windows with command line options via Windows Scheduling to assign different instances of MT4 at StartUp to different CPU cores to balance the load and optimize computer operation.
[Deleted]
  Or maybe we should give it a try...  (84   1 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9)
Good afternoon, forum. I would like to offer you, although it seems ridiculous. I have been trading for 2 and a half years now. I have developed my own system and in my system I am not using any of the methods written in the guru-books. The system I have developed in my own system, I don't use any
[Deleted]
This is actually a question. What is the fastest way to double your account, even if risk is very high, and bad DD, and all that jazz. Just wondering, like a slot machine, you just put $10 in and in 1 hour you either have $0 or you have $20. What's the fastest, most aggresive way you know of?
I have the following code: The script must op_buy or op_sell depends of the last cfu or cfd. If the last indicator is "cfu" the expert advisor must sell only if the cfu <= Bid - 10pips and it must buy if the last indicator is "cfd" and only if cfd <= Bid + 10pips only one order opened. Problem: The...
Hello everyone, I'm looking to a professional programmer (english speaker) to teach me MQL4 / 5. Please reply wih you fees and time schedule. Cheers, Bob
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| Multi_Lot_Scapler_P_D1_JLY4.mq4 | //| Owner: Alejandro Galindo | //| | //|...
[Deleted]
In an EA, how can you add an EMA to the ATR, because ATR is very low like .0004 and EMA is obviously much higher. Is there a way to put the EMA inside the ATR?? I am trying to create an EA for this strategy: https://www.mql5.com/go?link=http://forex-strategies-revealed...
[Deleted]
Hi all, I have a serious problem that I can't understand: my multicurrency robot works in Interbankfx US but when I try other brokers it breaks down and gives me a "zero devide" error. Anybody knows why is it doing this? ..is it a platform thing? ..how can I fix it? Any help would be appreciated!
or is this function only for opened orders ? I would like to refer to the closed orders using the OrderMagicNumber(). Is this possible ? If YES can I please any example?
Hi! I'm creating a csv parser that will be used every time. I'm thinking about read it once and after that just work on the memory. How can I declare this like a TimeSeries? I'm trying something like: datetime ExtractDataFromParser()[] { } But it doesn't work. What's the best way to do it
I'm using an indicator that draws lines on a chart. The weird thing is that if i look at other charts i have open it seems the line has super imposed itself onto another chart (in the exact same place and way...) Have you guys heard about this? is it a bug? thank you
[Deleted]
Bars in test 2437 Ticks modelled 12323694 Modelling quality n/a Mismatched charts errors 462 Initial deposit 1000.00 Total net profit -925.02 Gross profit 343.73 Gross loss -1268.75 Profit factor 0.27 Expected payoff -13.21 Absolute drawdown 925.02 Maximal drawdown...
[Deleted]
i need to buy or sell when i get the signal from the indidcator and close the trade when i get the reversal signal to buy oy sell, can anybody point me in the right direction, please than k you
[Deleted]
Hihi, Anyone with experience in mt4 FXCM live account, pls explain to me if it happen to u before. i have an EA running on both live account and a demo account. A signal has been generated and it places trade in the mt4 demo account but not in the real account. This was suppose to be my first EA...
Hi, I am working on a script for a few weeks now but can not figure out how to make this feature work. I am trying to just close all open positions at some point of my script nothing seem to work but it keeps opening positions so how could it be possible to just close everything here is my base code...
Hi All, Does anybody have the Damiani Volatmeter v3.2 indicator. His site is unavailable. I saw that the version I have is repainting the green line. Is this correct? Thanks