doubt with the resut of MT4 strategy testing service

I have a doubt about the strategies testing of MT4:

I try a strategy and gives me a result of $ -10.000. Then, I leave the same strategy, and the same time for the test, and only change in the next parameters in "ordersend":
The Operation type: reverted OP_SELL to: OP_BUY
The Stop loss: Bid +300 * Point, changed it to: Ask-50 * Point
The Take profit: Bid-50 * Point, changed it to: Ask +300 * Point

And it gives me a result close to $ -10.000 again...

Logically I should be taking 10,000 because the entry and exit points are the same was before the change, the only change is that if before the operation type was buy, now is sell, and the prior stop loss is now a take profit, and the prior take profit now is the stop loss. (the entry is the same it was before). Thus, by changing the above parameters (type of operation, and sharing the stop loss and take profit) logically, I should be taking 10,000 of that before gave me - 10.000. I guess the splits and the spread can make the result different and not exactly 10,000, but they are not even close, the result is the same -10,000 (close to them)

I make the test in different occasions and with different strategies, it happen the same.

¿Does anyone knows why this is happening?

Thanks

trader201

trader201:

I have a doubt about the strategies testing of MT4:

I try a strategy and gives me a result of $ -10.000. Then, I leave the same strategy, and the same time for the test, and only change in the next parameters in "ordersend":
The Operation type: reverted OP_SELL to: OP_BUY
The Stop loss: Bid +300 * Point, changed it to: Ask-50 * Point
The Take profit: Bid-50 * Point, changed it to: Ask +300 * Point

And it gives me a result close to $ -10.000 again...

Logically I should be taking 10,000 because the entry and exit points are the same was before the change, the only change is that if before the operation type was buy, now is sell, and the prior stop loss is now a take profit, and the prior take profit now is the stop loss. (the entry is the same it was before). Thus, by changing the above parameters (type of operation, and sharing the stop loss and take profit) logically, I should be taking 10,000 of that before gave me - 10.000. I guess the splits and the spread can make the result different and not exactly 10,000, but they are not even close, the result is the same -10,000 (close to them)

I make the test in different occasions and with different strategies, it happen the same.

¿Does anyone knows why this is happening?

Thanks

trader201

not true,

since everybody is able to code a loosing strategy following your logic everybody is able to code a winning strategy by reversing the trade operations.

You have the spread, swap differences in best case. in worst case all the orders are different (entry/exit point)

zzuegg:

not true,

since everybody is able to code a loosing strategy following your logic everybody is able to code a winning strategy by reversing the trade operations.

You have the spread, swap differences in best case. in worst case all the orders are different (entry/exit point)

thanks zzuegg