Adding an indicator on an other indicator window

Hi All,

I am adding an indicator B on a window containing an other indicator A. I realize that indicator B has a different value than the one it would have if it was dropped alone.

Do you know how I could extract indicator B values through an EA when B is dropped on indicator A?

Many thanks for your help.

trader_yang:

Hi All,

I am adding an indicator B on a window containing an other indicator A. I realize that indicator B has a different value than the one it would have if it was dropped alone.

Do you know how I could extract indicator B values through an EA when B is dropped on indicator A?

Many thanks for your help.

Hi trader_yang,

If you are using an EA...you don't need to "drop" an indicator B onto indicator A...

Just call both values from iCustom statements and compare the A indicator and B indicator values directly in the EA for your Buy/Sell logic. Faster and easier than trying to mix two different indicators into one...

Placing them directly in the EA also makes it easier if you are using the A indicator values to get the B indicator values (or vise versa)....

And if you want to actually "watch" the two indicators work while using Strategy Tester....open a fresh chart and place both indicators on the chart in the way you want them. Save as a Template...and use the Template when you use Strategy Tester to test your EA...

Hope this helps,
Robert

cosmicbeing:
Hi trader_yang,

If you are using an EA...you don't need to "drop" an indicator B onto indicator A...

Just call both values from iCustom statements and compare the A indicator and B indicator values directly in the EA for your Buy/Sell logic. Faster and easier than trying to mix two different indicators into one...

Placing them directly in the EA also makes it easier if you are using the A indicator values to get the B indicator values (or vise versa)....

And if you want to actually "watch" the two indicators work while using Strategy Tester....open a fresh chart and place both indicators on the chart in the way you want them. Save as a Template...and use the Template when you use Strategy Tester to test your EA...

Hope this helps,
Robert

Thanks for your help. However 2 indicators in different windows do not show same values. That is why I am asking the question. I have no problemes with getting the values from indicators generally, except in this particular case...

I think he's referring to an indicator of an indicator, E.G. moving average of RSI. That you can't get via iCustom. Either combine the two into a new indicator or add the second indicator code to the EA.

Thanks, you confirm what I was expecting....

WHRoeder:
... E.G. moving average of RSI. That you can't get via iCustom. ....

I disagree. Well, okay, I agree with you for 'DIRECTLY' get it, but consider ...

A) create new indicator that calcs MA of RSI

B) use iCustom to get THAT value

brewmanz:

I disagree. Well, okay, I agree with you for 'DIRECTLY' get it, but consider ...

A) create new indicator that calcs MA of RSI

B) use iCustom to get THAT value

I did say
Either combine the two into a new indicator

Yes, in any case we need to use iCustom at one point to get indicator value.

But the point here is that we need to rewrite the indicator.

Reason: