MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1157

[Deleted]
can someone help me to input take profit to this EA.i have been trying to make it to take take profit on is own but all effort is abortive.here is the ea which i attach .thanks
I am in the process of back testing a new EA. I use the "every tick" model, but get no values for the High[], Low[] and Close[] arrays (all are == 0) I get only values for the Open[] array. Can anyone explain to me why this is happening? Is there a setting somewhere that I must adjust, or is my MT4...
Hello Traders / Coders I just wonder is there any script which remove the Graphics Lines and circle represet trade history, during visual test Or is there any option just disable in strategy tester that will not show trade history graphics during visual test pice of code will be helpful, since i...
Has anybody know how to use Active Lock to protect ea and indicatots? Thanks
I have try lots of combinations..Now I found one..If you could donate some token for my effort by putting your comments on my articles.. your can put up lots of comments or questions then i will share the combination for you to try.. i am sure after you have the combination indicators, then you will...
New article The Fundamentals of Testing in MetaTrader 5 is published at mql5.com: What are the differences between the three modes of testing in MetaTrader 5, and what should be particularly looked for? How does the testing of an EA, trading simultaneously on multiple instruments, take place? When...
Hi all here, if some of yours is using an economic calendar for news, what source you will recommend? DailyFX? Forex Factory? Thx for your recommendation, EADeveloper
[Deleted]
Hey all, Just had a couple of questions for you all. Can someone explain what the differences are between the following: Testing an EA on a demo server (running the EA in live trading mode, or forward testing), vs Testing an EA on a live server (running the EA in live trading mode, or forward...
[Deleted]
I would like to figure out how a custom indicator decides when to buy and sell so that i can add buffers and better format the indicator as a whole to be more profitable. I do not know how to program MQL4 and therefore can not interpret the code in MetaEditor...what is the best way for me to...
Hi Can someone help . I am using some scripts to execute trades. Is there a way for the script to see if it is a mini or standard account. My kids trade on mini accounts and I on Standard but always have to keep 2 of everything handy. Thanks
Is it possible to put object lable in seperate window??
i'm trying to send 2 stop orders after each other, but i get a lot of error 130's. this is the code i use: So what should i change to get rid of the errors? Right now only the first order is taken it seems //DIGIT FIX   if (Digits == 5 || Digits == 3)   {    // Adjust for five (5) digit brokers...
Hallo, is it possible to set a time stamp. The ea should use this time stamp (price level) to send an order after it went up 50 points. Thank you for your support Com
[Deleted]
Hi. Im trying the "Ilan16_PipStepRSI (Reverse).mq4" EA, but for some reason it seems that the reverse function doesnt work. I mean, it still opens the same trade as the "Ilan16_PipStepRSI.mq4. (opened at the same exact time, and with the same pair, etc). I've noticed that in the Inputs settings...
[Deleted]
  fixed order LOT  (1)
I want to sell/buy with fixed LOT such as 0.1, and if I want more than that I just have to double the order. I want to know how to setup MT4 such that it only allow 0.1 lot BUY/SELL. thank you zadul
I'm testing an EA on an Alpari UK demo account and I'm seeing some very strange behaviour. Some times a market entry is triggered, which i can confirm via a print statement just prior to OrderSend(), but the order does not go through for some reason; it's as if it was never placed (no error...
It happened a few times when F7 could not bring up Expert Advisor Properties box. I had to close MT4 and re-start MT4 to resume F7 function. What is the cause of this problem? Anyone? Thank you.
Can anyone tell me the program statements that will call a script by selecting an character or ICON on the Chart and have the script run? Steps I would like to know how to do. 1. How do you declare a character or item on a chart so it can be selected an EA activity? 2. What statements are required...
[Deleted]
Hello, could anybody tell me how to download OHLC from a daily chart into ones own Excel file?
I am working on a script that reads back x bars. for bars 0-9 I get information, but from 10 to 15 and back all I get is 0.0 for closed, open, high, and low. I have also tried this with the iOpen, IClosed functions with the same results. Is there something I need to do to load candle history past...
Hi again :-) Maybe also some of yours can send me past values (last 1-2 years) from economic calendar for testing? Thx and best regards, EADeveloper
  Refresh Issue  (7)
Not sure what version of MT4 this became an issue, but it is definitely there now. To ease cpu load, I use a flag so my indicators only run every new bar. Been working great for years, but I noticed now that when the refresh button is pressed, all my indicators disappear. From what I can gather, a...
[Deleted]
Hello, I curriently use the standard MT4 ADX indicator in my charts and access the same values in my EA using the command iADX(NULL,0,ADX14,0,0,1). I'd like to replace this ADX with a Custom Indicator ADX_WildersDMI. How can I accessing the values of this Custom Indicator, replacing the old command...
[Deleted]
Hi Experts in EA's! I got the following error in my EA and therefore I think it's not putting in SL and TP after I try to modify the order so that my EA works for an ECN broker. MT4 invalid double number as parameter 6 for ordersend THIS IS PART OF THE CODE if (UseStopLoss) StopLossLevel = Ask -
Ok, tho I don't have a programming background. Is there such a thing as Coder's in the Zone, Programmer on Fire or Coding hot Streak. Man, I tell ya. Some days I'm amazed that I coded something I taught was complex in 4-lines. On other days like today, I can't even pull off the simple stuff I've...
  AccountCredit?  (2)
Can someone please explain what AccountCredit() function does? Yes I have read the documentation and I have no idea what the credit value of the account means. Please explain.
[Deleted]
I'm trying to write an indicator. It kind of works but in backtesting the values returned don't match what's shown in the chart. Where am I going wrong? Here's the code:...
[Deleted]
I need a function that request to the broker all the positions I have on my broker account. For example, If I had a gold CFD, and 1000 shares of General Motors, and a Eur/us CFD.... Does it exist a function in mql4 that could get all these positions, with prices, number of position, from my account...
[Deleted]
Hi, When I run the following code I get the output "OK = incompatible access to a file, bytes = -1". Can anyone see why? The file is being created ok, it just won't write any values (or read, if i put the values in manually). Thanks    int handle = FileOpen("file.csv", FILE_CSV | FILE_WRITE, ';');...
Hello everybody, I want to determine the highest price of each M1-bar every minute. My aim is make a calculation meaning adding each higheste price per M1-bar For example: at 09:00 am M1-Bar Highest price = 1 sum: 1 at 09:01 am M1-Bar Highest price = 2 sum: 3( sum of 09:00 and 09:01) at 09:02 am...