Missing data / data gap

I've seen a few posts on this, but none of the responses work for me.

Lot of gaps, but let's stick with one...missing daily EURUSD data from Apr 7 2009 thru Jul 3 2011 (just over 2 years). I go to History Center (under Tools), hi-lite EURUSD and hit Download. Most of the data appears in this window (although some June/July 2011 data is still missing, in fact some data that was included originally is now gone). I press Close and the data on my graph is updated automatically. However, if I right-mouse click on the chart and choose Refresh the data goes back to the original data with 2+ years of missing data. What is going on?

I tried deleting files from the history folder but there are almost 10 folders here? I deleted files from 2 folders - FXDD-MT4 DEMO Server and MetaQuotes-Demo - but nothing works. Which one has the data that MT4 uses?

I also tried loading in my own data. It looks OK (i.e. correct format) on the History Center screen, but it never made it on the graph?

Is there a user manual/directions on how to fill-in the data gaps or load in new data? If you have a full subscription account (i.e. not a demo account) do you get gap-free data?

Any help would be much appreciated?

Thanks.

If your Broker doesn't have the data to give you then you need to get it somewhere else . . . but it will then not perfectly align with the data from your Broker.

There is some good info/advice here: http://www.jeremywhittaker.com/2010/12/28/setting-up-metatrader-for-better-backtesting-quality/

I use this: http://eareview.net/tick-data

It is a little complicated but if done correctly you get 99% TickData (and not just by the header) almost without any gaps ...

RaptorUK:

If your Broker doesn't have the data to give you then you need to get it somewhere else . . . but it will then not perfectly align with the data from your Broker.

There is some good info/advice here: http://www.jeremywhittaker.com/2010/12/28/setting-up-metatrader-for-better-backtesting-quality/

I deleted all folders in the history folder and then got EURUSD 1-minute data from outside MetaTrader. It downloaded properly...for a few minutes anyway. My 1-minute charts looked good but when I switched to another interval, it reverted back to the old data. Where does it get this old data from? How can I stop it from automatically downloading this old data? I feel that I am doing something very wrong b/c I can't imagine this is happening to all others.

I would like to be able to use my own CLEAN data without having it over-written everytime I change intervals or logout and back on and then have to download my data.

Thanks.

Once you have the M1 data you have to use it to create the other TimeFrames . . . once I have all the TFs I want I use the history center to import them, they are saved in the history directory.

6. The next step is to generate your 5m 10m 30m 60m 240m 1440m and 10080m data. This will get all of the commonly used timeframes. You can also do custom ones if you wish.

7. To do this you need to go to navigator from MetaTrader terminal. Select the scripts from the navigator window and look for one named “period_converter”.

Reason: