MT4 on Windows 7 with Multiple Monitor Set-Up

Hi,

I am running MT4 on windows 7 with multiple monitor set-up (2x2 arrangement).

I normally have the weekly, daily, 4-hour & 1-hour charts of a currency pair opened on each monitor. A strange behavior I notice is that I am unable to change the color of any draw tool lines drawn on the 2 upper monitors. I can change the line style, line width and other parameters except the color. The 2 lower monitors work perfectly fine.

Has anyone experienced the same? BTW, this has never happened when I was using windows XP previously on similar multiple monitor set-up.

I would appreciate any help on this matter. Thank you.

Don't install in \program files on Vista/Win7

Hi WHRoeder,

Thank you for your reply.

So should I just move the entire MT4 folder to "C:\"? Please note that I have already enabled the "Permissions for Users" under the MT4 program's Properties|Security tab.

Regards,

Supra

Supra:

Hi WHRoeder,

Thank you for your reply.

So should I just move the entire MT4 folder to "C:\"? Please note that I have already enabled the "Permissions for Users" under the MT4 program's Properties|Security tab.

Regards,

Supra

Hi WHRoeder,

I moved the MT4 folder to C:\ but line color still couldn't be changed.

Regards,

Supra

The only thing i noticed with multiscreenlayout is that the 'color choosing window' is always on the primary screen.

cheers

Hi Zzuegg,

In my case, the primary screen is on the bottom left of the 2x2 arrangement. The bottom right screen, which is a secondary screen, is working perfectly and not having this "color changing" issue though. Only the top monitors is in problem, and this really baffles me.

Regards,

Supra

Hmm, do you use 4 different terminals, or one terminal, maximized over all display's?

I have to say that i use only a horizontal layout, but for testing i have swiched it to a vertical, and for me it seems working fine.

Does the color choosing window not appear, or can you click on a color, but it does not change?

//z

zzuegg:

Hmm, do you use 4 different terminals, or one terminal, maximized over all display's?

I have to say that i use only a horizontal layout, but for testing i have swiched it to a vertical, and for me it seems working fine.

Does the color choosing window not appear, or can you click on a color, but it does not change?

//z

Hi Zzuegg,

I am using a matrox quad card maximized over all 4 monitor display.

Yes, the color choosing window appears. I can click on a color but it just won't change. What's really strange, I can change the line style & thickness from the same line properties window.

Regards,

Supra

I have exact same problem. Did you ever get it to work correctly?
Reason: