MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1158

Sometimes on an MT installation the drawn MovingAverages and the once you from the iMA are differnt while the Period, shift,MA type, etc is the same. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the MT4 with no success. I have seen other similar threads on this board without any response. Any idea?
[Deleted]
Hi, is it possible in MT4 in init() function of EA to do something like this... and how? Example: 1. Price=Bid 2. ticket1=OrderSend( Price+0.005, OP_BUYSTOP) ticket2=OrderSend( Price+0.005, OP_SELLLIMIT) ticket3=OrderSend( Price-0.005, OP_BUYSTOP) ticket4=OrderSend( Price-0.005, OP_SELLLIMIT)...
[Deleted]
Hi all, I have attached a indicator which is giving the signal after 3 or 4 bars later, can anyone change it to give signal after 1 bar, pls help
I have the following code that executes at certain times when i want to exit all open long positions (and another one for short positions) void CloseLongs(){for(int pos = OrdersTotal() - 1; pos >= 0; pos--) if (OrderSelect(pos, SELECT_BY_POS)            &&  OrderMagicNumber() == magic )    {...
Hi, how can I draw an horizonal line, which I can see only on the actual day? That is my old code: ObjectCreate(name,OBJ_HLINE,0,Time[0],high,Time[0],high); ObjectSet (name,OBJPROP_COLOR,MediumSeaGreen); But what should I change now?
Hi all, I wonder if any of you MT4 gurus could be of assistance to me? I would greatly appreciate it. I have an MT4 application which consists of 1 EA and 1 script. The EA, as you know, executes the start() method per tick. The script I have written has a while loop which sleeps every 1 milliseconds...
Is there a tool or a web site where you can find quotes of different brokers for EURUSD?
I want to review various symbols (shares) with EA and select the one that best meets my strategy, the more ROI estimate. Once you select a symbol the EA should apply the strategy to that symbol. My problem is to select the symbol that meets my strategy, I do not know how to switch from one symbol...
[Deleted]
Hello, In the attachement I enclose a great indicator which works for me in any timeframe. I think it would be great to make a simlpe EA robot based just on this indicator. Only SL, TSL, and maybe TP would be necessary to add to the EA to be able to trade it successfully. Could anybody try to...
Last page of the previous thread https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/126769/page1889
[Deleted]
What's going on with the search option?
[Deleted]
Hi, last night I got this error, I know what it means, but the weird thing is that after getting the error, my EA stopped working - it stopped moving the takeprofit, it stopped closing the orders, leaving one order open up until morning. This is how I handle these errors: if (Error == 136) {...
[Deleted]
can someone help me to input take profit to this EA.i have been trying to make it to take take profit on is own but all effort is abortive.here is the ea which i attach .thanks
I am in the process of back testing a new EA. I use the "every tick" model, but get no values for the High[], Low[] and Close[] arrays (all are == 0) I get only values for the Open[] array. Can anyone explain to me why this is happening? Is there a setting somewhere that I must adjust, or is my MT4...
Hello Traders / Coders I just wonder is there any script which remove the Graphics Lines and circle represet trade history, during visual test Or is there any option just disable in strategy tester that will not show trade history graphics during visual test pice of code will be helpful, since i...
Has anybody know how to use Active Lock to protect ea and indicatots? Thanks
I have try lots of combinations..Now I found one..If you could donate some token for my effort by putting your comments on my articles.. your can put up lots of comments or questions then i will share the combination for you to try.. i am sure after you have the combination indicators, then you will...
New article The Fundamentals of Testing in MetaTrader 5 is published at mql5.com: What are the differences between the three modes of testing in MetaTrader 5, and what should be particularly looked for? How does the testing of an EA, trading simultaneously on multiple instruments, take place? When...
Hi all here, if some of yours is using an economic calendar for news, what source you will recommend? DailyFX? Forex Factory? Thx for your recommendation, EADeveloper
[Deleted]
Hey all, Just had a couple of questions for you all. Can someone explain what the differences are between the following: Testing an EA on a demo server (running the EA in live trading mode, or forward testing), vs Testing an EA on a live server (running the EA in live trading mode, or forward...
[Deleted]
I would like to figure out how a custom indicator decides when to buy and sell so that i can add buffers and better format the indicator as a whole to be more profitable. I do not know how to program MQL4 and therefore can not interpret the code in MetaEditor...what is the best way for me to...
Hi Can someone help . I am using some scripts to execute trades. Is there a way for the script to see if it is a mini or standard account. My kids trade on mini accounts and I on Standard but always have to keep 2 of everything handy. Thanks
Is it possible to put object lable in seperate window??
i'm trying to send 2 stop orders after each other, but i get a lot of error 130's. this is the code i use: So what should i change to get rid of the errors? Right now only the first order is taken it seems //DIGIT FIX   if (Digits == 5 || Digits == 3)   {    // Adjust for five (5) digit brokers...
Hallo, is it possible to set a time stamp. The ea should use this time stamp (price level) to send an order after it went up 50 points. Thank you for your support Com
[Deleted]
Hi. Im trying the "Ilan16_PipStepRSI (Reverse).mq4" EA, but for some reason it seems that the reverse function doesnt work. I mean, it still opens the same trade as the "Ilan16_PipStepRSI.mq4. (opened at the same exact time, and with the same pair, etc). I've noticed that in the Inputs settings...
[Deleted]
  fixed order LOT  (1)
I want to sell/buy with fixed LOT such as 0.1, and if I want more than that I just have to double the order. I want to know how to setup MT4 such that it only allow 0.1 lot BUY/SELL. thank you zadul
I'm testing an EA on an Alpari UK demo account and I'm seeing some very strange behaviour. Some times a market entry is triggered, which i can confirm via a print statement just prior to OrderSend(), but the order does not go through for some reason; it's as if it was never placed (no error...
It happened a few times when F7 could not bring up Expert Advisor Properties box. I had to close MT4 and re-start MT4 to resume F7 function. What is the cause of this problem? Anyone? Thank you.
Can anyone tell me the program statements that will call a script by selecting an character or ICON on the Chart and have the script run? Steps I would like to know how to do. 1. How do you declare a character or item on a chart so it can be selected an EA activity? 2. What statements are required...