MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1150

[Deleted]
Hi. I have a problem with visual tester. I have a small cyclic code (EA) that I put into strategy tester whenever I want to be able to re-experience the market movement for any given time interval. Technically it shows me in real time how the market behaved in certain time interval and I can speed...
[Deleted]
What is the way used by the tester to emulate price ticks? I've downloaded prices data from the history center; "modeling quality" is shown as 90% for M5 period, and only 25% for M1 period. Why? Is it possible to visualize backtest orders on the candlestick graph? Why results of backtesting runs can...
[Deleted]
Symantec Messaging Gateway 9.5 Exam is the symantec exam name of ST0-132,ExamPDF has new updated this exam,it offers you the real and latest questions and answers to prepare for your test and ensure you pass your symantec certification at your first try.furthermore,it can help you save your time and...
Hi, What would you do if your Script/EA/Indicator overloads the CPU while running? What would you check first, what optimization would you apply? Especially if there is an endless loop in Script.. Thanks
Example: // The declaration of the PipPoint() Function:double PipPoint()  {    if (Digits == 2 || Digits ==3) double d_UsePoint = 0.01;    else if(Digits == 4 || Digits == 5) d_UsePoint = 0.0001;    return (d_UsePoint);  } // Then call the function from the code:double d_UsePoint;d_UsePoint =...
WTL (write to log) contains date / time and case numbercase 2047: WTL=WTL+" MH - Enter Monitor Hedge - Ticket # "+ticket_nos; break;case 20471: WTL=WTL+" MH - Enter Monitor Hedge - Ticket # "+ticket_nos; break;case 20472: WTL=WTL+" MH - Enter Monitor Hedge - Ticket # "+ticket_nos;...
I finally got around to getting my first EA done, but I've come to a grinding halt, as it does not live trade. The attached EA is a simple one (of course I thought I'd do something simple for my first EA....) It basically checks if the price has moved outside of an EMA envelope. If it has moved...
I've encountered a problem with MT4 on Windows 7 Ultimate OS. MT4 is starting and working in background properly, because I can see bot activity, BUT it doesn't want to display in full window mode or any other mode. I can only see application in the bottom of user interface, that its running, but I
[Deleted]
  Straddle Script?  (5)
Hi members, I am new to this so please bear with me. I want a buy stop and sell stop order to be initiated simultaneously at my command with the following parameters. Buy Stop Entry = Market + 15 pips Stop Loss = Entry - 10 pips Take Profit = Entry + 25 pips Sell Stop Entry = Market...
Hi I use scripts to enter, exit and reverse trades allot. Is there a way to inside a script, activate a ratchet stop loss on the order that you would normally do via the Terminal screen after execution? Thanks Johan
[Deleted]
hola i hope that all member of the forum are ok. my question is that can i attached at any moment openprice of all orders to an array and if it s possible what is the code to realize it. ex: price[10]={1.3560, 1.3600, ........}
Hello, I found this code and it seems only working on 4-digits platform. I don't see a need to change this code but I know I missed something in the algorithm so it won't work on 5-digits platform. So, how to make this code work for 5-digits? Please help and thanks. #define m  20050611//----extern...
  some question  (3)
1 It is possible to put hidden stop loss and take profit in ea instead off order_send () function ? 2 It is possible to display open trades on chart ? any indicator for that
[Deleted]
Dear All, I am quite fresh to programming and I would appreciate your help. In my EA I use a condition based on smoothed WMA. Could you please help me to write a function that calculates 3 days SMA of 4 days WMA for 1 bar ago, 2 bar ago and 3 bar ago for closing price? Do I need array function for...
Hi, I have a currency power indicator that displays currency relative values in a data window. For instance, you could have EUR 0.00 USD 130.00 JPY 200.00 Could you please advise how I can reference these values in another indicator using iCustom function? Please note that I only have the ex4...
Hi, i was currently testing a breakout stop and reverse system which seems to work nice. Until yesterday evening spread on usdchf was at least 40 pips, one trades was stoped out, the reversing trade opened but the EA was not able to set a new reversing order, because Bid was smaller then my sell...
Hello! Does anybody know how to do it? I allready google (https://sites.google.com/site/marketformula/mt4-help/how-to-remove-a-mt4-script-from-a-metatrader-chart) for this but it does not work. Thanks!
[Deleted]
For backtesting purposes, I am currently looking for a database of all ticks. I seems that nothing serious and costless exists. Then I proposed myself to create those databases myself. By letting my omputer runnng 5/7 24/24, memorising every tick it receives. But it appears that I can miss a lot of...
[Deleted]
I have written a simple DLL as part of a custom indicator for MetaTrader 4, which is called thus: int start(){double Rates[][6];int MaximumRecords = ArrayCopyRates( Rates, Symbol(), 0 ); for( int zz = MaximumRecords; zz >= 0; zz-- ) { OutPut[zz] = EMPTY; } GetSMAArray( Rates,...
  Good Advice?  (4)
Is the following good advice for installing MT4? Important Note: Never Install MT4 software into the default installation folder if you plan on doing strategy testing. DO NOT EVEN INSTALL ON YOUR C DRIVE, Instead change installation path to another partition on your computer. Let's suppose you have...
I use GlobalVariableSet() in init() call to count number of EAs running on Terminal. int init(){  if(!GlobalVariableCheck("Count_EAs"))     {      GlobalVariableSet("Count_EAs",1);    }  else     {      GlobalVariableSet("Count_EAs",GlobalVariableGet("Count_EAs")+1);    }  return(0);} int...
Hello MQL, can you create this overlay Chart indicator in an unlocked mode setup ? After this, you can SCROLL the overlay Chart about the chart, this is veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy usefull and i look for it. Kind Regards balduin
[Deleted]
  please help me  (1)
Hello traders and programers, im looking for a EA that can trade using the stochastic indicators,, stockastics settins 3,3,3 buy when main line goes to equal 20 sell when main line goes to equal 80 timeframe 15 min chart stop loss 30 tp 50 please if anyone knows where i can downlaod this ea or...
I have 6 servers to choose from in my brokers MT4, and somehow the platform switches to the one with the biggest lag every half an hour or so. How do I set a fixed server that will always remain the same?
I want to write a EA that uses moving averages cross Slow being the 5 period Fast being the 3 period the EA will check the if the fast ma is above the slow on the previous price bar close all open orders go long one mini place TSL 50 pips when MA's cross again close all trades and go short I think
[Deleted]
anyone knows of good 3 MA / 4 MA system ??
[Deleted]
USA east time? my computer time? could I adjust the setting? Thanks a lot~
need help in ea code ea has to open one order per candle and close the position after candle is closed so need help to close the position as soon as candle closed extern double lotsize = 1;datetime order_time = 0;int init()  {   return(0);  }int deinit()  {   return(0);}int start(){   double...