Metatrader automatically starting bad indicator

Hi I am having a problem getting control over my MetaTrader platform.

I got an indicator that a friend asked me to try to look at. Since I loaded it on the chart yesterday it seems to use all the CPU so that MetaTrader is effectively disabled. There seems to be no way to unload it. If you close MetaTrader with the task manager and then try to bring MetaTrader up again, it automatically reloads the same indicator with the same outcome.

Does MetaTrader have some disk file that can be changed so it does not try to reload the chart and indicator or EA it was last running when it was last closed?

Thanks,

I don't know this for a fact . . . . never tried it . . . so at your own risk.

Do you know what Profile you were using ? if you were using the default profile then it's called default. In your MetaTrader directory there is a profile directory, try moving the folder in there called default to another directory, then run MetaTrader . . . it might just create a new default profile for you . . .

Replace the bad indicator with a Blank one.

Remove the indicator from the profiles\default\chartXX.chr and then start the terminal.

Result:

I first tried renaming some of the indicators being loaded. Somehow that did not work so I deleted the chartXX.chr file. After that MetaTrader came up, still loaded one of the 3 indicators but did not use up all the CPU as before. I was then able to unload the remaining indicator in the normal way.

Thanks for suggestions.

Reason: