how to identify price reversal points

The task is very simple - to identify local price reversal points. In fact, it is the potential entry points into the market (they just need to be filtered by the rules of TS).

So, I have not found a suitable indicator, that would help us clearly identify such points. The figure shows the adaptive fractal average in blue, the channel zigzag in purple and linearly smoothed 1st derivative of the fractal average (i.e., the rate of change of the fractal average) in green. Vertical lines at the intersection with the blue and green chart form extreme points of price fluctuations (these are almost entry points).

The chart becomes jerky - there are a lot of false signals. When smoothing it lags a lot. I cannot find the "golden mean" when the points do not lag too much and there are not so many false signals. Do you think some other indicators may be required to determine the entry points?

Forget all smoothing and approximations )))) Only discrete impulses rule )))) Think about them ))))

The indicator that is not lagging is price, add graphical analysis to it and you will "detect price reversal points".

try the stochastic))

artikul:
Forget all smoothing and approximations )))) Only discrete impulses rule )))) Think about them ))))

What's there to think about? I've already tried it. Show me a pulse indicator that filters out a clean signal.

ZZZEROXXX:
try the stochastic ))

eh there's even more interference ))))

maybe there's an "advanced" stochastic?

Advanced at Yusuf's. I don't really know what it is you're looking for. You don't get that kind of response time and few false signals, no one would be sitting here right now.

ZZZEROXXX:
Advanced by Yusuf. I do not really understand what exactly you are looking for. I would like to know what I am looking for: a fast responder with very few false signals.

I am looking for such a device - ideally)). First, it would be nice to find a good Pivot Point indicator for a volatile market. As a rule all stochastics are deflated at once on a dynamic "saw".

The next step is to use one stochastic during a trend and another during a flat. Something like this.

ZZZEROXXX:
Advanced by Yusuf.

Where can this Yusuf be seen? )))

andreybs:

Ideally I am looking for it ))). First, it would be nice to find a good indicator of pivot points for volatile market. As a rule all stochastics are deflated at once on a dynamic "saw".

The next step is to use one stochastic during a trend and another during a flat. Like this.

Where can I see this Yusuf? )))

Posted in his branch. Scroll back a few pages - familiarise yourself with the material... :-)))

The indicator itself is in the trailer.

Files:

Come on, you're trying to find unrealistic things ))))) If everyone knew where the trend starts and where the flat starts )))).

Yusuf here https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/10339 but I am not serious, although maybe that is what you are looking for.

Roman.:

Posted in his branch. Scroll back a few pages - familiarise yourself with the material... :-)))

The turkey itself is in the trailer.

Interesting indicator. Only forecasting I would use as a filter for the TS. Entry points should be calculated, not predicted (this is my opinion). I dug out here the description of algorithm that this indicator is based on. I will definitely try to use it when I get to the signal filtering stage.
Reason: