MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1161

Could someone please help me with my notification code. The code is suppose to email when a trade is entered. During backtest the Print statement always has OrderCnt_0 = OrderCnt_1? Thanks in advance for the help. ---Tom ***Please See Updated Code below this one***** int      OrderCnt_1    =...
Has anybody tried to develop an EA using Trend Lord? I am calling Print("Index 0:", iCustom(NULL,0,"TrendLord",0,0,1)); Print("Index 1:", iCustom(NULL,0,"TrendLord",0,1,1)); Print("Index 2:", iCustom(NULL,0,"TrendLord",0,2,1)); and they return Index 0: 0.0 Indev 1: EMPTY_VALUE Index 2: EMPTY_VALUE...
[Deleted]
  Your most effective strategy?  (123   1 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13)
Hi. Which strategy are you currently using? Don't be greedy. Not many people read this forum. And if someone finds out about your super strategy, it won't stop working)))
  Weird 131 error  (2)
Dear all, I'm finally testing my first EA in real and something weird happens. Every time a new order should be opened a 131 error is got. I'm running it simultaneously in demo and in real. Curiously it works smoothly in demo. All orders are sent fine there, but it doesn't in real. Both accounts are...
Hi everybody, I was trying to build an indicator that calculates the RSI from a CCI indicator. The main problem is that I don’t know why this indicator doesn’t calculates in real time properly. When I open in real time, only the past data is ok, every new tick that is received change dramatically
  Yusuf's floodwaters  (91   1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10)
In view of the growing popularity of chatterboxing and the rise of Yusuf to a new level of trust among forum members, It was unanimously decided to move the meeting of the Telepath Club to another branch with new meeting rules. The existing one should be renamed to a more appropriate name
[Deleted]
hi, it is well known that the format of the historical data of mt4 is in frame of 1 minute (open,close,high,open) if i have an accurate historical data with a resolution of a tick, can i import it to MT4? can i perform the back-testing on a "real ticks" and not on "generated/modeled ticks"? if the...
  slippage = 0  (1)
Hi everyone, does slippage=0 mean that zero slippage is tolerated or unlimited slippage is tolerated? best regards fx1
[Deleted]
RenkolivechartV3.2 source code: https://www.mql5.com/en/code/9358 I using renkolivechartV3.2 on ikon fx turbo meta MT4 platform, this platform symbol got extra two dot behind currency pair symbol, example: "EURUSD.." I only able to create renko offline chart by enable strange symbol name in this...
  sms solution  (2)
I'm looking for a solution to sent SMS text messages from my EA to my mobile phone ? Has anybody some experience with this? A tip ? A possible solution ? Thanks.
Hi, all Does anybody use IBFX Australia in Realtime? I find it can't pop up trade in my expectation while the other platform works well. Also, I used back testing through that time, it trades correctly. But at real time it does not. I have already figured options like 'allow live trade'...
He there! Question to MQL experts. I can't understand how to define default values for functions in my library. Default values tend to be ignored and I get "wrong parameters count" error message. Here is my example. I created simple test library "experts\libraries\test.mq4":void test(int i = 0) //...
Hello, i have this question for the people that have an Real account with Alpari, wich build version ot MT4 do you have?? because i'am doing some backtesting, and i have the Version 4 build 229, and this is very old, when you open and a real account you get an update from Alpar for the MT4??...
have own ea ;used to be able to make changes to code on metaeditor then compile.can do manually on chart but is slow with many charts to test.cant seem to find solution.then when made changes;press compile and ea goes back to original settings.crazy !.i just wont to go to metaeditor once make...
[Deleted]
Hi All I am sure this has been done before..... My name is Sam. First of all may I state I do not wish to learn MQL4. I have ideas and have no problems in paying others to code them, basically because I am a great ideas generator but not a very good programmer (to say the least !). So the problem is...
I am developing my EA and use the Alert function extensively. It is great -- but with no obvious explanation the window has gone walk about. The regular ALERT 'noise signal' keeps sounding but there is no window popping up to display the contents of the ALERT message. If I replace the ALERT with...
I have studied and used this phenomenon for the past few weeks. And it is very profitable. But I need someone to program an alert for it. I use the ht jurik bollinger with a standard deviation of one. When the upper and lower band converges (comes closer to each other) and BOTH MUST move. The...
MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build 401 Terminal: Added handling of exceptions in custom DLLs when calling from MQL4 programs. Now DLL crashes do not affect Client Terminal. Terminal: Client Terminal is now installed by web installer, that supports MetaQuotes CDN Network. Terminal: Rewritten
[Deleted]
Good afternoon, I've noticed from my small EA statistics that: - 70% of losing trades occur on Friday - Tuesday and Thursday are the most profitable trades The Expert Advisor strategy is based on trend movement. My question to Expert Advisors' readers: What are your observations about the best time
[Deleted]
Hi i'm newbie and i don't know anything abouti MQL4..so i'd like to leran... i would create a very simple indicator for mt4... ..it shouldo plot on chart simple orizzontal line on values i want.. example..i would plot some orizzontal lines by different color (or with the name written near every line...
[Deleted]
Hi to all, I need a little help with programming in MetaEditor 4... so my problem is: I want to include a "wait function until my condition becommes true if (condition1) { "wait until" (condition2 == true); // I want to check this condition again and again until it will be true { do2; } }...
[Deleted]
I have programmed an EA that works and shows a profit on my US broker in the test environment for a short time period (three weeks). Granted, I'm not a professional programmer and the code is choppy and inefficient, but it works. I have also started trading this EA on a live account with extremely...
New article Statistical Estimations is published at mql5.com: Estimation of statistical parameters of a sequence is very important, since most of mathematical models and methods are based on different assumptions. For example, normality of distribution law or dispersion value, or other parameters....
Hi guys I just got a new trading account which has a different base currency to the pair I want to trade. For instance, if I have a USD based account but i trade GBP/JPY, or some other pair which doesnt contain USD, how is the order executed? Does the broker automatically do a USD to (GBP or JPY)...
Hi Everyone, Here is my small piece of code, and I cant figure out how to make the line start from the time the object was created to current bar, and not go all the way from the start entire screen.. Please help? :)       string dtTimeBegin = TimeToStr(TimeCurrent()...
I am developing my code and it keeps getting longer! I am sure there must be a way to place - say - working functions (1 or more) into a separate file. I have seen the include, scripts etc but haven't found just what I need to do.
So some syntax in an EA from the code base I didnt understand:       for(i=0;i<K;i++)          if(i%2==0) What does the "%" inside the if-statement mean??
  Table Drawing  (2)
Hallow Every one I don`t know how to draw a Table on the chart, so if you can help me I`ll be so Grateful I need it with a unique style just like the picture Which was posted orginaly in the link bellow https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/109719 I hope you can help me
We calculate numbers which could best be described as support resistance numbers. We would appreciate some help to write a program which could read the data set and then draw the lines on the appropriate charts. Thank you
Can you add the InputBox() function on Meta Trader 4 (with new release) like the sample below? Here -> http://www.csharp-examples.net/inputbox/ is the sample of the source code in C#. Developers: Can U implemente it to the MQL4 ? MQL4 experts: How to implemente above sample ( C# ) into MQL4 code...