MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1080

I am using arrays and resize them with each new bar by calling a user function to do this. I have the impression that this function is interrupted when a new tick is coming in, with the result that the arrays have incorrect information. Generally visable when changing charts or timeframe and only...
hi ...the following code snippet i created to close orders if the total profit of orders reach 500.....these orders are of many different symbols...but this snippet only closes some orders, not all ...why this happens??....and i even tried the same with while loop instead of if, but that closes all...
Hi everybody, I'm using a 5 digit broker. When I use the function Print(Low[0]) I see 4 digit, for instance 1.3147. If I write string value=DoubleToStr(Low[0],5);Print(value) ; Low[0] is 1.31467. My doubt is: when I write Low[0] in an expert, the returned value is 1.3147 or 1.31467? Thank you!
Hi, I'm writing an expert on M3 offline chart. I need to recall a double from M3 offline chart. I'm trying with the following code but it doesn't work... int handle; double varray[1]; handle=FileOpen("EURUSDM2.hst", FILE_BIN|FILE_READ); if(handle>0) { FileReadArray(handle, varray, 0,...
[Deleted]
Hello During yesterday EURUSD market, at 16:00 GMT, I predict price would go down for at least one candle. But my local time was 10:30 at night . Hence I cant trade and I lost a chance to get 35 pips. I like to to know if there is a script or EA that can close all opening trades after recent candle
  Error code 4023  (4)
I'm receiving the error code 4023 when using a DLL (only occasionally), but can't find any information what this code stands for. Anyone from the MT4 crew who can answer this?
[Deleted]
So here the idea : I get 2 vars on a CSV file. "date" : 15.01.2013 and var "time" : 18 (ie the January 15, 2013 at 18h). I can put this format as I want. I wonder if anyone knows a way to know how many times in minutes it rest before that date from the current date? At least know if it's possible...
[Deleted]
  Mail or sms by -X profit ?  (22   1 2 3)
HI HI how do you do when it comes to certain profit to get a mail or sms? I've tried it but I do I come on. http://www.xpworx.com/download-free/mt4-tools/xpmail-metatrader-send-mail.php Thanks
New article Custom Graphical Controls. Part 3. Forms is published at mql5.com: This is the last of the three articles devoted to graphical controls. It covers the creation of the main graphical interface component - the form - and its use in combination with other controls. In addition to the form...
New article Object-Oriented Approach to Building Multi-Timeframe and Multi-Currency Panels is published at mql5.com: This article describes how object-oriented programming can be used for creating multi-timeframe and multi-currency panels for MetaTrader 5. The main goal is to build a universal panel...
i have some question about history data,and cannot found in forum . 1/if my MT4 always opened, is it necessory to download the data,is the data auto restored in the fold ? 2/which fold of MT4 restored the data ?what is the file format ? ........ .doc .text 3/may i delete the data or copy...
[Deleted]
Hello there ..does anyone have an Adx with these features on board.? please dont hesitate to contact me if is a yes. kind regards AMBITIONZ
[Deleted]
hi there, just asking.. did it true that EA run on ECN Broker can't do OrderSend with SL and TP ? because when i try, i always get error 130. But when i set the SL and TP to 0, it successfully enter the position i wanted
  MACD Cross  (3)
Hi Guys, I know this is probably a stupid question to some of you, but I am new to mq4 programming. My strategy is to use MACD on a higher time frame like on the 1H chart. and then trade overbought and oversold with Stochastic on the 15M chart. If MACD crosses the Signal and MACD > Signal then the...
[Deleted]
Not quite Friday, but ... There is an NS, any NS, there is an input A={A1, A2, .... A20}. Train the NS and get a satisfying result. How do we practically evaluate the contribution of each element of input A1, A2, ... A20 to this result? The options off the top of my head are: 1) Somehow sum up and
i need to find a good programmer to program my EA and also some advise on protecting my idea as you never know it could be worth protecting once it,s complete, Would appriciate any helpful info on these,s matters cheer snowie
[Deleted]
why does my code cause a memory leak. I coded it such that it will run the indicator on all the bars and then stop accepting future ticks. i = Bars;    Print("Year: "+TimeYear(Time[i])+" Month: "+TimeMonth(Time[i])+" Day: "+TimeDay(Time[i])+"Hour: "+TimeMonth(Time[i]));     while(i > 0)...
Hi, I want my EA to put out e.g. the EMA or Magic Number in the comment field. Is it possible? How? Thanks, Sebastian int Magic=105;t=OrderSend(CHART,OP_SELL,VolumeLots,Bid,SlipPips,s,p,"Magic",k,0,OrangeRed);
[Deleted]
Hello I have written a dll in delphi which uses curl library to send some logs to mysite , it works fine in delphi , I wrote an aplication in delphi which uses mydll and it is working fine. but when I try to use it in MetaTrader , it crashes! here is the crashlog : There has been a critical error...
[Deleted]
I have written a C++ DLL to calculate an sma using a recursive formula which should update on the completion of a new bar only, and most of the time it works OK. However, occasionally it updates on the newly forming bar and the sma shoots off at a bizarre angle as shown in the screenshot below. Once...
  Hello All..  (4)
Hello all.. My name is kevin and I'm very new to programing... infact, I have no experience it writing code and eager to learn the process and the language. I'm looking for help in creating a good e.a. Any takers?
[Deleted]
Hello; For first, excuse me for my english, my level running low (verry). I make a DLL in C++ langage for create a button window in chart of metatrader. If i work with indicator script, my dll draw the button on chart correctly. But, with the same code in expert advisor script, my ddl does not...
I am using Windows 7 starter on my mini laptop, I installed Instaforex metatrader software and it is not loading giving a prompt that software is not compatible. Other MetaTrader 4 software is running ok. Anybody has a solution on how to run the Instaforex metatrader 4 platform without problems on...
  Tester Issue.  (2)
MT4 Veterans, I am having problems with tying out expected trades with tester trades. To improve the quality of my testing, I downloaded tick data from a broker in CSV format to over-ride the MT4 tick generation process. As a part of this process I utilized a script which took the CSV file and...
  Kelly Lot Help Please  (27   1 2 3)
I have been looking and learning and have found a way to start developing this mm system, granted I am not a coder by any stretch on the imagination. I have attached a very simple EA just using a Daily Pivot nothing elaborate in an attempt to try and get the Kelly Lot Size going. I would appreciate...
Hi I have many instances of MT4 running with different brokers. I have not had any issues for quite a while. However after version 402 I cant get the LiveUpdate to work on any of the instances. This tells me its an issue on my PC as oppose to a particular instance. The error I get is Server: No...
I searched to see if anyone else is having this problem, and what can be done. Build 409 takes forever to launch. I reverted back to 402. Big difference. Is anyone noticing this? Can anything be done? I really do not want to upgrade as it's causing a problem in launch time. Any solutions to this?...
[Deleted]
Here is the portion of my code in question /*    int counted_bars = IndicatorCounted();    i=Bars;      if(counted_bars>i) i=Bars-counted_bars-1;     */          i = 100;     while(i > 0)     {       string match = List[0];             m = 0;       for(j = size - 1; j >= 0; j--)       {         if(...
Hello, I am frecnh and my english is no perfect and it will be pleasant to ignore it. I have a problem with the "start" function"; it is run at every tick, yes? But in my EA algorythm, ther is a function wich is waiting for a new candle and I do not want resarting the sart function at every tick...
Could someone from MetaTrader (or someone who has found a way to do this) state how it is possible to have more than MT4 running (from different brokers) connected to one excel spreadsheet please? I have seen articles on this subject but no solutions. Thanks