MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1087

Hi, It may sounds very easy for who knows it, but not for me. Any help, I just want to caculate the slope of the Bollinger Band Indicator each 15 seconds. many thnaks in advance.
[Deleted]
Hi, Could anyone please tell me what I can do about this error: 2011.11.24 13:08:14 '428334': modification of pending order #1872705566 buy limit 0.10 USDJPY at 77.100 sl: 0.000 tp: 0.000 -> price: 77.100 sl: 76.800 tp: 0.000 failed [Invalid volume] which is being generated by...
New article Testing (Optimization) Technique and Some Criteria for Selection of the Expert Advisor Parameters is published: There is no trouble finding the Holy Grail of testing, it is however much more difficult to get rid of it. This article addresses the selection of the Expert Advisor operating...
Has anybody any idea how to count the result of all active orders for all different Symbols at one time? For example I have opened: 0.1 Lot sell EURUSD -> OrderProfit() is -10.00 USD 0.1 Lot sell EURCHF -> OrderProfit() is 8.00 USD 0.1 Lot buy USDCHF -> OrderProfit() is -22.45 USD 0.1 Lot sell GOLD
Hello Everybody, i've read through the book and documentation to figuere out something about pushing values to an array, but it seems that you have to declare array size when declaring the array ... is there a way to make the array dynamic and push and clear elements values? thanks, jacob
[Deleted]
Good day, I want to make breakeven code but I get sometimes OrderModify error 1. The MQL4 help book tells me that this happens "If you pass unchanged values as the function parameters, the terminal will generate error 1 (ERR_NO_RESULT)." What means this "unchanged values"? Does this means that...
I've been able to successfully create my own alerts recently but I want both an alert and a playsound at the same time. Problem is when I do this only the alert fires or the sound is cut off to play only a small portion of the orginal sound. Any ideas for a solution for this would be appricated
Hello Everyone !!! DO you think is possible to write Market Profile with Volume Profile and WVAP ? not just intraday, monthly weekly charts too. Somthing like http://www.sierrachart.com/ do . best regards. http://www.aboutforextradingblog.com/
Hello Everybody, i'm trying to set rectangles in an Indicator Window. It seems that you can only use time as X-Coordinate. Thats why i wrote a function that calculates a wanted coordinate value into a time value at the horizontal time line displayed in the Indicator Window. That works great, but if...
  Historical Data  (1)
How can I download tick data for EURUSD since Jan 2008.
Note: So that we are clear, using the 5 digit MT4 system, I call them micro-pips or the 10 cent pips to describe things. That is, pips means 4 digit system pips, micro-pips are the 5 digit system of pips. We all know that the ZigZag Indicator almost always repaints the newest line drawn. Often it...
Hello, I have IBFX and its 5th decimal. Why does MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_STOPLEVEL) = 0? Why does MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_POINT) = 0? Even when I am specifying point as 0.00001 with double it prints as 4 decimals. I was able to chat with IBFX and was told its because metaquotes defaults 4...
[Deleted]
hello, can someone tell me a good ea? i´m new in this forum many thanks hunk
& how can i get it work   int Cnt = 500;  double TestArray[Cnt]; this is the error i get
[Deleted]
I've developed trading systems on other platforms for over 10 years. I had 12 years of experience working with Tradestation and I've used several other platforms. If I backtest a system in Tradestation, I can be 99% sure that (other than slippage, fills, etc) it would have traded in realtime...
[Deleted]
Hi, I am new to MQL and looking through the book and I was looking at the code in the example for a simple expert advisor (https://book.mql4.com/samples/expert) in the 4th block // Orders accounting   Symb=Symbol();                               // Security name...
[Deleted]
  moving SLs  (14   1 2)
Hey there, though I am aware that there are lots of threads out there that cover this problem I just wanted someone to have a quick glimpse on my particular approach to the "moving SL after price has moved XY pips in my favor" and give me a hint as to why it is not working properly. Not working...
[Deleted]
Hi all. I need change maximum open positions at one time, from 1 to infinity. What i must change in this code? Thank you :-) int BarCount;int Current;bool TickCheck = False;static bool ITradedOnThisBar;//+------------------------------------------------------------------+//| expert initialization...
I am running my EA on Demo, but I am unable to make any progress at the point where the existing market order is instructed to close. The instructions from the strategy are being generated correctly at the start of each new bar and my various alerts are as follows: Number of orders=1 Ticket=2426438...
[Deleted]
Would it be possible to create an open-ended rectangle i.e. a rectangle without the second time coordinate or an raylike infinite time projection? I originally thought about creating two horizontal lvls and filling the space in between with a background color but since that isn't possible in mq4 I...
[Deleted]
  iHighest and iLowest  (11   1 2)
Hi, I was trying to get the highest and lowest prices out of a group of pre-calculated prices and was wondering about the how. I assume it is done by arrays but I'd like to know the exact procedure. double someprice, someotherprice, somemoreprice, evenmoreprice;//then some calculations to get those...
[Deleted]
Hi I am having problems with the re-entry logic of me EA. Ittrades continuously, I want it to do the following please. Assume Long entry criteria obtained... once long entrylevels are reach, trade must close based on TP or SL then: 1)say (x) level is reach for entry, then EA must onlyre-enter long...
I have written an EA and get the most mystifying results from a piece of code that i have written. It works well with Buy orders but refuses to work with Sell orders. I have gone through the system code a hundred times. Even rewritten it - but the same un-explainable result keeps on happening....
OK, so MAYBE I AM slow! But I can NEVER find any new private messages that I get. I can find everything else but! )< 8( So if someone will kindly just point me in the right direction..... -=>
Understandably, utilizing different Optimization date ranges gives different results. But how to figure out which results to use? Each different Optimization set gives different back test results. Again: understandable. So one takes one set, lets say from very long range ~ 5+ years and runs it...
[Deleted]
Welcome! I am a newbie in MQL4. I tried to create custom indicator for (this indicator "THV3 Trix v4.01 Div.ex4") Draw Up Arrow in Chart Window: Cross-Lines to UP Draw Down Arrow in Chart Window: Cross-Lines to DOWN These my try: There are two problems 1- UP arrow is repeated more than once 2- Down...
I wrote some code for this guy, it writes code to a file.example: FileWrite(handle, Minute()); but he says he doesn't want access every tick but by interval. Is there a way to specify how often something is written to a filewithin start()?
[Deleted]
Hi brothers, need hlep . if someone can help me to add Back Test feature to this indicator ......!!! this indicator comes with alert, what i want is to add arrow to the chart when ever alert is accure ..!! so when i do a back test later on i will find those arrows indicating there was alert(signal)...
Hi Everybody, does anybody know a good description of how to loop through minute values in mql4, way back in time, like 10 years. It should be done as an analysis of an indicator which means it should not be too slow. Thanks for your help, Jacob
Hello, I need your help. I have an Array called A[6] which has 6 values in it ( A[0] = 0.5, A[1]=1.0... ) . I want to transfer these data to another array - B[6], so B[0] should be 0.5 - A[0] - and B[1] should be 1.0 - A[1]. Do I need to transfer the data from array to array by a mechanical...