One of my EA's (conservative!) - comment please - page 2

1 or 2 positions in 5 days shouldn't be a problem since they seem to be profitable. You want good trades, not just allot of trades. I only say that because your filter seems to be filtering decently.

bgaiteiro wrote >>

The only problem i see is that only open 1 or 2 positions in 5 days, because the open sthocastics dont reach easely the level to trigger the signal in a strong trend move.

That is OK. It seems that you do not get a full advantage of your winning trades. If you have not done so already, use a balance-dependent number of lots for trades. In other words, always invest a fixed percantage of the balance. That way, the balance should grow exponentially.

bgaiteiro

> The only problem i see is that only open 1 or 2 positions in 5 days, because the open sthocastics dont reach easely the level to trigger the signal in a strong trend move

Thats because Stochastics are for ranging markets and lose the plot when a trend takes hold

-BB-

Great results. Could you expand a bit about the entry strategy? I am hitting a wall when developing ea's for timeframes below daily bars! cheers

bgaiteiro:

Hi gpwr, i only use sthocastics and rsi to open and close positions. I also use an angle indicator to determine the overal trend and open only in that direction. This last indicator multiplies my minimum defined lot. Proportional SL, TP and TS to the Timeframe used do the rest.

The only problem i see is that only open 1 or 2 positions in 5 days, because the open sthocastics dont reach easely the level to trigger the signal in a strong trend move.

Stochastics and rsi? This is the holy grail of simplicity then :-) Could you expand a little bit? Thanks!

flaab:
Great results. Could you expand a bit about the entry strategy? I am hitting a wall when developing ea's for timeframes below daily bars! cheers
How many old threads are you going to dig up hoping for a reply ?
Reason: