MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1077

[Deleted]
  Time converstion  (1)
How do I convert the time say from a 4 hour chart to a 1 Minute chart. so if the 4Hour chart says a specific time and date, how do I find that index on a 1Minute time frame? I used this code but it doesnt give the correct index. the chart is on a 4 chart. Print("Time of day:"+TimeDay(Time[i])+"...
[Deleted]
I know this sounds dumb to some but - I need to work out where my margin will last to - lets say I opened short position, 1.3100 eurusd - the trade goes up instead of down, now I decide I would want to wait this one out, so i don't want to close my position. I need only display that with my current
ok, my problem is on very strange array action. I got a 2D array called filecontent where on that is [50][1] in size. its set as a global variable. The problem is that although i set for every element of the array a different value when i m trying to print it back i keep getting the same value for...
Hi, Can you give some advice here... The preliminary goal is to extract pairs of ticketnumber & orderprofit from history, and copy them to multidimensional array for sorting ascending by ticket. This I think is the most reliable way to 'get hold of' the last N orders for further investigation....
[Deleted]
hi guys, i coded something that if some condition becomes true it will create an object in my chart. the object is a text and a rectangle. my problem is that if i do backtests over a day/week/month, my code will only create 2-5 objects. but i this periode of backtesting the code should create about...
I have a problem with a MetaTrader from a Broker, I have use with many different Brokers my EA,s but with this broker i get to often the same problem. The problem ist that, when i have the Expert Advisor on the chart running then i look sometimes and see that is has not send orders, then i want to...
[Deleted]
I need some help with this stop loss issue. the following code gives me a 130 error (invalid stop loss). Even though the stop loss and take profit are above the minimum limit? i dont get it at all thanks to anyone who can help...
hi..guys.... i created an indicator with values from the total profit of the opened orders....whenever i restart the platform or refresh the screen, the data gets lost....how do i make the data persistent??..
[Deleted]
Hello fellow traders, I am currently working on setting my MT4 program up for my live account (been only trading with something else before). Now i am getting really irritated at the way the objects (trendlines, fibo's etc) work. Why isnt there a tab in options that adds hotkeys to every single
From 01.01.2012, it's not possible to open a demo account after a fresh installation of the MT4 Client Terminal. It's the same with every broker I tried. It works if you log on to an existing account first. Apparently it's some date-related issue, server side. Thanks for fixing it.
[Deleted]
  How much is the "grail" worth?  (111   1 2 3 4 5 ... 11 12)
For example, there is a trading system (in the form of a pattern) that can make profit every day on any instrument. How much could such a system cost? Maybe someone has seen live examples of such " grails " on sale? Example: if you see a grail system that may yield profit every day, you should only
[Deleted]
This may be a silly question, but is there any way to refresh the contents of the Navigator window within the MetaTrader 4 terminal? The equivalent window within MetaEditor does have Refresh as one of the options in its context menu, but I cannot see any equivalent in Terminal. If the answer is...
G'day from downunder, Firstly, is it possible for the EA to control the timeframe (hour, day, etc.) or does the EA use the timeframe of the underlying chart? In other words, can an EA running on a 5-minute chart be using a one-hour timeframe for its decision making? If it is possible for the EA to...
[Deleted]
  TREND FOREX  (2)
I've been all through the archives and all I can find is more people asking this question with no answers. The question varies and is usually related to "non-reproducible backtesting results". It is just become obvious to me that "bid" and "ask" are not stored in the data. Since data is...
[Deleted]
Hi, I would like to draw to vertical line on the current chart. Let's called these lines "start" and "end". How can I obtain the prices within these lines (time period). Please help. Thanks.
  [Archive!] Writing custom-made EAs  (95   1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10)
I write EAs in MQL4 of any complexity to order. A professional programmer. Quickly, accurately. analitik888@rambler.ru ISQ: 484429964
Hey there, I want to close an order when 3 candles have closed in the stop loss area. It just seems like the logic is never true. I have other conditions for closing trades and they work fine. Here is my approach. P.s The Print functions don't get printed....
[Deleted]
am new at this buisness,i understand the layman understanding of the buzz but i cant just really figure out thr grapichs..actually i was doing mis own currency exchange locally which the idea came to me when i changed school from my country to another,i now discovered the difference and thought more...
[Deleted]
Hello Friends, I am newbie, age 32yrs, learning first time the FXRICH terminal DEMO client for EXCHANGE of EURUSD. Currently i am still working on DEMO version to understand the parameters . Can anybody explain me this ?? Using logic's i am still confused that if i invested on 500 US Dollars and
[Deleted]
according to my strategy ineed help to add and modify position i had done this but it has problem if (Volume[0]>1) return; //here i want to modify all open orders with new sl for (ii = OrdersTotal() - 1; ii >= 0;ii--) { OrderSelect(ii, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_TRADES); if (OrderType()==OP_BUY &&...
[Deleted]
Hello, Somebody know an expert advisor that can trade in two broker that use mt4 plataform ? I would like to buy eurusd in one and sell eurusd in other. A want to trade in the diference of the prices. Buying where is cheaper and selling where is expensive. Regards
I have been reading through some code in the codebase and came across //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//+------------------------------------------------------------------+extern bool EachTickMode = False;int BarCount;int Current;bool TickCheck =...
[Deleted]
Hi guys im new to MQ4 and i have built my first EA i want to know how i lock it to an account and broker plus also so will only work on EURUSD pair ? All i need is the code and know were to put it for this im happy to pay please get back if u can help:)
It's annoying. Clone forum. I've told myself twice already. They are so lazy that they do not know what to do and they do not want to be hurt. And once again the eternal forum troll moderators will get it. They themselves have nothing to say. But they mock people who are looking for something, such
[Deleted]
I have strategy that I wrote an EA for and it is supposed to place an OCO for the instrument it is attached. 2011.10.11 03:00:03 DailyBreakOutAUDUSD,H1: open #57394810 buy stop 4.20 EURUSD at 1.36901 sl: 1.36401 tp:1.37901 ok 2011.10.11 03:00:04 DailyBreakOutEURUSD,H1: open...
[Deleted]
Hi, if an object on the graph has name= ABC_DEF_EHIJKL_MNOP_QRST How can I get only the part "MNOP" and save to a string With many thanks in advance :)
Hi I've created an EA that works, but I want to take it to the next level, atm I compare the account balance with the "previous account balance" with a static double... So I record the account balance, and then after the trade is completed, the EA checks if the account balance got less or more, if...
Hello, I need of the history data tick by tick of the pair currency AUDUSD, someone can help me with it? thanks []'s Leandro
[Deleted]
Hi: I'am new using the program (Mt4) and iam currently using it in demo mode to practice. The point is that i have this problem, what i thinks it is a big deal, at some random moment the program connection seem to stop (even when my web browser connection is doing fine) and a few seconds later it...