TestGenerator: unmatched data error

Hi,

I am new to EA devel and I am already facing problems.

I made a new EA with the wizard and tried to run it on some offline data (EUR/USD 4h). The offline data is the one provided by metatrader.

However after I start the EA the Journal has hundreds of lines looking like this :

2008.03.31 19:26:41 TestGenerator: unmatched data error (volume limit 12385 at 2006.12.15 00:00 exceeded)

2008.03.31 19:32:16 TestGenerator: unmatched data error (volume limit 969 at 2006.12.19 12:00 exceeded)

2008.03.31 19:32:09 TestGenerator: unmatched data error (volume limit 304 at 2006.03.27 21:00 exceeded)

What is the problem ?

Thanks in advance.

Just mismatch between your M1 data and tested timeframe.

For example. M5 volume - 15. M1 volumes - 5, 5, 5, 5, 5; volume limit 15 is exceeded on the 4-th M1 bar

stringo:
Just mismatch between your M1 data and tested timeframe.

For example. M5 volume - 15. M1 volumes - 5, 5, 5, 5, 5; volume limit 15 is exceeded on the 4-th M1 bar

Hi Stringo et al,

So what is the solution?

Sometimes I get these like crazy, other time no problems. I haven't discerned what the factor that is controlling this is and how to prevent it?

1) I import my brokers back Data into my history center.

2) Set the last date to something much earlier, typically 1970. Then close the History Center.

3 I then open an Off Line chart. Refresh it.

4) Press 'End' to get to the latest data. Then hold the 'Page Up' key until it scrolls back to the beginning of my data. Then refresh it again.

Then I hit the 'End' key to get back to the latest data and refresh it again.

5) Most of the time I then go back into the Data Center and delete that last record with the 1970 date.

6) Sometimes I will then use the 'Period Converter' to generate m5 Data, the m15 Data, etc until I get the time period that I need.

* Haven't tried this yet, but going to: skip this step and let the back tester or Optimzer convert it as it runs it.

7) In this case I had generated the m5 and m15 data using the script on the Off Line data chart.

8) I'm back testing m15, and the Back Tests have used the m1 and the m5 data. Both of which generate the unmatched error messages like crazy.

Suggestions?

What about deleting all of the m5 and m15 data from the history center and then either:

a) Use the period converter on the m1 chart to generate the m5 and m15 data as stated above.

OR

b) *Just run it with only the m1 data present and let the back tester or optimizer generate it?

Thanks for any and all assistance.

Reason: