MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1074

I have been trying to open a further demo account early this morning (9:15 am in UK) and was unable to - this system gave the 'failed noise' and never reached the FINISH stage. Alpari (UK) created account for me. (I have passed details of this query to Alpari (UK) and await reply - the help message...
Hi, I'm creating a custom indicator. this indicator call the iFractals indicator on another timeframe. This cause MT4 to crash. but... if I first open the time frame in MT4 (H4 for example), then going back to previous time frame (H1) and then adding the indicator in the window, doesn't crash! so...
Hi I am using an EA which has a problem in the coding. If MetaTrader is closed down or cut off whilst the EA is running and a trade has been open, then when MetaTrader is reopned the EA closes the trade out. This is only a problem is MetaTrader losses conection and reopens itself automatically. Does...
I have discovered that MT4 offered by my ECN/STP broker will be freeze when the spread is negative. I have reported this issue to my broker and i was told that it is the limitation of MT4 since it is designed for MM but not for ECN/STP, therefore it cant handle negative spread and nothing can be...
[Deleted]
Guys, I have an indicator that I want to alert me by text message when a signal occurs. I have an extern bool Send_Texts = true; in the header and the following that never emails me. My Options Email TEST works perfectly, so I wonder if the SendMail ever executes: int start() { for(i = 0; i...
Buenos días. En varias oportunidades me han aclarado dudas que he tenido, pero para formular mis preguntas me ha llevado tiempo porque me cuesta escribir en inglés (creo que con todo y traductores lo escribo machucado). Quisiera saber si en este foro puede escribirse en español Saludos trader201
windows 7 professional 32 bit 1. open an existing somescriptname.mql4 (double click on the file not from metalang) with metalang editor 2. then modify something 3. compile it 4. the original somescriptname.mql4 will be gone. and there is only somescriptname.ex4 problem will not occur if open...
[Deleted]
  Grid EA problem  (2)
Hello, I am trying to code a very simple EA. The EA should do the follwing: The variable BasicGridLine is the Basic Grid line ;) Variable grid_separation is the distance to the next grid line, again and again.... If the ask price match a grid line, a tradeshould be open with X Pips Take Profit of...
[Deleted]
Hello, I am using MetaTrader 4. I have created an expert advisor under the \experts directory and it shows up in MT4. However when I navigate via the filesystem to C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4\experts I see all the default files but not the file I created that shows up in MT4. Why is my file...
The end of the previous episode is here . The rules of the series remain the same
Is anyone able to tell me the difference between how MT4 calculates the ATR as opposed to NinjaTrader? I'm trying to match NT's version to MT4, but the results are wildly different over all time frames. Really appreciate an explanation, coz I can't pick where the discrepancy is. NT ATR source code...
[Deleted]
  Time converstion  (1)
How do I convert the time say from a 4 hour chart to a 1 Minute chart. so if the 4Hour chart says a specific time and date, how do I find that index on a 1Minute time frame? I used this code but it doesnt give the correct index. the chart is on a 4 chart. Print("Time of day:"+TimeDay(Time[i])+"...
[Deleted]
I know this sounds dumb to some but - I need to work out where my margin will last to - lets say I opened short position, 1.3100 eurusd - the trade goes up instead of down, now I decide I would want to wait this one out, so i don't want to close my position. I need only display that with my current
ok, my problem is on very strange array action. I got a 2D array called filecontent where on that is [50][1] in size. its set as a global variable. The problem is that although i set for every element of the array a different value when i m trying to print it back i keep getting the same value for...
Hi, Can you give some advice here... The preliminary goal is to extract pairs of ticketnumber & orderprofit from history, and copy them to multidimensional array for sorting ascending by ticket. This I think is the most reliable way to 'get hold of' the last N orders for further investigation....
[Deleted]
hi guys, i coded something that if some condition becomes true it will create an object in my chart. the object is a text and a rectangle. my problem is that if i do backtests over a day/week/month, my code will only create 2-5 objects. but i this periode of backtesting the code should create about...
I have a problem with a MetaTrader from a Broker, I have use with many different Brokers my EA,s but with this broker i get to often the same problem. The problem ist that, when i have the Expert Advisor on the chart running then i look sometimes and see that is has not send orders, then i want to...
[Deleted]
I need some help with this stop loss issue. the following code gives me a 130 error (invalid stop loss). Even though the stop loss and take profit are above the minimum limit? i dont get it at all thanks to anyone who can help...
hi..guys.... i created an indicator with values from the total profit of the opened orders....whenever i restart the platform or refresh the screen, the data gets lost....how do i make the data persistent??..
[Deleted]
Hello fellow traders, I am currently working on setting my MT4 program up for my live account (been only trading with something else before). Now i am getting really irritated at the way the objects (trendlines, fibo's etc) work. Why isnt there a tab in options that adds hotkeys to every single
From 01.01.2012, it's not possible to open a demo account after a fresh installation of the MT4 Client Terminal. It's the same with every broker I tried. It works if you log on to an existing account first. Apparently it's some date-related issue, server side. Thanks for fixing it.
[Deleted]
  How much is the "grail" worth?  (111   1 2 3 4 5 ... 11 12)
For example, there is a trading system (in the form of a pattern) that can make profit every day on any instrument. How much could such a system cost? Maybe someone has seen live examples of such " grails " on sale? Example: if you see a grail system that may yield profit every day, you should only
[Deleted]
This may be a silly question, but is there any way to refresh the contents of the Navigator window within the MetaTrader 4 terminal? The equivalent window within MetaEditor does have Refresh as one of the options in its context menu, but I cannot see any equivalent in Terminal. If the answer is...
G'day from downunder, Firstly, is it possible for the EA to control the timeframe (hour, day, etc.) or does the EA use the timeframe of the underlying chart? In other words, can an EA running on a 5-minute chart be using a one-hour timeframe for its decision making? If it is possible for the EA to...
[Deleted]
  TREND FOREX  (2)
I've been all through the archives and all I can find is more people asking this question with no answers. The question varies and is usually related to "non-reproducible backtesting results". It is just become obvious to me that "bid" and "ask" are not stored in the data. Since data is...
[Deleted]
Hi, I would like to draw to vertical line on the current chart. Let's called these lines "start" and "end". How can I obtain the prices within these lines (time period). Please help. Thanks.
  [Archive!] Writing custom-made EAs  (95   1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10)
I write EAs in MQL4 of any complexity to order. A professional programmer. Quickly, accurately. analitik888@rambler.ru ISQ: 484429964
Hey there, I want to close an order when 3 candles have closed in the stop loss area. It just seems like the logic is never true. I have other conditions for closing trades and they work fine. Here is my approach. P.s The Print functions don't get printed....