MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1047

Candle Counter  (3)
I would like to know whether there is a mt4 indicator to count the number of bull and bear candles seperately in a chart for a given time intervel. Eg: I want to know how many candles were bulls or bears in the last 2 hour period in a 5 minutes chart. Regards Noufel
Hi Guys, I am new to writing experts and need some help, I am trying to get the standard deviation for closing prices from a EURUSD 1min chart but I do not understand what the MA parameters are used for or what to set them to! Here is what I have so far: Array of iClose values for EURUSD from a...
Good morning, I need help understanding how I can close a deal have elapsed for example 20 minutes since it opened, can anyone help me?. thanks
Hello :-) I would like to allow multiple instances of my indicator to share a variable -if applied to different charts-. Is that possible without using global variables? Thank you!
[Deleted]
Why must there be a minimum age of 16 for the MQL5 Championship? I am 15 Years old and have 2 years experience programming EAs. Why can't I participate? Would it be a bad idea to lie about my age when applying for the 2012 competition? Would it change things if I turn 16 by the time the...
Dear Gentlemen,, I am a new trader that was trying to use the (ROC) Rate of change indicator in Meta trader 4 but I did not have any luck finding it in the indicator list, kindly if any one knows a tutorial on how to insert it or as an add on or where I can find it I will be thankful ...........
Which of these two MarketInfo() options should be considered when opening, closing and modifying orders?
Hey friends, I am a newbie to study coding. This day I find a interesting indicator of draw high/low lines,"HighLowBands.mq4".    i=Bars-LookBackPeriod+1;   if(counted_bars>LookBackPeriod-1) i=Bars-counted_bars-1;   while(i>=0)     {      UBBuffer[i]=High[iHighest(NULL,0,MODE_HIGH,LookBackPeriod...
I'll put in a good word for the stereo pictures again. It's useful. The eyes develop - the brain develops. It trains concentration. But that's not what I mean. I mean that in order to see a picture you need a "fulcrum". Catching such a point, you build up the entire image from it. Graphs are akin to
[Deleted]
Dear all, I need to solve next problem. I would like to automate some data transfer form mt4 to mt4 in different pc's. So I decide to use SendMail() function. I take the data what I need and transform it in string (one very long string about 1000 characters), after I send this data to my email,...
  Remembering veterans: Box and Jenkins  (108   1 2 3 4 5 ... 10 11)
In 1974, 38 years ago, the legendary book "Time Series Analysis" by Box and Jenkins was published. This book has had and continues to have a huge impact on time series analysis and forecasting. To this day, US government agencies are still making forecasts using a modification of this model
  Avalanche 6.2  (186   1 2 3 4 5 ... 18 19)
Have assembled another version of Avalanche V_62. Closing is done using CloseBy, which is somewhat more advantageous. Changed trailing algorithm. It works on Demo account since 20.07.2010. At first the lot was 0.01, but then the lot was increased to 0.1. Closures were sometimes executed manually
Hi, I am doing an automatic system and I need to test it. I can do it in 1, 5, 30, etc minutes candles, but I can´t to test it in range candles, because the metatrader is not able to do in this kind of candles. Do you know if is possible to insert this kind of candles in the strategy tester? How...
Does it make sense to anyone that an EA that is supposed to stop and reverse whenever the trailing stop is hit would do so several times within a minute every minute whether the trailing stop is set to trail at 30 pips, 300 pips, or even 3000 pips on the GBP/JPY H4 timeframe? I have an EA that's...
[Deleted]
Hi To search via time or bar numbers I use this for example: for(i=2;i<3;i++){ I am trying the use the same type of code against price, to search for the nearest pivot line to the current price but I cant seem to get it to work, here is the code is was using to search for pivot lines below the Bid...
Hi, if anyone out there could help me out on how to import data from TrueFX to the MT4 from Pepperstone, will be much appreciated.Thanks
[Deleted]
Hi, I have been testing a strategy based on MACD and two moving averages 20 and 200 for a couple days now. I get steady positive results when back testing but the last transaction "Close at Stop" is always a huge negative. Any ideas as to why this might be happening? Thank you D
[Deleted]
Hi all, i would like to show MACD on another Currency pair,but i meet some problem when i try to do it. For example,please see the below pic,the current pair is EURUSD,and the MACD is belong to EURGBP,apparently the MACD is wrong. But if i change the currency pair to EURGBP, the MACD looks good....
[Deleted]
  Needs help  (4)
Needs beta testers for our new scripts at fxautomated.com
[Deleted]
Hello I have an EA that much of it I learnt to code myself, but for one part I had to get a coder to write as it was a little out of my depth here is the code below, it dowloads pivots from my webserver that are provided by my broker: bool  PivotsTromTheFile(int lev){        static int prewTime...
[Deleted]
I need an Expert Advisor that will work with a confirmed trend ( Moving Averages ) Could be the signal. I would want this signal working with the RSI and it needs to be adjustable within the .mqh So I can adjust some settings if I need to. espacially in india. Plz contact at aazerjah@yahoo.com
[Deleted]
Hi, I have a MT4 e-mail alert but it only sends e-mail when I logged in the MT4. Is there any way to get the alert mails sent even when I'm offline ? Thanks.
[Deleted]
Can somebody help me with this standard ichimoku indicator , I have tried to add historical shift but id does work properly for me. My intention was to shift indicators values so I will be able to study his predictions by selecting on my consideration '0'(first) bar, for ex: I wat that indicator
  [Archive!  (7065   1 2 3 4 5 ... 706 707)
This topic is for discussion of issues that are not directly related to the topic of the forum
[Deleted]
I know that these causes IndicatorCounted()==0: 1. indicator first time being run 2. incoming new historical data because user key-pressed "home" 3. MT4 went offline temporarily 4. there are missing bars between the current Time[0] and Time[1] e.g. Time[0]==13:12, Time[1]==13:15 Today, I may have...
I wish to check my open trades (from the 15m TF) and close trades that are negative (after that trade was executed) after the 1 HR bar closes. Any help is very much appreciated thank you. Here's what I have so far: void checkCloseOnTime() { double HourBarClose=iClose(mySymbol, PERIOD_H1, 1); for(int
hi to all! i used the search function to solve this problem on my own and i found something but the problem is, i don't know how and where to implement it. i would be very happy if someone fixed this pivot-indicator that it ignores sunday data. i tried it with "if (dayofweek==1) shift++;" but...
We just released NoProgra Builder, a visual tool to create expert advisors using natural language. This is the easiest way to create eas. Please try it - it generates the ea and the mql4 code. You can get it at noprogra.com This short video shows how to use the tool. https://www.youtube...
Hey Guys, short question: I've written a custom indicator (see below) just drawing 3 trendlines. Everything works just fine. However, when adding the indicator to my template and apllying this template to a different currency pair the lines are not drawn. Then, when i open the indicator list...
I am a long-time C# coder, and a new (still paper trading) Forex trader, and new to this forum, so please forgive me if this is a RTFM question or if I should have asked this somehow/somwhere else. I have created a fairly simple EA to begin my framework for creating orders. I am testing to ensure...