MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1054

If price movement follows a random walk, ( and this forum would be empty if everyone thinks it is ), how many Pips would a trader need to capture/lose in-order to have the same odds as roulette? In this case we'll assume the European wheel with 36 numbers and a single 0. The wager is the Even Money
Hi, since a few days (the last update) I have noticed a problem with my Expert: OrderSend function 0 and no position is opened. There is no error returned but no ticket is created. Here is my code: RefreshRates();         if (pOrderType==OP_BUY)         {            result=OrderSend(pSymbol,...
  Newbie questions  (3)
Hi all, I have returned to meta trader after looking at it some time back, at the time I just could not get my head around it. if anyone can anser these hopefully simple questions it would give me a really good head start. 1) which Is best MT4 or 5 for trader mainly doing FTSE 100 + SPX pair...
[Deleted]
Hi all, I am using the ATR indicator on the EURUSD day chart. I've set the period to 30 days. According to MetaTrader the value of the ATR was 0.0104 on 2-29-2012. According to other charts (ProRealTime and Netdania) it was 0.0132! Are there any known issues with the ATR indicator? Or are the other...
[Deleted]
Hello everyone, thats my first post at this board and any help would be appreciated. MQL often tried to drive me insane (most times my fault), but THIS one is just ridiculous: 20:47:32 2011.10.20 03:15 Marker EURUSD,M15: Stab1Differenz * Stab2Differenz < 0 0.0005 -0.0012 -0 Code looks like...
[Deleted]
  mq4 compile  (1)
hello, i have windows 7 & have not added any mt4 indicators with this operating system.. Metaeditor will not compile indicators or ea's on 2 accounts. Runs ex4 files fine..What could be the solution?
[Deleted]
I need some guidance on using the strategy test with Renko bars. I've used the RenkoLiveChart_v3.2 EA to create a Renko bar chart but it seems that it is designed for live trading only. If I try to generate a hst file for use in the strategy tester I get "unmatched data" errors. Has anybody tested...
[Deleted]
MT4 & FXCM make a GOOD pair of THIEVES! FXCM & FXDD have a CLASS ACTION law suit on their DIRTY/FILTHY hasnds! MT4 is a product of the BIGGEST internet THIEVES, ---Russians!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I closed my FXCM account after I noticed many MYSTERIOUS actions on MY account!!!!!!!! BEWARE MT4...
[Deleted]
Hi guys, and thanks for taking the time to read this. I have just started learning & coding in MQL (I have some experience with C). I am setting up an EA that gets moving averages . It loops, getting the moving averages repeatedly -- intending to be getting the most recent averages. The first time I
My broker varies spreads on a market that I'm interested in. I'd like to have an indicator that shows the historic Ask price. Can I access historic Ask prices, or will I need to keep a record of them myself? Does such an indicator already exist? Also, if I do need to keep a record myself, how can I...
Hi, I have programmed an indicator with many objects. If I remove it from a chart with no or less other objects, all my objects from this indicator will be removed. If I remove it from a chart with many objects, the objects are on the chart after removing it anymore
[Deleted]
Hi folks, how can i retrive a failed return value for ArrayBSearch ? i just tried to wrote a wrapped ArrayBSearch Method but "dArray[iIndex * iSize + 0]" is always "0". How can i acces a undefined array like my paramter "(double dArray[], ...)" ? int wrappedArraySearch(double dArray[],double dValue...
[Deleted]
I need to close all orders older than 2 hours. Anyone know how to do this or have anything that could help? I tried to understand the time function but it is not working, maybe I am calculating/obtaining the time incorrectly. Any help is welcome. Thank you! =D
[Deleted]
Hello everyone: I'm new to MQL programming. I have code that's working perfectly fine as an indicator but when I convert it, I'm running into an odd issue. I'm not getting my arrays to set to any values in the latter. I define a Type Double Array and am using the High() function to define some...
[Deleted]
For anyone willing to take the time to explain, if you create a custom indicator, how do you "encrypt it" for a better word, so others can use it without the code being viewed, thanks to anyone contributing, I do understand there is help in the "book" but i am asking for a contribution if i could...
Hello, everyone, I met a problem while coding in MT4. It is just a simple script that caused the CPU occupied at 100% percent. I was wondering whether you would be kind enough to enlighten me what is going wrong. Thank you so much!...
Hello, Simple question, Can I prevent an indicator to be used using iCustom() function? THX!
Hello, I have a simple question, Can an indicator call itself with icustom recursively? This could be useful to know other values of the same indicator in other timeframes. Cheers :-=
I would like to draw automatically two horizontal lines everyday on 00:30 and on 14:45. After the end of day two horizontal lines should be deleted and draw new lines on new day at above times. Has anybody any idea, how to do it?
[Deleted]
Can anyone please explain this to me:
[Deleted]
I'm on a 5 digit broker. Using Strategy Tester! This code, Alert("Stop Level: ", DoubleToStr(MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_STOPLEVEL),5)); returns 0.00000 However, this code:             Print("Attempting to open BUY order...");            ticket=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,0.1,Ask,1,Ask-20*Point...
[Deleted]
Hi, how do I apply an indicator to an indicator in MT4? E.g. when I want to show the Momentum of the MACD? Thanx. ForexFan
  3 min charts  (1)
Hi I would like to watch a 3 min chart is there away to set this outside of the standard settings. ? Thanks.
[Deleted]
Several posts have been SPAM attacked by user: https://www.mql4.com/users/bata
[Deleted]
Hi, I am trying to use MT4 platform to backtest stocks. But how do I add a new symbol for my stock? Thank You, Robin
[Deleted]
In my EA I built an Array called 'TickData' which saves incoming bid price and time information for each incoming tick (skipping ticks with changes in Ask price only): double TickData[][4];int start() {   UpdateTickData();}int UpdateTickData() {   int arSize = ArrayRange(TickData,0);   if...
Hello again, I would like to detect a timeframe change and clean all objects on the chart from my indicator. Deinit() seems not to execute on a timeframe change on the same chart. -this is, clicking H4 from D1 for example. I would really appreciate some help, and thanks in advance for all your...
New MetaTrader 4 build 415 has been released We have released the new MetaTrader 4 build 415 with a lot of changes and improvements. Now we invite you to participate in beta testing. Connect to our demo server at demo.metaquotes.net: 443 and the LiveUpdate system will automatically update your...