MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 520

MTF - HA (nrp)  (6)
Hi community, I have this nice non-repainting indicator (coded by mcs "THANKS!") and have edited with my wishes. Everything works fine besides that I can't set all TF the same. For example 60/60/60. The first bar is always the current TF. Can someone help? Thank you dynel14
I am running a large amount of back tests. I have been keeping a few laptops busy most of the time day in and day out. I have found a few issues that hopefully someone here can help me with. I run a EA test with M5 charts for 1 year timeframe and the tests are taking about 20 minutes per setting...
  Broker issues  (3)
#Expert Advisors - Open  Hello, Yesterday I discussed one of broker for sign up for new account for testing - and they said me I can't use Expert Advisors, so I immediately said bye! ( I would not like to note that broker name at all ) ( not only I made by myself - no one can't use any type of...
Good morning. I tried to download from the site mt4setup.exe but when you install I find MetaTrader5 instead of version 4. How can I do?
Hi all I want an indicator that draw arrow on main chart when CCI(14) < -100 and MFI(14) < 20 and sum latest three days Volume is greater than monthly Volume Average. thanks again
I wrote this code and put it in my EA's init location. Each time I start the EA, I want to read in this file.    int Handle;   string FileName = "Callouts1.csv";   string OP_Type = "";   string Symb = "";   double Entry;   double StopL;   double FirstNum;   double SecondNum;...
Is it possible to set Comment() text color in an EA? Wackena
Have you ever come across this problem? I am using my MT4 strategy tester to test an EA and after some (about 40-50) runs for a 2 year period (in 30M timeframe) my computer's main hard drive (C drive) fills up !!! I used WinDirStat to find out which program took all that space and I found that MT4...
  Array Problem!  (8)
Hello everyone! I created a simple HeikenAshi pattern and every training I have to insert a horizontal line at the close up and I have to see him in the historic midnight. I can not understand, how can I add a line for each pattern that has already occurred from midnight onwards. Maybe I should use...
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //|                                                      MAvsRSI.mq4 | //|                        Copyright 2017, MetaQuotes Software Corp. | //|                                             https://www.mql5.com |...
Hi,  I have some strange issue while using backtester. Here is some code sample:   double ND(double val)   {    return(NormalizeDouble(val, Digits));   } void OnTick()   {    double price=Ask;    double minstoplevel = MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_STOPLEVEL)+10;    double...
All; I am testing a robot in Strategy Tester. I set the Max Spread on the robot to 2 pips, and the max slippage to 3 pips. I also have the spread on the tester set to 'Current'. When I run Strategy Tester on the 5 minute EURUSD, I have poor results. When I change the spread on Strategy Tester to '2'...
Trying to figure out how to get random number for use in random lot sizes. Ex: double randNumb = (MathRand()%9)/100; //randmon lot size double LotSize = 0.1 + randNumb;
  Get account info  (9)
     double MarginFree =  AccountInfoDouble(ACCOUNT_MARGIN_FREE);      double Margin =  AccountInfoDouble(ACCOUNT_MARGIN);      double MarginCheck = MarginFree / Margin; When I use this I get a division by zero error.
Hi, any help will be dearly appreciated.   So I had tested a few strategies out which ran on a single Symbol, and analysed data only from a single Period. It was coded so that positions can only be open when there is no open positions of that type already open. while (OMNS5 < T) {  when a position...
Hello guys, i'm building an ea that store PERIOD_M30 mqlRates structure for different symbol and do some statistical calcualtion,  the problem currently is that i need approx 10 000 bar laoded to make my calculation, but the graph has more or less 2000 bars when you laod it the first time or you...
i need help to understand working of EA while Auto Trading button on MT4 is in OFF status EA has three functions; one entry point strategy, move SL to break even and Exit trade at given profit/loss levels. In case trader intends to turn Auto Trading button OFF to avoid opening of excess trades...
Hello Members, This is the standard view of the indicator   Back Testing with Speed 32 shows something like this,   There is a big Gap, Trendline get drawn only for current few bars, not for previous one, is it normal with backtest? Or there is a problem with the coding?   Regards  
Hi, I've got two different EA's both profitable over 2016 on GBPJPY on the 1H timeframe, one returns 267.51 and the other 233.54 yet when amalgamated into a single EA that uses both trading strategies simultaneously (whilst allowing the extra positions to be opened) the return was 269.97. I had
The code should close all orders but not the last opened. Can anyone help me? Thank you very much My code ... void CloseOrders()   {    bool close1=false;    bool delite1=false;    int closez;    RefreshRates();    for(closez=OrdersTotal()-2; closez>=0; closez--)      {       if(OrderSelect(closez...
Hi Guys, Does anyone have an Oanda-v20 live account that has been running EURUSD for more than 6 months on MT4, and are willing to share their history file with me on google drive? I have been running mine since 1 December and the backtesting data is great from then on, but not so reliable before...
  sum of lots  (2)
hello ... at certain price level  (by example for EUR/USD  Bid = 1.0655)  I have active orders (SELL) and pending orders (SELL-STOP )- 2 pending by example  when the pending Orders activated haw i can get the sum of these orders lots ?   
Dear all, I just started learning MQL4 language to support my trades but I have a little question on how to run this very very simple script:     //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| OrderBuy Scripts      by ***NicoMax***                           |...
I have a function on an EA (mql4) to set price levels at which not to buy or sell. The function doesn't work correctly, once a threshold has been reached it won't trade at all. Obviously the idea is still to be able to Sell once the High_Level is breached and still be able to Buy when the Low_Level...
Hi,   I have built an expert advisor thanks to ea builder, it is based on fractals breakout strategy. I have set up an open long order when price line closes above the upper fractal line with a stop loss located on the lower fractal line. Short orders are opened when the price line closes below the...
Hello to all I'm writing an ea for mt4, I wanted to open an order with a size dimensioned to 2% risk relative to capital I wrote the following code, when I go to calculate the size, gives me a size of 14 lots, using a demo account by EUR 5,000 and a stop of 50 pips. Obviously it is wrong, you tell...
bool MySelect(int iWhat, int eSelect, int ePool=MODE_TRADES) // MySelect bool initiation, value given below // so I'm thinking to add in a myselect function for Buy and one for Sell.. as i simply dont understand 'return(OrderType() <= OP_SELL);'   {    if(!OrderSelect(iWhat, eSelect, ePool)...
  Error131  (12   1 2)
Hello, I am experiencing the error 131 by using the following code:     if(AccountFreeMarginCheck(Symbol(),OP_BUY,Lots)<=0 || /* NOT_ENOUGH_MONEY */GetLastError()==134)      {       Alert(BalanceErr);       return;      }    else      {       RefreshRates(); double OrderPrice=Ask;...
[Deleted]
  TDI Red Green EA  (10)
Hi Guys, I'm currently working on an EA. I got an TDI Red Green Indicator. Every time there's a cross of both lines, there shall be ONE trade. So if the red line crosses above the green line, there shall be Short trade and every time the red line crosses below the green line there shall be a long...
So im writing a EA that will make use of live trade historical during optimization and i thought of writing the results to a csv when running and read during optimization. Option #1: Read the scv during init and write to array? Option #2: Read from a database(sql, etc..)   Is there an easier way ?...