Download MetaTrader 5

MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1048

To post a new topic, please log in or register
Hello Sir, help me create a simple EA. the EA will place pending orders immediately after the close ofthe first candle of the day at 12:00 depending on brokers time, Alpari.co.ukbegins a new day at 12:00 which is what i use. but it should haveoption where one can put this time, since brokers time...
Hi Everyone, I've been reading,explaining, and commenting about an indicator all this morning and not getting very far in the learning curve. It is only an exercise to understand the MQL4. It is an indicator that closely resembles the ATR, authored by Wells. Build a program that returns the...
Hi, When Im looking at the market I like to just make orders that dont have a SL or a TP and when it looks good I will buy and then later at some other time when it looks bad, I will sell, but its really hard for me to keep track of that because when I buy and then sell I get 2 orders placed at...
Hello, This is not my indicator but I was wondering if it would be possible to make an alert when RSX reached 70 or 30? RSX
Hi, I'm trying to program an EA. I want to scale out a part of the trade. Not closing it but changing the stop loss to a very close level (n pips). So, if the market comes back those n pips, it will close partially the trade. If not it will allow continue running. It should ask the user how many...
Does anybody know if it's possible to change the horizontal scale time zone on MT4? Also, out of interest, who's timezone is it currently set at? Thanks
Please give me feedback if you have tried trading on your phone. I want to get one to monitor my account and close trades on the go. Please give me as much inputs and pros/cons as possible. :) Thanks all and happy trading!
i am here to share a chase Trend EA idea, which haven't code success i hope post 2 code can help u code less in your EA It's idea is if the price go up past 50 dyas average amplitude, then assume it is up trend, will be instantly(actually I pend the Buy_Stop Order) also the same condition of sell...
I haven't been successful coding it myself...I want ONLY 2 buys(for example) to be placed. 1 with TP and the other without. until SELL condition happens. THEN close all open buys and place two sells with same details. Seems like there should be an example out there of EA's that do this?? Running on...
Hi, I am trying to program a channel line. The exact trend line channel you can draw on the metatrader chart. I would like to have that trend line available programatically and signal a sell if the trend channel price falls below the trend line. Any simple ways this is done or hints on how to...
  Optimization flaw (12   1 2)
I'm running an Optimization for an EA I built and even though I have "Skip useless results" UNCHECKED the strategy runner is not running every possible scenario (or it is and is just not showing me). The strategy runner should be running 900 different combinations but it's only doing 100 passes....
I'm really scratching my head trying to fix this. I can't scroll back beyond 1st Apr 09 for the GBPJPY pair only on all time frames. Unclicking the autoscroll and chartshift button doesn't seem to work. I only have this problem with the GBPJPY, the other pairs are fine. I have tried reopening a new...
I'm sure this is probably simple, but how to I adjust my SL and TP from 4th decimal place to 5th? TakeProfitB = (Bid+10*Point); TakeProfitS = (Ask-10*Point);
The ATR doesn't seem to display any text on the JPY pairs. Any ideas why not? double distanceAway = MathAbs(currPANearest-Bid);   double ATR = iATR(NULL,PERIOD_H1,14,0);   Comment("currPANearest="+DoubleToStr(currPANearest,2)+           "\nDistance away="+DoubleToStr(distanceAway*10000,0)+...
Hi, This EA can placed order but it cannot take profit, I do not know why, can someone help? Thank you in advance. //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                                  exp_Amstell.mq4 |//|...
Hi, I wrote a script to check my email and parse the messages it recieves into an easily readable format OrderType;Symbol;SL;TP1;TP2;TP3; etc.... The same script then writes a new .txt file containing this information into \files\Symbol\signal.txt. This file is then read and the order executed by an...
Does anyone have an idea why my orders aren't closing when the log says they are? . . 11:29:36 ZEME EURUSD,M1: Alert: Attempt to open Sell 11:29:40 ZEME EURUSD,M1: open #8671746 sell 1.00 EURUSD at 1.42182 tp: 1.42152 ok 11:29:40 ZEME EURUSD,M1: Alert: Opened - Sell Order 8671746 11:29:40 ZEME...
From what I understand, the maximum data one can backtest in Strategy Tester is dependent upon how much historical data your broker provides you. I've used the standard method of opening up a 1 miute chart, zooming out, turn-off the autoscroll, and hitting the 'home' button until no more data shows...
I am not a good ones scripter. I would want an aid for a script program to insert after the start trades After I have inserted an order at the market of SELL or BUY I want to activate a script program for CASE A - AFTER I HAVE SOLD: a1) when the price arrives to -6 from the ask I insert the stop to...
Is there an EA that can save price data such as Open High Low Close in a csv file or something? I want it to run and write to the log file as the data comes, like after each new bar shows up. Is this possible?
I'm trying to draw a multilined label ObjectCreate("Myobject", OBJ_LABEL, 0, 0, 0); ObjectSetText("Myobject", "This is some text on line one " + CRLF + "This is the text on line two", 10, "Times New Roman", Yellow); How do I implement the CRLF (or EOL)? -Jerry
I'm fairly new to MetaTrader. I'm having difficulaties fixing the scale of the vertical axis. In the Properties box there is 'Scale fix one to one' which gives you one pip per division. How do I get say 10 pips per division? I don't understand the Maximum and Minimum boxes and they seem to reset...
Hi, I need assistance with coding to get my EA to not enter trades during specific times. For example. I want the EA to not trade if the time is between 15:00 and 17:00 and time between 10:00 and 12:00. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
Hello, Can someone confirm this code is ok. I have coded it to loop to send order.    int ticket1;   RefreshRates();   ticket1 = OrderSend(symbol1, OP_BUY, LotSize1, MarketInfo(symbol1,MODE_ASK), Slippage, 0, 0, "Buy-Buy-Hedge",Magic,0,Green);   if (ticket1 <0 )   {   //Loop to send order...
Dear colleagues / mql4 administrators, I want to create my EAs and Custom Indicators by editing the programs of MQL4 Book -> Appendices -> List of Programs. However, with upload, all text symbols are distorted like eg: // SL äë˙ îňęđűâŕĺěîăî îđäĺđŕ . Is there a way of having these programs...
  array data (3)
Hi all maybe someone can help me. i have a simple array just 7 by 4 which when opened has data in it. When I arrayinitialize(levels,0) to 0 it still has data in the elements. I have it as a double array even though I only want to use integers. Ross
I want to modify the fractals indicator so I copied it to the custom indicator directory and applied it to a chart (unchanged) but it works differently...it does not show the arrows but instead shows tiny dots. Does anybody know why? Are there other things indicator do differently dependent on...
Francois Tremblay
Hi, I need your help. How can I do to show an indicator in a separate window and also arrows for each crossover in the chart window. In my code, I have to write #property indicator_separate_window at first for the indicator but when I add the code for the arrows, they show themselves in the separate...
Hi, I was wondering if it's possible to get an indicator value (like RSI, or Stochastics), by placing the mouse over a selected candle (timeframe). The crosshair does this but vertically, I'd like to show the indicator value somewhere in the chart when I place the crosshair or pointer vertically...
Hello Im new here. Is there anyone that can add an alert to this indicator on the change of color it would be greatly appreciated.