MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1046

New article On Methods of Technical Analysis and Market Forecasting is published: The article demonstrates the capabilities and potential of a well-known mathematical method coupled with visual thinking and an "out of the box" market outlook. On the one hand, it serves to attract the attention of a...
[Deleted]
Guys this has me stumped. In fact it is making me crazy. At times, my OrderSend() requests will be repeatedly rejected with error 130 "invalid stops". But my stops are not very close to the open price at all. Here is an example: EURUSD, Sell, openprice (bid) = 1.3150, stoploss=1.3180,...
[Deleted]
MarketInfo(Symbol(), STOP_LEVEL) returns 30 Bid = 1.3231 My simple Sell order: open = 1.3231, stop-loss = 1.3264, take-profit = 1.3141 (my stop-loss is 33 pips above my open price, and my take-profit is 90 pips below it) Still I receive error 130 "invalid stops". And not just once, but repeatedly....
I found on another forum a very important indicator I followed him for several days and is very accurate in the information . I demanded an explanation for use but have not had sufficient explanation for me . This indicator is sharing on the forum . I can post it here on MLQ4 to see if any trader
Hello, I have learned how to make simple EAs, but they either fail or make small or incompatible profits with the risk of making those profits. I've tried different indicator and nonindicator strategies, but it's not the same. Please advise me which way to dig at least approximately. If so, how many
[Deleted]
I am trying to set stop loss according to an iATR value. Here is my commented code where I am having problems. double fourWeekHigh = iHigh(NULL, PERIOD_W1, iHighest(NULL, PERIOD_W1, MODE_HIGH, 4,1));double fourWeekLow = iLow(NULL, PERIOD_W1, iLowest(NULL, PERIOD_W1, MODE_LOW, 4, 1)); double...
  Problem with timing  (11   1 2)
Hi Friends, I am facing a problem, where which I don't have an idea why its happening. Using the code given below I am trying to run the function at specific time gap only. If not, it should return "Out of Time" While compiling this code the V_LINEs are drawn correctly at the current day's xyz time....
[Deleted]
HI I need to use iMA() function but i would like to use my own Price not Applied price enumeration values. It is possible ? example : iMA(NULL,0,EMA_Period,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i); i want change PRICE_CLOSE to for example 14
  5 Standard Lots  (3)
If a broker requires 5 standard lots of trading a month to provide a free VPS service, what does a broker need to know about a client's account to be able to tell him how many trades a month he needs to make?
Hi, have a look at this code example:    for (int i = 0; i < OrdersTotal(); i++)      {      if (OrderSelect(i, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_TRADES) == FALSE) break;//If no order then get outta here!      //-------------------      if(OrderSymbol() == Symbol() && OrderMagicNumber() == Magic)...
[Deleted]
hello i´m new here, and i´m looking for mql4 coder. prefered german speaking but not only. my english isn´t very well but i think it will work ;-) i have 2 ideas: a) i need a modification of supertrend identicator b) second i need an indicator who shows me the open risk of my trades? i someone...
[Deleted]
I am trying to get the highest high/ lowest low of last 4 weekly bars. The code works when I have it on the weekly timeframe, but when I switch timeframes it changes the value to the highest/lowest of whatever bars are there. So for example I am backtesting an EA on 5min data, and it is using the...
  EA and brokers  (5)
The purpose of an expert advisor, commercial or not, is to make money. But the brokers don't allow us to make money. So what's the right way to make money when trading with a real good expert advisor?
[Deleted]
Hello guys, I am working on an EA to trade horizontalchannels’ break-outs. It’s not fully automated EA as I have to find a channel andthen feed its high and low manually into the EA. Basically, I want it tosubstitute placing 2 individual manual orders, a buy stop on the top and a sell stop onthe...
Hi Forum, To not highjack other ppl's recent thread and more specifically: I found this Support/Resistance indicator in the Forum (props to the Author!) and I am planning to give it a try. One thing is bugging me though: the launch of the MT4 platform slows down significantly (to "Not responding"...
  problem solved.  (1)
problem solved. thanks a lot.
[Deleted]
Hi, I am unable to test the same EA on different pairs with the strategy tester. The same EA is running on EURUSD or EURGBP but not on AUDCAD and many other pairs (most of them). I downloaded the history for the appropriate pair prior to running the test. I checked the date-range of the history data...
[Deleted]
Hi I would like to convert my Tema function to function like TEMA(CLOSE,PERIOD) I have problem with variable Tema[i], How can i return this variable from funtion ? My code : int n=4, Av=6;double var1;int i,limit;//---- buffersdouble Ema[];double EmaOfEma[];double EmaOfEmaOfEma[];double Tema[];int...
Hi fellows, In this thread I would like to analyze if this new type of moving average may/may not to bring any good... I'm showing here my first experiment with it; I did used like base, the Cuttler's RSI and I did replaced the SMA with the NMA. The result was a kind of "extremely nervous"...
[Deleted]
hi! i would like to set an expiration date into my indicator and stop him when date is out thank you in advance!
hello i need to import/export some data to/from my script via tcp/ip. i've read this tcp post: https://www.mql5.com/en/code/9772 but with unsuccessful implementation. thanks regards
[Deleted]
I think most people would like to have visual signs in the chart when opening and closing a position. I know, you can programm it with an EA. But it should be possible more easily: If the programmers of MetaTrader are too busy they should add a Menue Point for own scripts. So everyone can add...
[Deleted]
Hi all, noob here:) been playing with ea's and indicators and started on custom indicators. for troubleshooting purposes i have the ea print the parameters it receives from the custom indicator at the start of each bar. now i am trying to find out why the values the custom indicator passes are...
hello there is a way to grab an indicator alerst to use it within a script? thanks in advance regards
Is there something not set right in my MT4? I see that most of the 'Close Order...' entries are missing from my log files. I can still get this info from the Detailed Summary of rhe Account History, but I am wondering why most of the time it is Not in the log files. - and how do I ensure that it IS...
[Deleted]
Has anyone programed a counter into to tell how much time is left before a time frame resets to a new candle or bar?
  Stochastic EA  (7)
Hello Does anyone seen simple Stochastic EA? Where short position will be opened when stochastic shows (overbought [above 70]) and long when oversold [above 30] ? I would be grateful if someone could give mme the link. Regards, Dmitry
Hello! I would need script for MT4 like this. Can someone code it for me, and for what price? For instance: - I open Buy position of 0,1 lots on 1,3000 and EA(script) automatically puts Take profit to 1,3010 and SL to1,2970 - It also opens Buy limit position of 0,1 lots on 1,2990 with TP on 1...
We have just released beta version of mt4Analyzer.com mt4Analyzer helps you evaluate your MetaTrader4 EA properly and easily by using statistics. In statistics, a Confidence Interval (CI) is a particular kind of interval estimate of a population parameter and is used to indicate the reliability of...
Does anyone have some sample code for how to call a DLL written in Delphi from MetaTrader? I can't get Var parameters to work. I wrote the following test function in Delphi and compiled it as a DLL (using Delphi 5): function AddIntegers( a: integer; b: integer): integer; stdcall; begin   result := a...