MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1053

Hi I have an EA which I am able to backtest and it does trading on backtest However, when I turn on "Optimization" using the same settings on "value", "start" and "stop" with one variable (the lot size) to be step, the ea does not trade at all on any optimization passes. Does anyone know what is...
[Deleted]
Hi everyone I have a question from a broker side ... I apologize in advance if this is a very basic question or has already be answered in the past: I work for a broker and we have recently decided to allow our clients to use Expert Advisors to trade. The question is: Do we (as a broker) have any...
  my system  (42   1 2 3 4 5)
hi. i am a famous EA developper in Japan. this is my system :)
[Deleted]
In my EA I have an Array called 'TickData' which saves each incoming tick information. I also built custom functions that work and perform calculations using information from that array. In each function I use the internal function 'ArrayRange(TickData,0)' to get the amount of elements in my array...
if i write this in a expert advisor: Comment(DoubleToStr(10/100,5)); he show me on chart as result: 0.00000 but 10/100 must be 0.1
Hi all, I've just started writing my own logic to handle error #146 'Trade Context is busy' based on some of the logics found here. However, I came across an error when the command GlobalVariableSetOnCondition was performed to change the value of the semaphore. My message print out logged...
Hello forum, It saw some issues in the past with Sleep(), but before I move on to alternatives (eg https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/1558 ) I am also not sure I got it right. Two issues: 1) In this EA I want to delay the buy/sell signal by 5 seconds, so under the MyEntrySignal() function I wrote...
How do I refer to a previous operation, if you want the note based on whether the result of the operation was positvo or negative? Example: if you want to say a condition like this: if (previous trade was loser) if (previous trade was winner) if (previous trade was neutral) Thanks a Lot Trader201
I'm interested in parallelizing parts of my EA in the GPU using the new C++ AMP programming model <amp.h> Is there an <amp.mqh> library somewhere, or do i have to do this via external DLL?
  help me *-*  (5)
hi all I want the code to extract values ​​from indecator Tmaslope icustom(??)? thanks
[Deleted]
Hi, Does max bars' numbers affect EAs when trading please? I want to change Max bars in charts & history as less as possible when trading, but do you think if I lessen the bars in charts & history, it will affects EA's performance? (not inc Tester, only concern for live trading) Really appreciate...
Hello, Is it possible to include an indicator source code into another to avoid the distribution of two files? For instance.. #include <another_indicator.mq4> Thank you
Hi, I am trying to make a Bollinger Bands indicator that uses TEMA. I've got the TEMA source code from a webpage, but (1) I cannot really use this indicator with iCustom and (2) also there seem to be some problems with this indicator. (1) I use the following parameters with iCustom: Symbol: NULL...
Hi all, I'm looking for a simple code,, (EA ?) that plays sound if order hit TP ?! thanks in advance
[Deleted]
Hi all, I want to stop the execution of EA if there are 3 loss trades in a row. Can anyone help me regarding this. Thnx.. Cosan
MetaTrader 4 Terminal build 409 Added translation of the interface into Mongolian.Fixed translation of the interface into Bulgarian.Fixed the margin calculation when "Calculate hedge margin using larger leg" option is turned on.Optimized getting considerable amount of internal e-mails (dozens of...
Hi I am new to MQ4 and haven't really figured out how to do troubleshooting so would appreciate it if somebody with experience, pls take a look and point me in the correct direction. I've been trying to run the code below on IBFX but when I set ip up for manual confirmation, it works at the correct...
Is there a difference between the strategy tester in a ecn metatrader4 account and a ' normal' account? And, when strategy tester is not working well is that because of bad history data or a bad ' strategy program' ? Can the strategy tester be downloaded again? Lots of questions, but i would like to...
Hello forum, I am looking into creating this static variable containing the type of last order just closed (returning OP_BUY, OP_SELL, etc), I am calling it, say, LastOrderTYPE - for further use as a condition for next opening. market is closed for "trial and error", so I am kindly asking: what...
[Deleted]
I need to authenticate a MetaTrader 4 user against an external user database using session token or similar means. For this I am currently looking into making data persistent between multiple calls and instances of a MQL4 plugin. Now my questions are: Are static variables the best solution for...
  Bar Patterns  (8)
Has anyone played with bar relationship patterns with the H4 time frame? Has anyone written any code to find the optimum patterns? I would like to compare my results with people that have dabbled.
  Hi can you code me an EA?  (13   1 2)
Hi there i have a simple strategy but i want to back test it all you need is eur/usd chart m15 tiemframe Fractals as indicator So i want the EA to put a pending order (sell stop/buy stop) above and below the last 2 fractals one on the top one on the bottom of the chart, make SL TP 10-10 and make a...
I am looking for a Chart Line Trading EA that will enter trades as buy/ sell order/limits with Stop Loss and Take Profit up to 3 levels? Is there such a product?
[Deleted]
Hi, I googled and searched this forum, but was not able to solve my problem. I know, that error 130 occours if stop losses or take profits are set false. But I am pretty sure, that that's not my problem ;). Maybe someone had the same problem... I have a demo account at TradingPoint. They state, that...
Hello, I am starting newly in mql4. Trying to pick black and white hammers in candlesticks with the following indicator. However, in the chart sometimes candlesticks get wrong identification text (white hammer candle is identified as black hammer candle and vice versa). Please help me with this...
Hi friends, can you help me to modifiy this code with ilowest or ihighest instead of Mathmin or Mathmax. #property indicator_chart_window#property indicator_buffers 2#property indicator_color1 Red#property indicator_color2 Blueextern int MA_Shift=0;extern int MA_Shift1=0;double L2[];double...
Some people here gives their ea. How to put them on MT4? thanks.
[Deleted]
Hi all, I have been read a lot comparing problem on double value with double value, I still having problem on comparing the 2 double value. I tested NormalizeDouble and it don't work on my case. I tested the print out of number1-number2 and the answer is 0 but the compare just don't work...
Hello, Today is 03/05/2012 and downloading the history from the MetaQuotes server (using the Tools/History/Download menu) gives me the very last file for USDCHF as: USDCHF_2012_01_3a3be44c55e2e9a1bfe5f7187980a8d1.dat I did the same in the beginning of Febr. this year. That time I could download the...
How can I specify a trailing stop (TS) for a trade in vHands manual testing visualization? I can add & modify a stop-loss as per explanation given in the article but not a TS. Furthermore I do not find a field for TS in the vTerminal indicator window. Could somebody please explain. Thanks.