Either I was blind or it was like that before - moving averages - page 5

ZZZEROXXX:
The question is not the quantity of crossovers, but rather the quality. The crossovers should be profitable. EURUSD 1H

No way, on H1 to count crossings for 2 years...

I made this indicator in half an hour, only for MT5. I know it is not the right forum, but I already forgot MQL4, and I am too lazy to remember it.

All lines are drawn at relative prices price price_otn[i]=close[i]/close[to]-1. close[to] - price at reference point. The reference point is the bar with the vertical line in the main window. If there are several vertical lines, the leftmost one is considered the reference point. If there are no lines, the penultimate bar is the reference point. The reference point only affects the position of the green line relative to zero.

Adding of all three lines gives a copy of the price chart passing through 0 in the reference point.

Green line - low pass filter LP[i]=SMA50(price_otn)[i]

Blue - bandpass filter BP[i]=SMA7(price_otn)[i]-SMA50(price_otn)[i]

Red - high pass filter HP[i]=price_otn[i]-SMA7(price_otn)[i]

If the green one is pointing upwards, you can only trade upwards. A trade opens when the blue one is reversing upwards, you can try to open earlier and more accurately on the red one. You may pips on red, if blue does not go down strongly. If the green is pointing downwards, it's the other way round. A sharp increase in the amplitude of the red is a sign of an external pips and usually happens on the news. Show me on which pair and on which timeframe this does not work.

Crossing the SMA50 and SMA7 means crossing the blue line with zero. What does this fact in itself tell you? Nothing to me. Someone 100 years ago decided to try trading this way and it happened... or maybe not. But 10 authors wrote about it in books, because when the trading didn't work out, you could write something. Then each book was republished 10 times. This is how nonsense becomes an axiom, which no one bothers to check. Then they say that the market has changed and the methodology no longer works. In fact it has never worked.

Files:

AlexeyFX:

I made this indicator in half an hour, only for MT5. I know it's not the right forum, but I've already forgotten MQL4, and I'm too lazy to remember it.

I thank you for being too lazy to do it all and for writing my explanations. I am not going to try anything at this point, I will try to test it on historical data during the week. I will report the results here. I only wonder what principle is used to select the starting point.

Zhunko:

2. Yes.

But the market chart is far from a wave in terms of characteristics, there is no constant amplitude or constant frequency?

Caterpillar SSA, caterpillar method - is that all about that too?

ZZZEROXXX:

But the market chart is far from a wave in terms of characteristics, there is no constant amplitude or constant frequency?

Caterpillar SSA, the caterpillar method - is this all about that too?

But there is inertia.

Here is the result of the processing of the spectral picture:

The bottom graph is the strength of the trend.

Inertia. ... Force. ... The magic of physics... Three-dimensional.

Trend. ... Processing result. ... The magic of perceptions ... Own.

AlexeyFX:

I made this indicator in half an hour, only for MT5. I know it's the wrong forum, but I've already forgotten MQL4 and am too lazy to remember.

All lines are based on relative...........

Thanks. I'll feel around.

tara:

Inertia. ... Force. ... The magic of physics... Three-dimensional.

Trend. ... Processing result. ... The magic of perceptions ... Own.

For some magic, for others science... Just because you don't understand a subject doesn't mean you don't have one.

233 - 55 - 1597 all Fibonacci numbers - nothing difficult essentially

Stuck right where I thought it would be )

What a biscuit - 500 pips)

AlexeyFX:

I made this indicator in half an hour, only for MT5. I know it's not the right forum, but I've already forgotten MQL4, and I'm too lazy to remember it.

Ok, you have convinced me. It was just as lazy for a year, but on a piece of the trend chart from February 14 I made sure that this result was better.

But you wouldn't deny that the result depends on periods of incoming pushes and on a start point, would you?

Reason: