General - page 786

I want to code an EA that runs continuously but takes a position not more than once per day, and am interested in how others have logically approached this. My current logic is: if P == 0 (and other conditions are met) then take a Position and set P = 1 if current time < previous time then set P = 0...
  strategy tester  (3)
Hello When I run Binary Options EA in the strategy tester EA does not run And messages inside the photo are displayed
Hi I am going to attach a code for drawing fractals indicator . The indicator is working great with many option, the only problem that I have to refresh the chart in MT4 in order to see the new fractals. Can anyone tell me what is wrong with the code to make it work right without refreshing the
Hi, Im running multiple strategies on one account. Does anyone know how to find the Max Drawdown in %? I cant use the balance or the equity because there are 15-20 multiple Strategies on the same account. I have MySQL DB with all the history, including the symbol and the magic number of the EA, so...
It seems that WebRequest ignores proxy configuration, event if configured both on MT5 and operating system. So, how to make http requests if the EA is running on a network with corporate proxy?
How to close open position in MQL5? Can You please provide me demo code?
I wonder what is the timezone used for signal subscription start time and end time
Can we have a connection between Metatrader and Twitter ? Tweet when we open and close trade on MT4. It similar to myfxbook
Italy has become the twelfth country featured in the global economic events calendar. Information for the calendar is collected from public sources in real time. All events and news can be sorted by date, currency and importance. By regularly checking the app, traders remain informed on the releases...
Hi, I have an account and begin to trade since 15-Nov this year. The account history always is stored in myfxbook. But today, I see that the account history data loss 15 days in Mt4. the data begins in the early month of Dec. Can I recover the lost data? I need it to analysis necessarily. Thank !
Sorry to post question on this forum , but i run-out of options. I post order on freelance tab, I  had the response, and originally was simple 3 day order, now is almost 4 weeks. My money is frozen, and the developer is not responding to my messages. I can see this developer is taking another orders...
Hi guys I am using this indicator (https://www.mql5.com/code/14393) with conjuntion with anothers indicators the problem is that it overlap the background and others indicator colors how to fix it?   if(ShowPattern)     {      ObjectDelete(Tools[5]);      ObjectCreate(Tools[5],OBJ_TRIANGLE,0...
[Deleted]
I work in Brazil, with the BRL currency. Since the currency field was added to test, this field is changing every time to USD. Its very annoying. This field only works when I set BRL in debug specified settings. There is some way to do it not change automatically anymore or change the default...
Good day! I copy the signal, I see that there are losing trades going on, if I close one deal, nothing happens?
Any idea what coud be this error? Order to close this position already exists
Under pressure of prophesies made about the MQL4 future, I started with migration of my projects a couple of days ago, having no experience with MQL5. I am going to share some bits I experienced quite in the start: Neither the MQL5 is bug-free. A bug in a simple string concatenation emerged. I...
Hi all I am curious on how % gain works on signals. Whenever I have posted my own signal it seems to work perfectly, but I have seen other signals where it doesn't make sense. e.g. the one below (name of signal removed)  250 deposit, 1674 profit.. Great result but definitely not over 4000% by any...
how to delete that, how to debug? Notifications: not enough space for notification 'Test message from '
I subscribed a signal called .... the guy has ruined my account. I went to tools to disable, but signal is not highlighted.  Each time i close the trade on Terminal it keep coming up. I am washing my account blowing up. who can help. MT4 does not have a live chat to help close the mad signal...
Hi  How Can I recieve data from a user during running an EA ? I know how to use "input" Command , but I want a dialog box opens during running an EA and recieve data from  user . If you use input Command you should do it manually ( by choosing properties ) but I want something like a dialog box...
  Typing question  (91   1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10)
Dear programmers, I've been puzzling over a question for a long time. Is it possible to somehow contrive and make implicit typing of function's return value? So that a method of a class will return a value of a different type, if calling the methods are externally identical. void OnStart () {
  Chart Events Lag  (4)
I'm experiencing huge lags when using chart events (e.g. CHARTEVENT_OBJECT_CLICK, CHARTEVENT_KEYDOWN). After a chart object (button) or key has been pressed the response time is around 1-2 seconds. Is it just me?
I wonder if there is any logical, mathematical or other method of distinguishing random events from regular events, provided that the pattern (if any) is insignificant and differs from the average result of independent random events by only 1-3%. That is, the net variance of random events as well as
The EUR/USD tab is not there to trade is is greyed out. i am able to trade everything else. why us this
In Strategy Tester the Caption is very poor. At least the Symbol and Timeframe should be added. This would be helpful for screenshots. In happy anticipation of an improvement. Otto Pauser
please i would like someone to help me add alerts
I wanted to have a shifted WPR. I have attempted the following code:   //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                                          WPR.mq5 |//|                   Copyright 2009-2017, MetaQuotes Software Corp....
  percentage  (6)
hi!  I do not get the same percentage as the signal owner if he get 5% i get only 0,8%, any ideas ? pleas.
  Heikin Ashi RSI  (4)
Hi, I loaded the Heiken Ashi candles from the built in indicator list, but the RSI still takes into account the standard candles.  Any idea how to load an RSI that would be calculated based on Heiken ashi candles? Thank you
dear all pls help me  i need  handles for my ea who store the value of candle 0 ( zero) as follow: beta = iHigh(NULL,PERIOD_CURRENT,0); alfa = iLow (NULL,PERIOD_CURRENT,0); I saw that compilator in back test always associated candles Open value to alfa & beta; thks for yr reply  ac