Moving average best value

I am wondering,what is the best period value, for moving average,  for 30 minutes time?

with thanks

ehabtatra:

I am wondering,what is the best value for period  in moving average,  for 30 minutes time?

with thanks

It depends on the kind of trading you are doing.

Lower values are better for scalping, while larger are good for swing or longer term trading or even confirm trends.

Eleni Anna Branou:

It depends on the kind of trading you are doing.

Lower values are better for scalping, while larger are good for swing or longer term trading or even confirm trends.

I have two moving average indicator, I am using  a period value 14 ,and the other moving average period value is 28,usually i use 30 minute time,but i am wondering to use 14 value with 28 value ,or 10 value with 28 value,does it make a big difference   if i use 10 instead of 14 value

with thanks

ehabtatra:

I have two moving average indicator, I am using  a period value 14 ,and the other moving average period value is 28,usually i use 30 minute time,but i am wondering to use 14 value with 28 value ,or 10 value with 28 value,does it make a big difference   if i use 10 instead of 14 value

with thanks

14 or even 10 is great for fast trend following strategies, that can be confirmed by larger MAs, like 30, 50 or even 100.

Reason: