I'm still pretty new to trading on MT4 and I'm looking for some help. Forgive me in advance if these have been repeatedly asked:
1) How does one deploy a script that automate trading? That is, is there any way that we can ensure that that the script is running in the background on the server (the DataCenter?) until I log back in and issue a command for it to stop running? (For 24x7 trading)
2) If we can't do the above, then how can we get 24x7 algo trading without the local computer having to be on?
3) Lastly, is there a way of managing multiple MT4 accounts from different brokers and having a specific algorithm run on them 24x7 (again, on a remote server, the local computers could be off), if the users just provide me with their login username and password info?
you can read this article
1. I think you were talking about EA, not a script (because EA should have 24/7 running way; script is one-time executed).
You can use VPS.
2. We can using VPS and can het 24/7 algo.
3. You can switch between accounts on same metatrader's instance, but for trading - you are using one Metatrader per broker's account.
-----------I collected some information which you should read before practicing with this situation (key posts from the thread so you can read whole the thread; and some links to the article - read the article):
Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies
MQL5.com VPS hosting
Slava, 2016.06.28 16:36
You can run multiple EAs on one virtual hosting server right now. Without additional pay.
Why do You want pay more money? There are no plans to multiply payments for virtual hosting
How to Start with Metatrader 5
Sergey Golubev, 2014.11.07 14:46
Why Virtual Hosting On The MetaTrader 4 And MetaTrader 5 Is Better Than Usual VPS
Renting a virtual server right from the MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5
terminals is the optimal way to ensure uninterrupted work of your
trading robots and Signal
subscriptions. Essentially, it is an analogue of a VPS though it is
better and more suitable for addressing needs and challenges that a
trader comes across. The server can be rented straight from your
MetaTrader. It takes only a couple mouse clicks for Experts Advisors,
indicators, scripts together with Signal subscriptions and settings to
be transferred to the virtual server. The Virtual Hosting Cloud network
was developed specially for MetaTrader and has all the advantages of a native solution.
This is more about it:
Some important information -
64-bit Metatrader only to use Virtual Hosting:
Slava, 2016.06.28 16:25
It must be 64-bit client terminal to use virtual hosting
2016.06.28 17:25:02.177 Terminal MetaTrader 5 x64 build 1347 started (MetaQuotes Software Corp.)
How to subscribe to VPS (practical step-by-step instruction):
missing signal trades
Eleni Anna Branou, 2017.04.10 09:50
Hello Nashy, below are the steps for implementing MQL5 integrated VPS:
1. Go to your account details in the Navigator window of your MT4 platform, right click in your account number or name and select the option Register a Virtual Server.
2. In the Virtual Hosting Wizard window that opens, the VPS with the lower Ping, ms value is presented automatically.
3. Select your payment plan for 1, 3, 6 or 12 months and click Next.
4. Tick the: I agree to the virtual hosting service rules and the auto renewal option below (if you want) and click Next.
5. Complete your payment for the VPS Service.
6. In the next window, tick the Migrate signal: account and settings option, click End and you are done.
And this is the instruction to subscribe to the signal using VPS (yes, it is same - your local computer will be off because of VPS using). It is for MT4 for MT5 is same with this instruction:
How to Subscribe to a MT4 Signal (new instructions, after 1065 version upgrade)
Eleni Anna Branou, 2017.04.10 10:02
Below are step by step instructions, of how to subscribe to a MΤ4 signal:
1. Register a MQL5 account: https://www.mql5.com/en/auth_register
2. Open your MT4 platform and go to Menu >> Tools >> Optios and click on the Community tab. There you put your Login and Password of your MQL5 account and click OK.
3. Go to the search area of your MT4 platform, on the upper right corner (where the magnifying glass is), type in the name of the signal you want to subscribe and click Enter.
4. You will see lower, in the Terminal Window of your MT4 platform, the results of your search. Click on the name of the signal you want to subscribe.
5. Click on the green Subscribe for $$ USD button on the right side of your MT4's Terminal Window.
6. Select the payment method and complete payment for your subscription.
7. In the Options >> Signals window that opens, tick the following options:
8. In the Use no more than: ...... of your deposit (95% maximum) field below, put the percentage of your capital, you want to participate in signal's copying.
9. In the Stop if equity is less than: ...... field, put the amount of your capital, you want to preserve, or leave it empty.
10. In the Deviation/Slippage field, select an option and click OK in the Options window to close it.
11. Now you have completed the subscription process and the only thing you need is a VPS (Virtual Hosting) in order to copy the signal 24/7 without having your MT4 platform open all day long.
12. Go to your account details in the Navigator window of your MT4 platform, right click in your account number or name and select the option Register a Virtual Server.
13. In the Virtual Hosting Wizard window that opens, the VPS with the lower Ping, ms value is presented automatically.
14. Select your payment plan for 1, 3, 6 or 12 months and click Next.
15. Tick the: I agree to the virtual hosting service rules and the auto renewal option below (if you want) and click Next.
16. Complete your payment for the VPS Service.
17. In the next window, tick the Migrate signal: account and settings option, click End and you are done.
Thanks Sergey!! I'll definitely read through the provided material. Thanks again!