General - page 1862

Hi Programmers, Can any of you make me a triangle indicator. It should draw and show triangles in price, with adjustable look back barrs. The lines should not be infinite but only show the triagle. also not change when triangles break out. keeps drawing new triangles, show past triangles, and also...
  Major trend!  (1)
Hi traders! I am looking for the best Ema cross to watch the major trend. I am using the ema 50 with ema 120. I would like to know if you guys think this is a good one, or there is another that gives better view or signals earlier. Thanks in advance!
  No connection  (2)
I have had no connection for approx the last 30 mins. All other broker feeds are fine. My ISP is up and running. I am using Metatrader 4 Build 191, logging into the Metaquotes-Demo server. Does anybody else have this problem?
Hi all, I have been watching alot of great development over the past couple months on these forums with EA's. I am wondering if i could get some help on developing a really simple EA actually... Guide Lines as follows: Based off RSI only TF: Any *Prefer M30, H1 TP: 10-20 SL: 40 RSI Period 6, 14 on...
Custom period, from date, and to date never work correctly. Either other dates will show, or only part of the date. Is there a fix for this? Makes it real hard to check against my broker's sheets. Help me please. Thank you
Who has the following tools in MT4 ? 1. Fibonacci projection 2. MACD divergence thanks Carlo
  MTF Indicator..  (6)
Someone wrote a cool little indicator that plotted 8 red or blue arrows in a row on a chart that showed how the different timeframes were trending - I have spent the last hour searching for it without luck! Can anyone tell me where I might find it?
  Shi Channel  (5)
Can anyone tell me how to use the SHI CHANNEL indicator? What do the red dots mean?
Hey, I'd like to make an indicator that involves the ask price on another chart, is there any way to do that? I know I can use MarketInfo("EURUSD",MODE_ASK) in an EA, but is there any way to do the same thing in an Indicator? I'm trying to compare the price of another pair, wth the price on the...
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone has used and EA to do live trading? What do you have to do to use an EA when doing live trades, and what brokers can you use? I've have a live account with Gain Capitol (forex.com) and I like their platform, but I don't know how to use a MT4 EA to make my trades....
here is exactly what i mean. Is there any way to mimic what the shi channel indicator shows by using common indicators ( ex. MA's, RSI, macd, scholastic, etc.., etc..) to show wether we are in a downtrend or uptrend and and how high. More specifically the shi_channel from the fxovereasy system. I...
Hello I am VERY happy with this MOST EXCELLENT piece of software, that can do wonders in the trading markets. I have a couple of possible suggestions: 1. The investor password, which is meant to be a "read only" version for ppl to "view" the account. Great. Now, if the owner/ trader of the...
HI! I put together a bunch of indicators, trying to figure out some system of it. ForexOFFTrend is one of them. I have a question about this indicator. Does it paint the past??? --->explained..Does it redraw itself on the recent bars? Any replies appreciated. Thanks in advance to ALL! Happy Trading...
I have one custom indicator using a dll. That works fine I also have one EA using a related dll. That works fine too. But when both the indicator and the EA are runing at the same time I get: cannot load library 'test1.dll' (error 126) Error 126 is not documented in the stderror.mqh file. What...
  custom indicator  (14   1 2)
I am using a moving average plus 4 pips as part of a signal. But I would like to see it plotted on a chart. How do I create this as a custom formula TC = iMA(NULL,0,3,1,MODE_SMA,PRICE_HIGH,0)+4*Point; PS Is there any one that is interested in providing programing for a system
Hi, I would like to know how can I install in MT 4 Mobile indicators I've created with MT4 windows version? Thanks in advance. Mat
Is there anyway to lock an indicator so there are no variable to view or change basically and just use the binary so no source to view? or have a template that loads locked indicators..you couldn't change the settings of the indicators or view the settings but you could add indicators to the screen....
  ِِِِِAli EA  (14   1 2)
Salam,This is an EA I want to share! Its name "Ali" is the name of one of my friends who suggest the idea! The idea behind it is: The EURUSD go the opposite way of the USDCHF, Well! We place 2 Buy or Sell orders, one for the EURUSD and one for USDCHF and when the price of one of them go up to 5 pips...
Hi ppl, It is possible put 2 ea's in the same chart? Like use 2 charts of eur/usd and put one ea in the first chart and another diferent ea in the second eur/usd chart. This is possible? Fast_cris
  Which Broker?  (2)
Who is the best FX broker?
Two demo dead in days. Any thing wrong? Last thing I can remember is to work on them offline. Is there any setting about once offline and always offline? Or I have do download another demo. I still don't have a real accout. Sent out scaned files in days, there is no any reply. Why is so hard for me?...
I installed and uninstalled MT4 software several times. I can't open the Mt4 software after install, the software didn't any active, I checked my WIN98 process that I didn't find MT4 in process after opening the software. Why
example i want to put CCI and RSI together under indicator window 1? how can i go about doing it? thanks
Hi Maybe a dumb question, but how do i do standard form numbers like: double myNum = 1.5e-4; ?
I have come across a good looking system. It looks at multiple time frames and shows you the trends. Does anyone have a similar system that is open source? http://www.gl-software.no/gls-startrend.html
Hi I would like to hear your opinions regarding the use of stop loss on manual trading systems. Do you prefer to set a numeric value for the stop loss? Do you prefer using only the exit signal given by your trading system? What do you think about protecting yourself from losses by setting a SL at...
Hi folks, Anybody interested in sending Keyboard keys to MetaTrader have to read my new article: http://www.metatrader.info/node/101 Hope to see your comments
Greetings fellow Forex-TSDers!!! I would like to share a simple trading plan with my friends here at Forex-TSD, and request some of the great programming minds develop an EA based on the system. It is a longer term trading strategy, most of the great profits occur over a 3-8 day period. Profit...
i just wondering "can i extern a variable that can be chosen more than 1 option ?" ie. i'd like to setup a range of lot size to be 0.1, 0.5, and 1 only and let them be selectable only these 3 option if "yes"..how can i code it ? anyone know pls help me...thank you