High-High/Low-Low indicator

this is just an idea, but what about an indicator that draw a line from one high point to the next. example, count 0-20bars back and mark the high point, then count 20-40bars back and draw a line from the first highest point to the second. do this back for however many bars, then do the same with the low. this should give a good indication of if a market is range bound or trending.

see attached pic (this was done by hand, based on high of each day and low of each day) today is still developing so we take the high/low of yesterday as the first point to draw from, however the last two lines are rays and so extend forward showing a down trend. the bottom left has a fairly flat high line and a wavy low because it it rangebound, as the two lines increase a sloping up angle the trend is stronger.

Files:
chart_1.gif  29 kb

What you are describing is the connecting of swing highs for an upper trend line and swing lows for a lower trend line.

Tom DeMark trendline indicator does this for you automatically.

Files:

High and low

Could this be what you are looking for?

Regards

mrtools

looking to design a custom indicators...tell me the price!

Hello everyone,

My indicator is like a RSI oscillator but can plot the moving average and momentum of any currency pair. If the moving average is more then 0 then moving average is trending up. If the moveing average is less then 0 then the moving average is trending down. If momentum is more then 0 then momentum is trending up. If momentum is less then 0 then momentum is trending down. T

This indicator plots the moving average and momentum. I should be able to input any currency pair into the indicator. I also should be able to change the moving average period and momemtum period.

Thanks,

Jorge

RSI Momentum

Hello everyone,

My indicator is like a RSI oscillator but can plot the moving average and momentum of any currency pair. If the moving average is more then 0 then moving average is trending up. If the moveing average is less then 0 then the moving average is trending down. If momentum is more then 0 then momentum is trending up. If momentum is less then 0 then momentum is trending down. T

This indicator plots the moving average and momentum. I should be able to input any currency pair into the indicator. I also should be able to change the moving average period and momemtum period.

Thanks,

Jorge

Hi Jorge

This sounds like this indicator.

What ever channel you draw by hand it been coded..... I cant recall where it is , Use to have it .... let see .....or try new digital .

Reason: