My FINAL Request for help With my EA!! - page 4

cubesteak:
People please, forgive those who know not, for they are only trying to KNOW.

waaustin, I know it can be frustrating to see all these other threads gettin' some love but your question not being answered, and then people jump down your throat when you try to squeek a little louder when you remember the old "who gets the oil?" proverb...

Keep working at it - even if this strategy doesn't work, you'll learn something and take that next step and get a little better. AND, forgive those who KNOW, for they forget that at one point they knew not. I have yet to meet the man who dropped out of his Mama knowing when to buy or sell...

If you really want to learn to program MT4, try something more simple than an EA. Program an indicator that simply plots the highs or lows, etc. Once you get the simple stuff working, you can take the bigger steps towards doing something like an ea. I know, its probably not the answer you want to hear, but... Its an answer.

The point was made before about debugging someone else's stuff being tough - well, I'll echo that and also add that for most programmers, it ranks up there with stapling ones own nuts to a brick and dropping the entire "package" from a large height.

Its easy to get weary with this stuff - just keep plugging along.

Anyway, this has been an attempted public service message from the human decency department. We now return you to your regularly scheduled flame fest.

Good trading to all,

CS

Steak... that was a very nice post, and humorous too. Thank for

et_phonehome_2:
Strictly trading off of the MAs does not always pan out since one will get whipsawed to death. Just I know that when you go back in the charts looking for those crosses, it looks beautiful, but that is after the fact. If you are doing good trading off the MAs, then its a plus for you, and don't mind what anyone else may think, but be careful.

I believe that's the purpose of using the 62EMA. In fact Rob Bookers actual trading rules for this system indicates to verify that each of the EMA's have first properly crossed and to actually wait for a retracement back to the 62EMA (in other words a bounce off of the 62EMA) and to then enter the trade.

My thinking for my EA was that this retracement and bounceoff would probably be alot more complicated to code in an EA, so I opted to try and add logic to allow for some kind of variable Pip seperation from the 62EMA before having the EA enter a trade.

Reason: