Noob wondering about an ea I saw on ebay

I'm not an accountant, hold no degree in international economics and am a relatively slow learner. I'm terribly interested in forex and saw a person selling an expert advisor on ebay that looks descent, but I can't afford to make any mistakes. Personally I feel I'm in over my head with the whole concept and have no real time to sit and learn as I work over seventy hours a week keeping my head above water. I'd like some honest opinions about how this looks, especially considering I'd be opening a mini account somewhere and hopefully just let this thing run, if that's even possible.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170056333471&fromMakeTrack=true

any advice would be appreciated

blue

Those EAs are based on 30 min charts and yet has about 45 trades for over a period of 11 months. I think that translates to about one trade a week. That in my mind is too infrequent based on a 30 min time frame. Also, you really cannot make any statistical determination based on a sample size of 47 trades. Unless you have money to burn, you should pass on that $1167 price tag EA. Also, what blows my mind is a guy from Belarus asking for those kind of prices. That is a LOT of money in that part of the world.

If you want to trade an EA, why not do a search of Hans123 system? It is free and try it on a demo account. It will beat those stinkies.

Good luck.

Thanks Maji,

I see that I will be roaming the forum on the few hours that I don't work trying to learn everything I can. I will look for this hans123 system. I hope this forum is patient with me as I try to catch up on what seems like a sea of information.

I'd appreciate any other sources of metatrader or basic forex education. Also any EA's that I can look at, test just to see how all this works.

thanks again,

blue

Try Bluto's Goblin on your demo account. There are other EAs too, so keep on looking. You never know what you will come across.

Also, be patient and try out EAs on demo accounts before you shell out your hard earned money to buy EAs or trade.

Maji:
Try Bluto's Goblin on your demo account. There are other EAs too, so keep on looking. You never know what you will come across. Also, be patient and try out EAs on demo accounts before you shell out your hard earned money to buy EAs or trade.

bluto's goblin? where can i get that from? thanks

Fxbabe, Enter this into the forex-tsd search engine and you'll find the thread. cheers

"Here's the new "Goblin" ea...little brother to Predator"

FXBabe:
bluto's goblin? where can i get that from? thanks

Well I certainly feel I'm heading in the right direction, now for a technical question...When I download these ea's and open them, how do I get them to show up on the expert advisor folder in the navigation window? I have them showing in metaeditor, but not on the mt4 window. I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong.

As always, any help would be greatly appreciated.

blue

update: think I fixed it, drug the file into the experts folder in fibo group, shows up now and is compiling.

Next question, feelings concerning fibo group? Pro's if any, cons?

Reason: