General - page 1869

I've been looking all around in the program menus and the help file but I can't find a way to place a hedging trade. Is this feature simply not provided in MT4?
Hi everyone. I was going to buy a book to learn how to write code for MT4 to have it autotrade for me. My question is two fold: 1) Is MT4 C based or C++? If I were buying a book, should I get a C or C++ one? 2) Can anyone recommend a good book to begin with? I saw C++ Primer Plus (5th Edition)...
  Chandelier Exit  (3)
Hi gang, i am attaching the chandelier exit with this post. as you can see it is a pretty decent indicator. but it has some problems the way it draws itself. i have marked the areas in red..where the indicator gave weird behaviour. can someone please look at the code and rectify it, so that it can...
How can I join the output of an EA with other indicators - for example - if I have an EA that can give me a trend direction - and - this output would be delayed until another indicator gives me entry (to be taken upon the EA )? How can they be joined to one ea in Meta trader?
  Solar  (3)
has anyone heard of the solar indicator.? If you know where I can get it That would be great. I recently saw it but am unable to find it. Thanks
  Bunny Cross EA  (9)
Hi All, Does anyone have a Bunny Cross system EA? I am thinking of programming one. Thanks
I've been trying for days to download historical data for four majors (EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDCHF, USDJPY) from the alpari databank (http://databank.alpari.org) and can NOT get a clean download. Download speeds are only around 20-30 BYTES per second...WHEN it actually downloads. Even download managers...
Hello guys i was searching for someone who can send me edit code for Simple_Ema2 i have already edit it to be (((3,10))) and it give me signal (Buy or Sell) 70% Profit and 30% Loss, can anyone edit it again to be at least 90% Profit or 95% Hope anyone here can do it. Thanx
Hello, If I have an Expert Advisor that uses two different moving averages, can I do something to make the moving averages have different colors on the chart that the "Open Chart" button on the strategy tester shows? I would also like to have candles, and have them be certain colors on that chart...
Im using the mtapi.dll . Does anyone know why I get a 'symbol is in instant-excution mode' when trying a MtSendOrder? Im actually using the example code #2 CMetaTraderAPI.SendOrder The api is connected and logged in correctly Ive tried both using the api object i have in pumping mode and a new...
  GridTechinque why not?  (50   1 2 3 4 5)
Hi, I want to know one thing. Why people are searching for a special EA to make money and don't see that we already have the best system, Why nobody use The Grid Techinque? Maybe I'm wrong but I want to know why? Thanks in advance
  TrendstrenghtEMA  (98   1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10)
I think we all hate those guys who post on our forum, attaching pictures of "mysterious indicator" and telling everyone I made 5000 pips a month using it. We don't like those guys because when someone ask them to share their tool, they never respond as if they were the creators of those indicators
  Possible new EA!  (2)
hello; I'm a NewBe here so please don't get up-set with me, for the questions I'm about to ask. First let me tell you a few thing about myself, My Real name is Martin, I live in SouthWest Oregon, USA, I'm in my verylate 50's, I build my first computer in 1979 it had 1k RAM (lol), I have programed in...
Hi, Is there a way to do Point & Figure charting on Metatrader4?
  Woodie's choppy zone indicator  (108   1 2 3 4 5 ... 10 11)
Here it's: Woodie's choppy zone indicator. Also some new versions of indicators from Igor are attached
When running optimization on previous data using Open prices only (fastest method to analyze the bar just completed) mode, function such as OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_BUY, 1, Ask, 3, Ask - 25 * Point, Ask + 25 * Point, "", 0, 0, Green); when the Low price is lower than StopLose, and High price is...
I've once saw an EA that could handle your SL, TP and TS after you made a manual trade. I've searched every place I could to find this EA but so far no luck. Anyone???
  Sensor  (4)
Does anybody know what is that? I found it inside my computer. Looks strange ...
  Percentage Price Oscillator  (17   1 2)
hi all, Does anyone have the PPO oscillator as shown in the attached pic. thanks,
Hi I have written a code for auto trade in Expert Adviser. My autotrade work fine. it open trade and close trade. My problem is, when a buy / sell position is closed. The EA automatically open another position in fewminitues, or in few hours time. That cause me to lost a lot of money, as the EA...
[Deleted]
I've just begun learning about Expert Advisors, so I don't know if it's possible, but can MT EAs be used to give order recommendations that a trader could place/modify manally? I want to start off slowly with MT, so I would like to create an EA that I could run once or twice a day to get order...
  Overbought/oversold indicator  (40   1 2 3 4)
All indicators (or the majority) on this forum are trend following indicators. I don't think one can improve the trend following indicators who already exist. So is there somewhere an overbought/oversold indicator ...or an indicator that works reliable on showing tops and bottoms. Not that I excpect
Any ideea where i can find Suport and Resistance indicator to works for evry timeframe? Thanks
Hi everybody. I enclosed an indicator based on Zig Zag that generates fib retracements. I need help for the following: - I want to control which levels are generated. The indicator plots default levels, no 78.6, no 127.6, etc. - I don't want description of the levels to appear on the right as they
Hi every one, How can I making buy or sell sign, when the moving average(14) intersect with moving average(45)? in MT4. I have this but it still deficient !! if not false .. I don't have much with MQL =================================================== #property copyright "B&S" #property link...
In MT4, I can set the moving average indicator's 'Apply to' option to 'First Indicator's Data' in order to show the MA of Willim Percent. But I cann't find the option 'First Indicator's Data' in MQL4. Would you please tell me how I can do that with MQL
  Holy Grail?  (10)
Anyone got it? http://www.thesupremeorder.com/faq.html
Hi folks What is your idea about this chart?
[Deleted]
Questions about the Bars function (or variable): What are the maximum and minimum values of Bars? It counts up each time a new bar appears on a chart, but how high does it count? What happens when it reaches the maximum - does the value of Bars remain at the maximum value until the program is shut...