General - page 1868

Hi everybody. I enclosed an indicator based on Zig Zag that generates fib retracements. I need help for the following: - I want to control which levels are generated. The indicator plots default levels, no 78.6, no 127.6, etc. - I don't want description of the levels to appear on the right as they
Hi every one, How can I making buy or sell sign, when the moving average(14) intersect with moving average(45)? in MT4. I have this but it still deficient !! if not false .. I don't have much with MQL =================================================== #property copyright "B&S" #property link...
In MT4, I can set the moving average indicator's 'Apply to' option to 'First Indicator's Data' in order to show the MA of Willim Percent. But I cann't find the option 'First Indicator's Data' in MQL4. Would you please tell me how I can do that with MQL
  Holy Grail?  (10)
Anyone got it? http://www.thesupremeorder.com/faq.html
Hi folks What is your idea about this chart?
[Deleted]
Questions about the Bars function (or variable): What are the maximum and minimum values of Bars? It counts up each time a new bar appears on a chart, but how high does it count? What happens when it reaches the maximum - does the value of Bars remain at the maximum value until the program is shut...
Hello, Can someone provide me the syntax to load an Indicator from an EA? (and maybe a code example how to read the computed values of the Indicator from the EA). Thanks! -charliev
[Deleted]
  Camarilla lines  (2)
camarilla lines any body have a complete source and definition for that? and of course a full indicator, please
Just my observation, Bank of Japan (BOJ) usually launches super powerful intervention starting October 1st until the end of year. Looks like there're two phrases of intervention, first from Oct 1st until 1st Dec and second in December. Usually the two drive USDJPY to the same direction, but in year...
  The First Friday Pattern  (19   1 2)
This is known for years but almost forgotten one, so here it is the eurusd pattern on first Friday of every month. The moves are easy to predict, as most of them were sharp down trends. So what is the next move on April 7th 2006? Down again right?
hello traders, i have one fibonacci calculator i already attach that indicator but i dont know how to use that indicator so please tell me how to use that indicator. regards, k.n.v.santosh
I have downloaded 1min .hst data from alpari http://www.alpari-idc.com/en/dc/databank.php How do i force MT4 strategy tester to use this data? Im trying out an EA on a 30 min chart, do I need to convert 1 min to 30 min? Thanks
  Trend corelation.  (15   1 2)
Has anyone realised this? We pick any number of instruments, when we trading, there is always a trend co-relation within these instrument. Take the number 6, for instance, we can propose that within these 6 instruments we can always have at least 3 instruments show same directions, up or down....
  A new system  (4)
this system call Tunnel Method, what u think aboub it? more about it u can read herehttp://www.freewebs.com/mswilson/documents/1hrTunnelMethod.htm Step 1. First, you need a charting service. Since most all electronic trading platforms have charts with technical indicators, this shouldn't be a...
  Bar Action  (16   1 2)
Hi all, I need little assistance here. I have raw concept right now. But I have to share it with my community. So here I go. It can be an ea but right now just a trading concept. We can trade it mannually too. I need help here to let it go as manual trade or we can make it an ea. Very few...
I need a way to assign the base directory name (usually "c:\program files\metatrader 4") to a string, so I can use it to call the ShellExecuteA( ) DLL function. I need to run a Perl script in the experts directory, but the base dir *could* vary depending on where MT4 was installed. Is there a MT4...
  Forex Tsd Contest!  (127   1 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13)
Hello!!!!! We are proud to present the FIRST CONTEST of Experts advisors. https://www.mql5.com/en/forum Rules: 1 - The same Expert Advisor or Indicator can participate in all future contests (yes you can win all prizes if your expert advisor wins always). 2 - In April contest we have 3 prizes: 300$...
Hi, I often do some homework in history mode, and use F12 to go step by step . Because I've zoomed out the chart, I could not see the CLOSE price of the last visible bar. So , is it possible to draw wingding 224, or just simply "-----", at the CLOSE price of the last visible bar? And when I press...
Hi, Is it possible to get the index of the bar at the right of current chart visible area? I mean, if I scrolled data back to history, the index of the bar on the right of the visible chart area is not 0, and I don't know how to retrieve it. I Hope that someone has an idea. Thanks ruby
Slawa, I have seen some post about this that have no answer. Can you please talk about it? The biggest objection I get from users is chart windows floating outside of the main MT4 window. Is it possible for you to change the window type so that it is the type of a window that can move around...
I know this indicator is out there somewhere, I just can't find it. I'm looking for a Moving Average indicator that changes colour according to its slope (example, green for upslope, red for downslope, blue for neutral). I have found an indicator that does this on the metatrader website, but it does
  RSS channel  (6)
Hi Is it possible to add RSS channel to site. It will be easier to follow threads reg aviar
Hello, I'm trying to do an important project. I have a program that draws the regression channel object: ObjectCreate("LRtest",OBJ_REGRESSION,0,dStart,0,dEnd,0); the value of the endpoint displays when the mouse is over it, but my program needs to get the value of the endpoint
  HUGE BUG!  (3)
1) Attach an expert to a chart. 2) Change some input values (I load it from a .set file). 3) Compile the expert. 4) Have a look at the expert parameters . They all reverted to their default values from the mq4 file. This shouldn't happen and it didn't happen in previous builds. I walk up today only
  Coding Help  (2)
Good Day Guys! I need help on how to change EMA-Crossover-Signal.mq4 code (here attached) so it'l will alert me when there's a crossing. thanks a lot!
  Ema/lwma cross  (2)
Has anyone got an EMA/LWMA CROS with and alert/no alert built into it, can you please post it.
I'm having some trouble getting my code to work. I have two external variables - one that gives me a profit target and another that gives me a stop target. I have two functions (I already tried putting this into a single function.) When the profit target is reached, I want to close a portion of the...
  bug?  (1)
There has been a critical error Time : 2006.03.22 21:00 Program : MetaEditor Version : 4.00 (build: 191, 2 Mar 2006) OS : Windows XP Professional 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600) Processors : 1, type 586, level 15 Memory : 514796/159340 kb Exception :...
  Dynamic RSI !!!!  (66   1 2 3 4 5 6 7)
hi guys, i found this indicator on the web. Please comment !! it illustrates RSI 14 and a deviation of 20 ( bollinger band , volatility) and EMA5 all in one indicator window. Give it a try