General - page 1866

[Deleted]
I believe Nich had posted a snippet to close a trade after X hours have passed since the trade was opened. However, this time I need help with the following: How do I close opened order after "X" hours have elapsed since placing the order? Hope one of the resident experts can lend me a helping hand....
Hi, people. The aid of programmers is necessary. My abilities unfortunately did not be sufficient Idea. Is an indicator "IND Inverse", I fasten to it ema (20) and (50). It is now necessary that with the intersection EMA20 EMA50 would be placed pointer in the necessary direction. Help me please!
Hi I am using zigzag indicators . how can I have a beep at the time of reverse of indicator's line? if I must add some statment in indicator's program, please let me know which statment and where
  MQ
Hi, I would really appreciate an answer to this question as it it determine whether or not we trade with a broker using your trading platform. Is there any way to comminicate information TO, and FROM, an EXPERT ADVISER to other running programs on a realtime basis ? Note the emphasis on...
  Hvr  (14   1 2)
Good Day Friends! Id like to know if anyone has historic volatility ratio indicator for MT4. thanks a lot.
Hi all, Can someone please quickly test this EA and let me know if this was done correctly and works on your MT4? I cannot seem to get it to send me the ALERT EMAILS that it is programed to do. All it is to do is send me an EMAIL when the Moving Averages cross (3&7 periods), and when the RSI crosses
Hi, I need to be able to filter the time of day in my EA. Specifically if it's 7am-11am on my pc, then then execute a certain part of the code. If it's any other time use the other part of the code. Using an if statement is fine, I read through the time functions in metatrader, from what I can...
Hi all, I'm not a programmer, but I've found what I think to be a good, very simple system and would like if one of your programmer dudes could make an EA for it. All the EA will do is sell when the SteopMA_Stoch_v1 yellow line crosses to be below the blue line, and buy when the yellow crosss to the
Does such an EA exist? I've seen scripts that close open positions but I've never seen an EA that will close all positions when total profit/loss hits a user defined target.
  Invalid account  (4)
So I logged into Metatrader today and it says that my account is invalid for some reason. I have been using the InterbankFX-Demo server and everything has worked fine in the past, until today. Has anyone had this problem, and how can I fix it? I've had my account for about 2 weeks. Thanks
I'd like to declare a variable that keeps/retains its value between iterations of the advisor. In other words, I'd like to be able to set the value of a variable, have the advisor exit, and then access the variable the next time the expert is executed. I think I saw this in another thread, but...
  Invalid account  (3)
Hi I just downloaded and installed MetaTrader4 this week directly from this site. It was working fine the whole week.This is my first weekend with it. It is now Saturday night here in NY. I just now opened the platform and am getting a message on the chart window "Waiting for update" and in the...
Hello, What is the best way to Pass a String from One chart to another Chart? **Edit ** I think it is Possible to Create a Text Object on One Chart and get the Value of that Text Object from another Chart. This might work if all Text Object Names are unique and Objects can be referenced Globally...
Hello, Is there a way within MQL4 to Calculate the Value of a Single Pip? On a Normal Account for the Pair EURUSD 1 Pip = $10.00. We all know that. What I am seeking is the Code/Way to Calculate it for whatever pair and Account Type I am using within the MQL4 Code. So Does MQL4 have a built-in way
Hi. It could be very cool, if we could use Experts in Mobile Trader 4. Does MoetaQotes company are thinking about it? Best regards, Joke
The new build of the client terminal will be released in a couple of days. A new important addition has been made: Optimization results are shown as a two-dimensional graph. The matrix cells are colored in different hues of green (depending on the result). A tooltip shows values of optimized...
i tried to find an indicator call "vegas" but cant find it pls.. someone know where is that indicator are located at post here pls thank you ^_^
Indicator of breakout of H/L channel of 55 EMA. Author is Tartan.
[Deleted]
hi, it is my first post / question on the forum. so far I have used only VT platform for programming auto-trading systems, but it has too many limitations. now I have been trying to create some EAs and custom indicators under MQL4. it looks simmilar to old good C, so I really like it. As I learnt...
  *.ex4 files  (3)
Is there any reason why I can't get ex4 files running, only mq4? Once I save *.ex4 file to the indicators directory, I just don't see the indicator in cust. indicator window. Does anybody know why?
Can anyone explain why OPEN is not identical to previous CLOSE on MATATRADER charts? On OANDA charts it is. What is the meaning of difference from OPEN and previous CLOSE ? thx Aristide
Hi Gang; Anyone know if any Fibonacci superClusters for MT4 exists anywhere ?? Much like Pivots ?? Ideas from http://www.syncmt.com/teachingexamples.htm Any help or points appreciated !! Rgds ..
I am trying to run about 30 mt4 platforms on the same pc but I can't for some weird reason.I have enough RAM...I seperate each installation into different folders... I thought there was something wrong with my windows xp so I tried to the same setup on another PC with the same results. Here is what
Hello, I have a demo account with Interbank FX. When I manually execute trades on EURUSD, the spread is 2 pips. When I run a script to display Bid and Ask in a MessageBox(), the difference is 9 pips. When I choose "Symbol Properties" in the tester, it says the spread is 9 pips. Why? Is this a...
dear friends We want to encapsulate the automatic trading strategy into an indicators for visualization and manual execution. so we can use it manually as much as we use it automatically some time the EA is not accurate plus many of us want to see the indicators work and then act cause in EA
Hi, I used this MACD indicator for the last 2-3 month and it was working fine, since Friday 03/31/06 the indicator stoped working with Interbank FX. I wanted to take a look at the indicator and noticed the file is a *.EX4 file and I noticed most Indicators are *.MQL format, can this file be
we are both using latest build 191. But I have no idea why his MT has US indexes!! How can I add those symbols?
Hello Members of TSD, Can anyone tell me which Broker allows 24 hour order placing or does the Forex market closes ? I tried placing an order at 16:01 GMT and it says "Trade is Closed". Larry
I've been trying to code an expert that buys when the faster MA crosses above the slower MA and sells when it crosses below. The expert enters trades correctly but it won't close a trade and start a new one when the MA's cross. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? int start() { double MA5C...
Hello, Is there a good way for me to test my custom indicator code when the market is closed i.e. when there are no incoming ticks? For example, I have an indicator that displays an Alert() under certain conditions, and I want to test the code even though the market is not sending incoming ticks...