General - page 1856

Hello everyone, For the pro's who know this, what is the best way to play the news from the FOMC meeting tomorrow? Most are anticipating a raise of .25%, so be it... But if the comments are he will put a hold on the raising of rates, will we see the EURUSD go short??? Will the dollar stregthen??...
  EA Programmer  (3)
Hello, i was wondering if anyone was interested in a quick bit of programming MQ4. I can read the language but don't have to time nor experience to get it built successfully. The system is easy, already partially coded but needs to be cleaned up, plus a few modules added to it. It is for the...
i just wondering, is the backtest just a dream or can we keep it for strategy plan that we do? your coment please....
  Indicator for margin level  (22   1 2 3)
hi How does one calculate 'margin level'.? I want to open the maximum number of positions I can using different stratergies - but i don't quite know when to stop opening. When 'margin level' = 50%? If I know how to calculate margin level then I can determine what my 'margin level' will be if all my...
Hi, I use MT4 build 4.00.193 and want to backtest a strategy using an "expert adivsor". For this I downloaded historical GBPUSD data from the last 2 years into the histroy center. The data is 1-Minute-Based. By importing the data I can see in the histroy center the 1Minute GBPUSD...
I wrote this code and it is working, the problem is that it only trade one at a time, even though i have attached it on several pairs. Is it possible to make it trade on other pairs if those pairs reaches the criteria? Thank you.
Hi Guys can you please explain what does this line mean..... specilly the 2 and 1 in the brackets.. iCustom(NULL,TimeFrame,"Heiken Ashi",2,1) Thanks Babar
Hi Guys, How can I limit the amount of order per bar in my EA....Basically I want EA to open only 1 order per bar.....and wait for the next bar...if the conditions fullfil then open another position....at the moment it is opening more than 1 positions in one bar.... Thanks Babar
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum so excuse me if this is not the right place to ask this question. I have written a script for MT4 and basically it waits until the start of a new daily bar to perform it's calculations. The problem I have is that after a short while the script seems to hang up and
Usually you drop the MA on price, right? But now you will learn to plot it on top of other indicators such as RSI, MACD, etc. Just drag and drop Moving Average indicator onto another indicator and change Apply to = First indicator's data. Remember that it's built-in Moving Average, not the custom...
  StringSetChar()  (1)
Hi Slawa, anomaly with this function as the character is not returned in the specified position: string strChanged=StringSetChar("0123456", 3, 65); // 012A456 Also parameter 3 in the sample is the wrong type. Take care.
Does someone know if there were a way, to select multiple or all objects in the object list (ctrl-b) of MT4 ? For some reason the new build unselected all my objects (like 3000 of them) and thus made them invisible on the chart. It would take a long time and probably my nervous system if I had to...
I've done a very simple expert to test time flow. Here it is: int start() { if(TimeHour(CurTime())==0 && TimeMinute(CurTime())<5) Print("@@@ HELLO @@@"); return(0); } I've checked this on 4 years of 1-min data and got this output in the Journal window (only last lines): ...... 2006.05.05
Just go to : http://www.tradesys.co.uk/downloads.htm Bye DV
  Hosting for MT4  (11   1 2)
Question: Is it possible to have your MT4 trading station hosted and maintained by a commercial server? Reasons why I ask: 1) Comcast.net my Broadband provider crashes all the time. 2) I would like 5 ninths reliability on my system up time. In other words I would like 99.999% system uptime. (I know...
Looking for some feedback on the Elite Subscription. Anyone testify it really winning 3000 pips per month? Is it a complete MQL 4 file I can attach to interbank FX charts and have it auto trade? Is it the same system winning consistantly or different systems winning on different months. I am looking
  Super S/R! Breakout system?  (17   1 2)
I was wondering if any gurus came up with any breakout system based on Support and Resistance indicator? I believe it should be very possible with a decent S/R indicator. Let's make a holy grail out of this new indicator guys! I've been playing with Barry's Support and Resistance, but only to find
Hi guys, is it possible to activate EA or EAs on a specific time ..........like 18:35pm..... Thanks Babar
Hello, This is igorads Dinapoli Detrend Oscillator I belive, i've changed it to give a histogram instead. And I was wondering if someone can work on it so that a bar on the histogram would change colour should there be divergence with the closing price. Anyone help?
Hello all- I'm new to programming and this forum, and yesterday I wrote a simple EA based on the Parabolic SAR (Buy when it's below current price, sell when it's above). I have already written trailing stops into the program, but currently it initiates a new order in the same direction that I just
Hi Whenever i open MetaEditor my firewall tells me that MetaEditor is trying to access the internet. I wonder why it does that, can anybody please tell me? I would also like to know what the policy of Metaquotes is regarding the collecting of data from users. I don't suspect Metaquotes i just want...
HI ALL, PLZ CAN ANY ONE HELP ME IN THIS STRGTGES plz TO code it..... ------------------------------------------- Five-Minute Bollinger Band System ------------------------------------------- on a chart of 5-minute bars for a forex, plot out the 10-bar moving average and the Bollinger bands for 2...
Hi Guys Can someone please tell me where can I get the OSCILLATOR indicator from ???? Thanks Babar
Is it posible to watch two or many fores pairs (eur/usd and usd/cad for ex.) at the same time, and to send an order if both pairs have a certain value ? Ex.: Buy EURO if EUR/USD=x and USD/CAD=y. Thank you !
XProfuter 2006 indicator for Forex. Is not a subject to doubt, that the future to predict it is impossible, especially in the market. However, attempt of a combination of huge quantity of laws has been undertaken then indicator Xprofuter which it is evident with reliability in 92 % further movement
Hi, just wondering if any changes were made to the strategy tester. After the update my scripts get requote errors on all my BUY trades, easily fixed by slightly increasing the Slippage of the trades however... All my EA's test completely different now. Was the accuracy increased at all? Or was...
Hi everybody, I heard that on newest pocket pc with windows pocket pc 5, MT4 works (the client version)! is it true? I would like to use EA on pocket pc phone edition for trading with an all-in-one system! Thanks Bolla
[Deleted]
Im kind a new in MT4, but not in C/C++ so I want to join my knowledgement. I wrote simple EA, but I can not lounch it in strategy tester. Dont know why. I set EA, Symbol, Model, date and period but when I push Start nothing happens. Maybe I miss something? Maybe I must download .FXT files (: Thanks.