My FINAL Request for help With my EA!!

I don't know what it is, but it seems that my request for a little bit of programming help with this EA I'm trying to complete are just being ignored. did I do something to to offend the programmers on this forum. I would hope that being an Elite subscription member, I would be able to get some kind of assistance with this.

I could understand if I was someone who was just posting an idea for an EA on here and expecting others to do it all for me (and I've seen alot of members making these type of requests on the forum and getting more help than I have gotten). But I'm not. I am trying to LEARN so that I can do my own coding. However, I'm at a point with it now that I need some help or guidance to complete it.

I have looked at the UniversalEMA and have used it. And yes it looks like it will do what I want it to for the most part. But I still would like to complete what I started in my EA, if nothing more than to LEARN what I've done wrong, or what I still need to add to it to make it work, or to have someone just tell me that it won't work no matter what is done to it? I don't just want to be a FreeLoader, I want to participate and learn! however, it seems as though my requests for help just seem to be ignored!

I don't think that is too much to ask for !!!!!!!

This is an EA I have tried to create based on the 5-13-62 Trading strategy from Rob Booker.

Basic rules are as follows:

For Long position:

1. 5EMA cross above 13EMA signal for potential entry.

2. 5EMA and 13EMA cross above 62EMA plus some adjustable pip seperation

between 13EMA and 62EMA will execute a Long trade.

3. Exit, or close, order next time the 5EMA crosses below the 13EMA

Will be the opposite to execute a Short trade.

Orders can also be closed via TP, SL, Trailing Stop, or can be closed manually by trader.

I tried coding this in an EA, but have come to a point where I need help to take it to the next level. i've attached what I have done.

Files:

waaustin:
I don't know what it is, but it seems that my request for a little bit of programming help with this EA I'm trying to complete are just being ignored. did I do something to to offend the programmers on this forum. I would hope that being an Elite subscription member, I would be able to get some kind of assistance with this.

I could understand if I was someone who was just posting an idea for an EA on here and expecting others to do it all for me (and I've seen alot of members making these type of requests on the forum and getting more help than I have gotten). But I'm not. I am trying to LEARN so that I can do my own coding. However, I'm at a point with it now that I need some help or guidance to complete it.

I have looked at the UniversalEMA and have used it. And yes it looks like it will do what I want it to for the most part. But I still would like to complete what I started in my EA, if nothing more than to LEARN what I've done wrong, or what I still need to add to it to make it work, or to have someone just tell me that it won't work no matter what is done to it? I don't just want to be a FreeLoader, I want to participate and learn! however, it seems as though my requests for help just seem to be ignored!

This is an EA I have tried to create based on the 5-13-62 Trading strategy from Rob Booker.

For Long position:

Orders can also be closed via TP, SL, Trailing Stop, or can be closed manually by trader.

I tried coding this in an EA, but have come to a point where I need help to take it to the next level. i've attached what I have done.

how to help? you dont even mention the time frame

what do you mean exactly by "adjustable pip seperation" ?

waaustin:

For Long position:

oh just listen to yerself u sniveling little whiner. what do u think just coz ur on a forex forum that the gurus are obligated to help every little dipstick liek u that come along with some moving avg. xover ea. get a life moron and go back to read codersguru manual on coding and do it urself. u act like everybody owe u something. ever think about paying a pro coding group to do ur little ea? or do u have the money? get 2 work studying, boy.

abrs70:
how to help? you dont even mention the time frame

I usually use 1Hr or 4Hr. But I think it should work with any timeframe.

Kurka Fund:
what do you mean exactly by "adjustable pip seperation" ?

Adjustable from the EA settings when you load the EA.

This BOY should be Banned!!!

squigglefunk:
oh just listen to yerself u sniveling little whiner. what do u think just coz ur on a forex forum that the gurus are obligated to help every little dipstick liek u that come along with some moving avg. xover ea. get a life moron and go back to read codersguru manual on coding and do it urself. u act like everybody owe u something. ever think about paying a pro coding group to do ur little ea? or do u have the money? get 2 work studying, boy.

What is a JERK like you doing in a community forum such as this. I've seen other posts in this forum by you and for the most part they are all holier than thou, arrogant, snide responses to other members seeking a little help. I would suggest, as you have referred to others here, that you are the prick here and should keep your snide comments to yourself unless you have something constructive and helpful to contribute to the forum as a whole.

For your information, I have been reading and studying and researching this forum, as well as three other forums. I HAVE done all of the coding on this EA myself and have come to an impasse that I need some guidance with. Which I believed is what a community forum is all about.

waaustin:

For Long position:

Hi waaustin,

I did not understand the rules.

may you write the rules for buy and sell like this:

sell if:

buy if:

and so on ...

Because not very understandable.

For example, what is the difference between "potential entry" and "execute a Long trade"?

Why I am asking if i am not a coder?

I may code something.

For example there is thread: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173295 and there is some EA: two EMAs crossing for enter and the other two EMAs crossing for exit with some delta. This delta may be modified to be "adjustable pip seperation".

Many people can do that if it is not difficult but only need is the rules to be understandable.

Try This

This EA was based on Rob's system... I believe he works this on 30M charts, good luck to you.

MM

Files:
robbooker.mq4  4 kb

newdigital:
Hi waaustin,

sell if:

buy if:

and so on ...

For example, what is the difference between "potential entry" and "execute a Long trade"?

I may code something.

For example there is thread: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173295 and there is some EA: two EMAs crossing for enter and the other two EMAs crossing for exit with some delta. This delta may be modified to be "adjustable pip seperation".

Many people can do that if it is not difficult but only need is the rules to be understandable.

I think that FIBO EMA example may help since there is mention of delta separation as an option to specify.

newdigital:
Hi waaustin,

sell if:

buy if:

and so on ...

I may code something.

OK i'll try to explain a bit more clearly.

For Long position:

1. 5EMA cross above 13EMA signal for potential entry. This would be the first

condition that has to occur for an upcoming possible long entry point.

2. Now we would look for the 5EMA and 13EMA to cross above the 62EMA.

This would be the second condition signalling a valid long entry. The EA

could enter a long trade here if desired.

3. The third condition that I would like is to provide some adjustable

pip seperation between the 13EMA and 62EMA to actually execute a Long

trade. This would be adjustable from the EA settings by the trader, similar

to the "MinCrossDistance" in the UniversalMACross EA. So if this value is

set to 0 then the trade would actually be entered at Step 2 above.

4. Open position would Exit, or close, the next time the 5EMA crosses below

the 13EMA and, of course, any open trades can also be closed via TP, SL,

Trailing Stop, or can be closed manually by trader.

1. 5EMA cross below 13EMA signal for potential entry. This would be the first

condition that has to occur for an upcoming possible short entry point.

2. Now we would look for the 5EMA and 13EMA to cross below the 62EMA.

This would be the second condition signalling a valid short entry. The EA

could enter a long trade here if desired.

3. The third condition that I would like is to provide some adjustable

pip seperation between the 13EMA and 62EMA to actually execute a Short

trade. This would be adjustable from the EA settings by the trader, similar

to the "MinCrossDistance" in the UniversalMACross EA. So if this value is

set to 0 then the trade would actually be entered at Step 2 above.

4. Open position would Exit, or close, the next time the 5EMA crosses below

the 13EMA and, of course, any open trades can also be closed via TP, SL,

Trailing Stop, or can be closed manually by trader.

I believe I have entry conditions 1 and 2 coded correctly in my EA. But I would appreciate if a programmer could check the logic on the entry conditions for me. Other thing is when I try to compile it I get an error message "\end_of_program' - ending bracket '}' expected". I add a } to the end of program then I get other errors when I compile again. Have not been able to figuure out where my problem is here.

I have not added any logic for Entry condition 3 above. I have looked at similar code in other EA's but have not been able to figure out how or where to incorporate it into my EA.

Anyway, I hope this is a bit more understandable.

And I'd like to say thanks to all (except "SquiggleFunk") for the replies and the help.

Reason: