1 Minute Chart Uptrend and Downtrend Indicator - page 2

jturns23:
I did not mean to insult you. I just thought that the question was funny.

I hear ya, man.. I understand why you said what you said.. I didn't word my thoughts exactly, so I understand..

Mr.Marketz:
Mike360,

I'll have to back up jturns on this one. What you're asking is a bit out there (you're new right?). I'm sure he didn't mean any harm by it.

Here's my attempt at helping you out. Forget about the indicators, and simply trade pivot breaks on the 1 min in the general trend direction. I created a thread a while ago detailing a strategy I used back in the day. The thread is called Day Trading and can be found here at TSD. Do a search for it, if you're interested.

Yea, i'm relatively new, but i've done pretty well so far.. gettin' like 20 pips a day..

Mike,

20 pips is a day is a great start. You keep that up and you'll be the richest man in the world in a very short time.

Mr.Marketz:
Mike, 20 pips is a day is a great start. You keep that up and you'll be the richest man in the world in a very short time.

Yea, i'm using a mini account though because i'm starting off slow..

mike360:
Well, yea, MA crosses are pinnacle, but, I already have a technique for that, so I just need a good config for MACD.. Thanks for your reply..

So...what is your "technigue" ?

mike360:
Yea, i'm using a mini account though because i'm starting off slow..

You're right. It is like this that all newbies should start.

FerruFx

Well...I do not know about that...it is a lot different trading million dollar accounts...

ES

Mr.Marketz:
Mike, 20 pips is a day is a great start. You keep that up and you'll be the richest man in the world in a very short time.

mike360:
Can someone help me with an indicator that would aid me in identifying solid uptrends and downtrends just before they happen on a 1 minute chart ? MACD seems useful, but I can't seem to tweak the settings correctly to suit my purpose.. I appreciate any feedback to this question in advance..

mike360,

Not sure if this will help you, I made it quickly for you. It looks at the last 10 bars that have occurred from the previous bar. It shows comments on the chart as to the percentage of up, down, and non changing bars. It will work on any time frame.

Files:
m1.gif  23 kb
h1.gif  26 kb

wolfe:
mike360, Not sure if this will help you, I made it quickly for you. It looks at the last 10 bars that have occurred from the previous bar. It shows comments on the chart as to the percentage of up, down, and non changing bars. It will work on any time frame.

I appreciate that. Thank you.. I just added it to my charts. I'll let ya know how it goes..

Try setting the macd to match what ever MA settings you are using. For example, if you are using a 34EMA set the macd to 34/62. I like using the woodies cci type indicators. There are plenty available on this site. Again, set it to the MA you are using, for example if you are using the 34 EMA set your CCI to 34. Forget the turbo CCI, set that to zero and just watch for zero line crosses and zero line rejects.

Files:
1min.gif  59 kb
Reason: