General - page 1689

On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2007, an Interview with Olexandr Topchylo has been published (http://championship.mql4.com/2007/news/303/). He performed unsuccessfully in the last-year Championship, and this failure was the making of him. Olexandr learned the lesson and became...
Hi Folks I start a different thread because Backtesting other intruments like commodities and Indexes is a thread on its own . There are problems in backtesting other instruments .Firstly there is no data except what is available on demo feeds and secondly backtester throws out no results . How...
Does anyone know of a source that provides actual parameters for various candle patterns? For example, for a hanging man, what % does the Close have to be above the low? Just one example of what I'm looking for. various dojis, hanging man, etc. Some are easy, but most seem very subjective
OK.. So i've setup an indicator to just show me when price is above or below a few MA's. It's actually based on the Madro Golden Filter Indicator. If I set the indicator to pull the current bar it repaints when you refresh the indicator.. When I set to it doesn't repaint. I can't allow the...
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2007, the Report of the 7th Week of the Championship has been published (http://championship.mql4.com/2007/news/301/). These 5 trade days ended with several surprises. The first place has been taken by a Participant from Ukraine winning "by a...
I am trying to find the pros and cons of the top ten platforms out there. Please add your input on the following: 1 Metatrader 2 ACT 3 Saxo 4 FXCM 5 Gain/Forex.trader 6 Oanda 7 CMC 8 GFT 9 FX Sol 10 MB trading / efx Thanks.
Hello coder/programmer, I am trying to test some indicators and put them in many templates. I put the standard MT4 text label in each template. The problem is the text label disappear when i change the time frame or when i close and reopen the MT4 so i can not see which template that i am used. May...
Hello there all great traders, Can anyone help me, how can I add SAR on MACD window in MT4 platform? I mean If I want to look SAR and MACD in the same window. I hope someone know it very perfectly please share it with me. Best Regards, Arsenic786
Hi friends and enemies Here is another free Expert Adviser to this community.This Expert Adviser belongs to me and I paid money for it .It may require further development and coding and testing .Please feel to contribute in updating this EA and stating on the EA the improvements coded .Please...
  RSI value area  (1)
Is this an illusion? Is this astandard rsi indicator made to look like its showing value areas to buy and sell? It's incredibly clever but I expect its adjusting to the last ideal area to put the value levels. Take a look for yourself and let me know if its of any value in terms of calling out value...
[Deleted]
  FOREX Newbie  (19   1 2)
I am totally new to FOREX trading. I do not understand the difference bewteen an "Expert Advisor" and a "Managed FOREX Accout". I believe that an Expert Advisor is an automated trading platform , but I have not the foggiest idea of the steps to go about setting up an automated trading program. Could
Here is what I'm trying to code: I have a chart with an RSI attached to it. Then I drag and drop a MA into the RSI window and choose apply to "previous indicator's data". Now my moving average is using the RSI values for it's calculations. I can't figure out how to code this into an EA. The
Does anyone know or has an EA that can do the trade for you while you are gone and do it well to capture at least 10-15 pips a day not a risky one just one that would be used on the alpari uk MT4 platform and closes all trades at GMT fridays. any assistance rendered would be lovely please anybody.
[Deleted]
Hi Guys, First of all let me thank all of you for keeping this wonderful place on the net... I have a question, tough I think it has been answered many times - yet I don't seem to be able to find straight answer anywhere. For many people I'm sure this problem is just a thumb excercise, but...
Hi, This EA used to open positions in the oposite of the last "x" previous candles. I change to open position in the same direction. But it have a problem. If the candle is longer than the SL and you lose a position. It opens it in the same candle. So you lose many times in one long candle. So need...
Hi, I have programmed an expert advisor and is working well! It does everything I need it to do, except that there is one bug or flaw in my advisor. I use an oscillator to get the trend, and then either open a long or short. If the trend goes the other way, it closes the current trade and opens...
[Deleted]
I have a MACD version that is supposedly more accurate. It uses EMA for the signal calculation as well. I tried making the same MACD by modifying the MACD in MT4 but it is not coming up with the same numbers. Can we port this over to MT4? I've been working on this for a long time, and I've labeled a
Hi! My name is Nimrod Tony D'souza, I am basically 25 years old from Bombay, India and a part-time forex trader. I would like to introduce to you a system thats made by me, extremely easy to use, deadly accuracy and the most important part, you dont have to think, you dont need to learn rocket...
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2007, an Interview with Alexei Ermolaev has been published (http://championship.mql4.com/2007/news/297/). Alexei is a newbie in automated trading. He does not have much experence in it. He works with statistical approaches to analysis, so he...
Hi, To what extent is the "backtester" influenced by the demo account server apart from spread, stop level etc.? TIA
MANY systems, to be honest appear to be profitable in a few months of forward testing (auto or manual). however, are these consistent? Onlypivot appears excellent? Has this been proven success for more than a year ? HAMA PAD ? Stentz ? Delta9 ? Braintrend ? ACStrend ? XO Method ? HAS appears good?...
Hi folks Here below are two charts from FXDD and North finance On the North Finance chart a whole day's bar for 14 november is missing ,therefore EA is using the bar for the 13 th as high low for the previous day. The FXDD chart is correct and shows the bar for the 14 th This is proof that...
I am trying to find an indicator that sounds an alarm and sends an e-mail for bollinger band tags for MT4. As common as I think this strategy is, I am surprised that I have not been able to find it anywhere. I would appreciate any help. Thanks.
Investing in Oil as a spot comodity Crude Oil has been a dominant factor in the increasingly volatile global markets lately, as the commodity makes historic climbs toward $100 a barrel. It is important for traders and investors to understand the causes involved in the changing oil prices and how...
  Gaps EA  (5)
Hi, Gaps EA need improvements. If the gap is greater or equal than 3 pips, it will open an order. The TP is determined from the gap too. If it is higher than 6 pips, TP will be set 3 pips as the last three trades said. Otherwise TP remains 1 pip. I bet that this EA will not place TP that is higher...
Hi Traders where i can find the indicator: Waddah Attar Explosion Thanks
Hi, What are the precise rules for the server/tester opening an OP_BUY position from an OP_BUYLIMIT ticket. Does the price in the OP_BUYLIMIT ticket have to be equalled exactly? What happens if the Ask jumps below the price in the OP_BUYLIMIT ticket by a considerable margin? How is slippage...
http://www.traders-journal.com/files/Forex_Journal.pdf