Metatrader on osx?

hi, anyone use metatrader on mac osx? i'm planning on using it in fusion or parallels as opposed to bootcamp and am wondering which is faster. i'm sure bootcamp is the fastest but would rather not install that. so far i'm leaning towards fusion.

btw, i have a macbook pro 17" hires 2.4Ghz.

thanks!

MetaTrader MT4 platform will not run native on older Mac OSX.

Two ways to use MetaTrader MT4 platform on Mac OSX.

1. New Intel Core 2 Duo Macs - can run MT4 native with MicroSoft Windows installed.
2. Older Macs like G3, G4 or G5 - can run MT4 with Virtual PC installed.

I run MT4 on G4 PowerBook with Virtual PC 6.1 and no problems.

It should be also noted, that the Apple MacBook Pro (2.33 Ghz-Core 2 Duo) was rated the fastest processing speed of all notebook tested by Consumer Reports.

Because Windows OS and MT4 can run native and MT4 users want the fastest processing speed for Strategy Tester, this Apple MacBook Pro might be a good consideration.

It should be also noted, that the Apple MacBook Pro (2.33 Ghz-Core 2 Duo) was rated the fastest processing speed of all notebooks tested by Consumer Reports.

Because Windows OS and MT4 can run native and MT4 users want the fastest processing speed for Strategy Tester, this Apple MacBook Pro might be a good consideration.

Sorry for double post.

Hi there,
I use metatrader for over a year using Parallels Desktop on MAC.
In fact I run 2 instances of windows, each on a screen attached to my mac.
It runs fast and very reliable.
I have use : iMac Duo2 24" with 1 external screen extra, 2Gb, Win2000, XP
and OSX 10.4
It works flawlessly !

PeterVrolix :
Hi there,
and OSX 10.4
It works flawlessly !

I'm setup on a MacBookPro 2.16, Win XP, OSX.4.11.  I'm told I need to open up ports 443 and 1950 but have no idea how to accomplish that.  At the moment, I cannot get any connection with MT4 but there is no message as to why that is so.  Any help greatly appreciated.  I can be reached directly at ericb1000@comcast.net.

PeterVrolix :
Hi there,
and OSX 10.4
It works flawlessly !

I'm setup on a MacBookPro 2.16, Win XP, OSX.4.11. I'm told I need to open up ports 443 and 1950 but have no idea how to accomplish that. At the moment, I cannot get any connection with MT4 but there is no message as to why that is so. Any help greatly appreciated. I can be reached directly at ericb1000@comcast.net.

Wackena :
MetaTrader MT4 platform will not run native on older Mac OSX.

Two ways to use MetaTrader MT4 platform on Mac OSX.

1. New Intel Core 2 Duo Macs - can run MT4 native with MicroSoft Windows installed.
2. Older Macs like G3, G4 or G5 - can run MT4 with Virtual PC installed.

I run MT4 on G4 PowerBook with Virtual PC 6.1 and no problems.

Hi Wackena, Would you plase teach me how to run the MT4 for MAC Power Book G4 by use the Virtual PC?

How do I install the Virtual PC?

I try to install but it shows: Virtual PC cannot be updated because Virtual PC for Mac version 7 in not installed on this computer... how do I install it in? please advice, thanks! Ajay

VirtualPC works just fine on a PowerBook G4. I run VirtualPC v7.0.3.

On Intel Macs, I've found that Parallels v5 is much improved over v4.

-> Ajay - VirtualPC is a commercial software product. You need to toddle off to PC World and buy yourself a copy. You will also need the media and PAK key for a copy of MS Windows.

CB

cloudbreaker :

VirtualPC works just fine on a PowerBook G4. I run VirtualPC v7.0.3.

On Intel Macs, I've found that Parallels v5 is much improved over v4.

-> Ajay - VirtualPC is a commercial software product. You need to toddle off to PC World and buy yourself a copy. You will also need the media and PAK key for a copy of MS Windows.

CB

CB, but the Virtual PC is free to download and do you know how to install it to PowerBook G4?

No. Microsoft VirtualPC for Mac is not a free product. I think you are confusing this with VirtualPC for Windows, which is free.

CB

Reason: