Is testing pair trade EA possible on MT4?

Hi everyone,

Currently I've written an EA that enter trades in EURUSD based on the prices of EURUSD and USDCHF. However I seem to encounter problems when backtesting on historical data as the USDCHF doesn't seem to update in sync with the EURUSD giving me a lot of wrong entries when I check over the data.

Are there anyways to rectify it or is MT4 just not suitable for this sort of testing?

Thanks for the help.

SP

sushiparlour:
Hi everyone,

Currently I've written an EA that enter trades in EURUSD based on the prices of EURUSD and USDCHF. However I seem to encounter problems when backtesting on historical data as the USDCHF doesn't seem to update in sync with the EURUSD giving me a lot of wrong entries when I check over the data.

Are there anyways to rectify it or is MT4 just not suitable for this sort of testing?

Thanks for the help.

SP

Why you suppose USDCHF is on sync with EURUSD? It looks alike but is wrong conception.

Yea I understand. But trying to tweak some parameters on my EA to see if I can get something to work, if not I'll just abandon it since its all part of learning anyways.

Just wondering whether its possible to even build and backtest a functioning EA based on prices of 2 currencies as I still can't seem to get my testing going correctly.

sushiparlour:
Yea I understand. But trying to tweak some parameters on my EA to see if I can get something to work, if not I'll just abandon it since its all part of learning anyways. Just wondering whether its possible to even build and backtest a functioning EA based on prices of 2 currencies as I still can't seem to get my testing going correctly.

I believe you cannot. Backtesting an EA with MT4 works only with one currency pair.

Reason: