General - page 1650

MTF support/resistance indicator  (54   1 2 3 4 5 6)
I once had an indicator that showed support/resistance on different timeframes. Each time frame was represented by a different color and you were able to choose which timeframes to show or not show. Unfortunately I do not have this indicator anymore and can't remember the name. My searches haven't...
Hello, can someone who is experienced in forex please explain this monthly trading statement to me? What is the true account value? If I closed the account, how much money would I have total? Thank you. Current Buying Power $1,557,301.00 Deposit -0- Excess Equity $...
[Deleted]
Hi there, Attached is a mq4 file named 1_fish that is an indicator that everyone knows. I need someone to develop an expert advisor based on the following rules: The indicator is very simple to understand as you can see on attached picture. It basically gives us red bars when bars are moving down,...
Hello all - I just downloaded MT4 from the www.metaquotes.net site but after creating the demo all I see is entries for Forex only. CFD entries are missing. Any idea where can I find. I was told the demo acct had CFD entries as well. Thanks in advance. - Nash
If you are not familiar with a “Trader’s Fog”, it is eerily similar to the fog of war. It occurs whenever there are strong levels of ambiguity in situational awareness that is experienced by all participants in the market. Currently, the Trader’s Fog is thick and there are very few indications that...
  3cci ea  (14   1 2)
Hi All, I thought it was about time I added to a FOREX forum! I am new to Forex - a friend gave me the bug around middle of August. After losing a bit of real money using an online platform I discovered MT4 and EA's, so decided this is the way to go! Since I am not a programmer, I created this EA...
Hi everyone Am looking for a simple EA that hold profit, and look auto on levels. It should look at total profit for all pairs that am trading. So lets say profit goes to 30000USD, then it hold at 20000usd, if it goes to 50000usd, it hold at 40000usd. But now, if it suddenly drop to 39999, it...
  Trade manager  (12   1 2)
Hi, I'm using Pipboxer SE to manage my trade's once I've entered manually. In general I'm happy with it, but I would really like a trade manager that allows multiple TP's & breakeven choice's. Could some-one point me at one....please?! Tks
  How to build a trading plan  (21   1 2 3)
How do you build a trading plan, when you can't find an indicator, combination of indicators, or system that seems to work? I am having an awful time putting this together. At this point, i have about an 80% failure rate. That's after three years of trying to learn the market.
I would like all the open charts to rotate through a fading mechanism (i.e. every 1minute). Then I would not have to click each chart - I could just sit back and watch all the charts rotate before my eyes. Is this possible or any plans to do this?
i'd like to know pls, can one load a custom indicator in the smartphone trader and pda trader? and can they run Expert Advisors?
Hi, Can I get MetaTrader to have the grid at every 20 pips? Because with accounts of 0.1 pips, the grids are all screwed up. Otherwise, is there a way to make MetaTrader draw lines every 20 pips? Thanks for the assistance. Jawn Looi
What do some of you guys think about this stock. I've always thought it was a great company. I just checked the stock today because I haven't checked it in a while. its come off about 30-35$ since its highs. I'm not about to dive in or nothing, but I;m very interested. I think video games will
The star of the last few days has got to be Goldman Sachs - GS has rallied from 74 to 122 in less than 3 trading sessions . WOW! Thats; over 60% !!!! Citi, BAC, GS, and XLF had good gains. But JPM lagged badly, why
Hello there! I uploaded an EA authored by Coders Guru. I like the way this EA works, but it has no stop loss. If it wouldn't be too much of a hassle, can a programmer please add a stop loss to this EA. Thank you.
Hello, I'm just looking for a script that will trade currency pairs for me based on what I tell it are the Strong currencies and the Weak currencies. So for example the script will have all currencies typed into the code already like the 24 IBFX currencies I want to use, USDCAD, EURGBP, GBPCHF,...
Hi... anyone here knows where we can get statistics for eurusd or usdjpy pair? I mean data of theses currency pairs, with their HLOC. It needs to be easily copied and paste, as I need to input into excel.
Hi, I have got the above error every time after installing and setting up a demo account after some time. It does not occur immediately but usually after a few weeks. I understand that the demo expiry period is 90 days. But this error seems to occur prematurely. Anyone can help?
Hi, everyone Just opened an ODL-MT4 demo account. Quite pleased by the features of MT4, and also concerned about the data feed from ODL: observed missing bars from 20:54 to 21:47 on 13 Oct. Just want to ask if it is possible to change the underlying broker and the data feed, and if yes how? Many...
What are some ways (other than every "x" number of pips) to add new trades to your position (not compounding, the same lot size each time) if trend trading?
I have for a long time used the Point variable to convert pips to points in my MQL4 programs. For example, if I want to calculate a stop loss value for a buy trade, I would multiply the required number of pips by Point and subtract the result from the Ask price. The broker I use - Alpari - have...
PlaySound does not work on my system when it appear in any code that I write or that I have downloaded. Could it have something to do with the fact that I cannot find the terminal_dir\sounds directory?
I understand why posts get moved to a more relevant location, but every one of my posts here has been moved and when I follow the link, I'm in some other post. My last post was asking for debugging help with a specific program. How can I see if anyone has responded if my post goes away?!
I downloaded MT4 platform a few days back from MetaQuotes.net. Everything working perfectly except of GBPJPY this particular pair is not moving since the today there is no movement in this pair at the Market Watch as well as in the chart. Please try to resolve my problem
After i install my metatrader and reg a demo acc...the chart and the currency wont update,is not functioning...wat problem?
  Bollonger bands based EA  (26   1 2 3)
Hi there! Let me introduce the my EA based on Bollinger's bands (BB). The main idea is to buy when main BB is crossed by price bottom-up and vice-versa, - to sell when price crosses BB's main line top-down. We have here some stops and limiters: there are addition levels that should prevent us to...
Can anyone tell me where to find the pivot point options in MT4? Are pivot point settings automatically included in MT4 software or do I need to calculate my own PP's and just manually place the horizontal lines? Thanks
Hi folks! I was wondering if there's an expert advisor that can close a open position which I manually opened. The ea should close the position when stochastics crosses with. The parameters for stochastics should be %K=14 %D=3 Slowing=3 MA Method=Smoothed Price Field= Low/High. Anyone know of an