RangerFX - page 2

cacus:
I meant the ATR variable, you could add another ATR with 1 or 2 periods to take care of high volatility if its values are too high, so you make the EA waits for a good entry without high volatility (which generally causes breakouts).

If the values are really low i think it's not gonna matter cos it's already being filtered by the CCI, but i'm not completely sure so that addition would be ok for testing if it has or not a good influence over the strategy.

Regards

I got what you mean now.

Actually I tried coding something like checking for the last 5 bars, if the high - low is more than 3 X ATR then no trade but it doesn't seem to make it better.

Pls help test my new updated version and give suggestion to the basic core before I implement the time filter.

Sorry i was sleeping ^_^

Let me get my hands on it and make some test and i'll tell you my thoughts.

The time filter is not working yet. I just put it there.

How is the range filter? Any comments?

On H1 the timefilter doen't seems to make any change...

But it's a good thing to have there just in case.

Add a boolean to turn it ON or OFF...

The range filter could add some nice ideas here i think.

EDIT: Oh oh oh, now i see that i have to read twice... time filter isn't activated yet LOL... ok let me make some test to see if i can get some ideas to entry/exit strategies...

Put another ATR, customizable Period and TF.

And two more variables like:

MaxRange

MinRange

Then set an if filter before opening any order..

if (!RangeFilter || ( rangeMinRange )) {...

RangeFilter boolean just controles if the range filter is on or off... if off just pass through the if filter... alse make the comparison ( rangeMinRange )..

Try that...

Regards.

cacus:
Put another ATR, customizable Period and TF.

And two more variables like:

MaxRange

MinRange

Then set an if filter before opening any order..

if (!RangeFilter || ( rangeMinRange )) {...

RangeFilter boolean just controles if the range filter is on or off... if off just pass through the if filter... alse make the comparison ( rangeMinRange )..

Try that...

Regards.

the range, maxrange, minrange express in pips value?

forgot to ask you, how is the code for the high volatility? i put it under the fluctuation comments.

High range = High volatility (generally speaking)...

The value from ATR are always Pips, notice that it always shows something like 0.0018... 0.0039... etc, those are 18, 39 pips...

ATR get an average of pips height per bar... if you set ATR period to 1 then you'll be measuring the height of the current bar (or the bar you set it to by the shift value) in pips.

Some times there's an stampede that could give you a bad entry, so you but a maxrange to prevent a high volatility market and also an ATR with period 1 to avoid early entries with tall bars...

Great job so far on the EA, this little sucker is great on my demo account.

only trades to trade once a day but the trade is positive

Can you explain a little what each setting is?

thanks again.

pcguy007:
Great job so far on the EA, this little sucker is great on my demo account.

only trades to trade once a day but the trade is positive

Can you explain a little what each setting is?

thanks again.

Let me update the first thread and introduce this EA and its settings

able to show how is the testing results?

Reason: