General - page 1644

I'm an aspiring Ivy League student (Columbia),and I was wondering if there are any members on here that can share their experiences with their education. How did the degree treat you afterwards? A gift that keeps on giving, or in your case, a gift that keeps on paying
hi, any one know how to solve "no connection" problem in Mt4 trader platform? pls let me know coz it is not connecting to the server. i uninstalled many time n reinstalled . but still failed. pls tell me any solution.
Just wondered whether there is a hotkey for switching tabs (Trade, History, news...) in de Trade Terminal. Just can't find any and there is no notion in user guide. Maybe it's possible to assign one. Don't like using the mouse.
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2008,an Interview with Maxim Minenko (maximich) has been published. Maxim Minenko, known as maximich,is not so long in trading. However, he has got his own idea that thesimpler a system is, the better. Maxim participates in the Championshipwith...
Does anybody know which fields should I populate in the RequestInfo object when calling TradeTransaction() in the following scenarios: TT_BR_ORDER_CLOSE TT_BR_ORDER_ACTIVATE TT_BR_ORDER_COMMENT TradeTransaction() fails with either "Network problem" or "Invalid parameters " error messages. Is there
and when i save as detailed report to my selected folder like example "my Document" ..it wont appear! so weird...please guide me...
I've wished for some time now to be able to use MetaTrader to trade with an ECN broker. While MetaTrader is a phenomenal platform, using any trading strategy that resembles scalping doesn't exactly bode well with with the market maker's that use MetaTrader. To the best of my knowledge, there...
  EA Forwarding  (2)
I'm wondering if there's any type of system (free) that forwards trades from one broker to the other. EX: I have a system that only works with ODL Sec. but I have my money in IBFX. So I'm wondering if all trades made in ODL Sec. can be forwarded instantaneously to my IBFX account. Opening and...
  ForexPro2-0  (10)
Just duplicate the same trades in your demo acct. Some of these trades are the same trades I place in my own real account. ForexPro2-0
Hi, I am new to MT4 API, I want to build a simple client for its services. The user will be able to login, check tickers against some selected symbols, and place order to buy/sell. Any idea from where to start ... ?
HelloJust letting you know that the demo's are getting the trade "common errors" again...Please fix it asap!Thanks
Hi, In the sample code there is a variable assigned MagicNumber = 101090; and later in the code it is compared to OrderMagicNumber which is a condition for the rest of the code to run. What I read so far about magic numbers is that each order has a unique one - so how can this code be comparing...
by Patrick Patterson, IntegrityFX.com The credit crisis is not easily defined, but the major reason for it is the unwillingness of banks to lend to each other, to say nothing about the common man. It seems counter-intuitive but banks often lend money they don’t have to lend. When they do this,...
Is there anyway to calculate commision in strategy tester? I don't see the option in symbol properties.
Company suing to regain 30.9m shares it lost in bond deal By Beth Healy Globe Staff / October 22, 2008 Evergreen Solar Inc. got a shock when Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. went bankrupt last month: The solar panel maker lost control of almost 31 million shares of its stock. How that happened is the
Is this guy out of his mind? He keeps buying GM stock and it falls every day every week. He probably lost billions and billions of dollars and he still keeps buying it. Why is he doing that? Maybe some kind of tax advantage?
[Deleted]
  Help with coding  (7)
Hi there, I need to make a change on a simple expert advisor that is based on 2 slope direction lines. This lines, changes to blue when on uptrend and red when on downtrend. The expert advisor gets a global variable=1 when both uptrend (2 slope=blue) and a global variable=2 when both on...
Dear Sir, I have a problem because the expert give your server a request and it was accept by your server and then I got a reqout massage.. So any one can help me and explain why ? Thanks Osama
  Any Help  (1)
Hi I have my Expert Advisor but this program work with Interbank platform but do not work with Fxpro platform. I dont why because this two company used metatrader 4. Any help i will be aprecciated Thanks
  My new ea...MACD_EAv0.1  (33   1 2 3 4)
I wrote a new [ea] that functions with signals [MACD] I have optimised him for one hour time frame, EURGBP, alpari. Try also you we see which results you have, I wait for your news and ideas... For optimization use .set file in first steep, save parametre!!! Second steep: uncheck all parametr and...
When we finally go into a new bull market... what do you think the new leading stocks will be? I was thinking FSYS but that has fallen so hard I am not sure it will recover.
  adress indicator  (1)
I would like to have the link of the indicator center of gravity I do not often in intal links . EX4 on mt4
Hi Guys, About to close my account but i am giving it on last change with hopely some help from you guys. I will explain what went wrong: I started with 5400 € but atm 3400 € are left, the main reason why is amount taken a dive is i let my losses run and my profits were tight. After a while i...
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2008,an article Reporting the Third Week (13-19 October)has been published. The previous week was relatively calm in the Forexmarket as compared to the two previous ones. But the previous two weekshad a strong trend that was very favorable to many...
Read here: The New York Times > Log In His essential arguments: i) stocks are cheap because of short-term bad news ii) the news will improve, and in 5, 10 years time profits will be at new records iii) by the time the news improves stocks will be much higher - staying out of stocks until news gets...
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2008,an article Jury Session Record of the 17th of October 2008 has been published. The Automated Trading Championship 2008 gathers steam. Several hundreds of Expert Advisors execute trading operations. However, not all of them are successful....
I've got a simple script that will initiate a trade. I would like to make the lot size in OrderSend equivalent to a percentage of my equity. How can this be done? AccountEquity*.1 ???
Hi all, I'm using MetaTrader mobile on an i-mate 8502, connected via wifi to the same network as my computer. I generally see that it updates alot slower, the difference in my computer updating and my phone updating is about 1second to 30 seconds. Has this got anything to do with the MT mobile's...
Anybody can help me how to create rank function for example I have some double value's like theese: a=3.0; b=4.0; c=5.0; d=2.0; e=1.0; f=6.0; g=0.0; from higher to lower value (6.0, 5.0, 4.0, 3.0, 2.0, 1.0, 0.0) or the value of (f,c,b,a,d,e,g) So the rank's should be like this rank number: (th) f=1...
  Trading tax free  (3)
Hi folks, I'm new to forex and currently paper trading a couple of systems, and will soon be venturing into live trading. I'm using Metatrader, but plan to place trades with a spreadbet broker (proceeds are tax free, here in the uk). Do any of you have any experience of doing this, and do you have...