General - page 1657

Hello, I know I can check previous bar open and close with this; Close[1]>Open[1]) // check if close price was higher than open but what do I add to check the difference of the two? what I mean is if I want to check if the bar closed 30 pips or whatever pips away from bar open? Can I do something...
  External Feeds  (1)
Is Metatrader compatible with eSignal or IQFeed?
Does metatrader4 supports opentick realtime data? What should I do to get this data in Metatrader?
Hello programmers, I use an indicator called "iSessions" and although I find it useful, it is very obtrusive visually on the charts. I have a simple idea to allow it to provide useful info in a more subtle way. If you look at the attached .zip file there are two screengrabs. One is the original...
Hello folks - Just wanted to know if there's a way to make a custom metatrader indicator into a "native" MT4 technical indicator. Instead of iCustom, i would like to make calls to "iMyIndicator" instead (sort of like iRSI or iMACD). The reason is -making iCustom calls in an EA makes backtesting...
Hello folks - Just wanted to know if there's a way to make a custom metatrader indicator into a "native" MT4 technical indicator. Instead of iCustom, i would like to make calls to "iMyIndicator" instead (like iRSI or iADX). The reason is -making iCustom calls in an EA makes backtesting...
Greetings, Sorry, incorrectly post at indicator section. Great site here. Wondering, with all of the gifted people here, if anyone has seen or can code the following: Basis for request: I trade Forex during European session but hold down a day job. I usually take profit at certain support &...
Greetings, Great site here. Wondering, with all of the gifted people here, if anyone has seen or can code the following: Basis for request: I trade Forex during European session but hold down a day job. I usually take profit at certain support & resistance levels. If I am in profit, say 20 pips,...
[Deleted]
  Help
Can somebody code this into ea for mt4 extern int TP=100; extern int SL=100; extern int lim=1; extern int prodvig=3; extern double Prots= 10; int total, bb=0,ss=0; double max,min,lmax,lmin,Lot; int start(){ total=OrdersTotal(); if (total==0){bb=0;ss=0;} if (maxAsk) min=Ask; if...
Hi Traders Think, analyze, and create BEFORE the trade. During the trade only follow what you though, analyzed and created before the trade. Before you enter the trade you are cool and balanced, you are thinking logically. During the trade you are under fire since money is involved. You are under...
I would like to build a few indicaters for the mobile version of MQ. Has anyone posted development resource for this?
[Deleted]
  Help needed  (3)
Hi, have you ever heard about Blessing System pdf? I will attach it here so you can read it, and hopefully program it into ea I am amazed by the system, is it realy good ?
New Version: MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal Build 217: 1. MQL4: Fixed a compiler error that caused crash in Windows Server 2008 operating system. 2. MQL4: Fixed an error in the FileReadArray() function. When reading array lines, the number of read lines is returned now. 3. MQL4: Changed the...
Hello, I'm working on a system but I'm looking for an indicator to keep me out of certain trades and in on others. Please look at pic of GBP/USD M30 this past week and I've marked where a good trade might be and some bad ones. Could someone post an indicator that does show good trade on where I have...
  Pipchannel indicator  (14   1 2)
Hi all, Here is another quite simple and efficient indicator. It's basically point & figure projected to the chart as a channel (with adjustable size - below is 50/100 and one with many different wide channels on same price). If you look at the channel, it's also always located at solid levels, if...
I would like to open and delete files during runtime. This is part of my strategy, without restarting the EA. If I do FileDelete(tmpfile) I get the next error code: 4100 (ERR_SOME_FILE_ERROR). Is there a solution for this probem? Thanks.
Hi MetaQuotes, I've been developing an Expert recently which uses other currency pairs to make it's decisions, using commands like "iMA(symbol, timeFrame, period, 0, maType, appliedPrice, 1)" and "iTime(symbol, timeFrame, 1);" etc. After completing an Expert and running it using your strategy...
[Deleted]
hi, i'm Flavio...i'm new in this forum! excuse me for my bad english because i'm writing from italy. i hope you understand my request about expert advisor i'd like to create an expert advisor but i don't know metatrader language therefore i ask you if someone qualified can make it... this is idea:...
Hi traders, My first post, and I can say a awesome place to go for assistance and learning from others. Can someone code this indicator with a sound alert. Would greatly appreciate it. Thanks a lot..
  Trader456's trading ideas  (467   1 2 3 4 5 ... 46 47)
New working order: AUD/USD climbed after the U.S. Federal Reserve gave no indication when it will begin raising interest rates after leaving them unchanged yesterday. AUD/USD rose to the highest in more than two weeks and New Zealand's dollar gained a second day as traders pared bets the Fed will...
On the website of MQL4.community, we have published article "How to Become a Participant of Automated Trading Championship 2008?" that explains the process of registration - http://articles.mql4.com/667. The articles also describes infringements that may result in disqualification of Participants....
  Forex Market Barometer  (51   1 2 3 4 5 6)
Hello Folks, I developed a "Market Barometer" indicator to help me with my manual trading systems. It measures 56 currency pairs in real-time to determine the "relative strength" of each individual currency. I thought it might help some of you with your trading. The indicator is a monster. It takes...
this indicator looks good, please share it..
I am looking for an indicator that will plot the (open - low)if the low is closest to the open....and the (high-open) if the high is closest to the open. I would also like to be able to plot a 10 period average of each of these..example: a 10 SMA of open -low...only open minus the low when the open...
Hi, Can somebody pls. explain why my Pivots lines are showing as compressed on the charts. This prob. has been happening off-late. Im' pretty sure it's not ind. problem, but a Mt4 issue. Thanks - stef
Everything was working fine, I was able to save statement.htm and detailestatement.htm. Then, I decided to change the folder and it quit working. It has never worked again. I looked into ...config/terminal.ini and the original path name is there. I change it to something simple, C:\, and that...
I've done some tests and found that the slippage parameter simply doesn't work -- any requote will cause the operation to fail even if the requote is well within the parameter's range. If this is a known issue, can support provide an estimate of the time a build that fixes this will be out? And...
Hello, What are the best time frames to use when trading forex options and which pairs are suitable for the best time frames? Which are the best forex options brokerages,with minimum tradable quantity and amount? earthy8
Hello friends, June21,08. I have read many posts and data on the time periods for entry/exit in forex trading,but would like to get a better picture of the exact time frames to trade in with pair specificity. i.e...on the standard mt4 platform,the times frames shown are:- M1,M5,M15,M30,H1,H4,D1,W1...
[Deleted]
  A CCI indicator  (1)
Hi! I am looking for a way to program an Indicator, not an expert. I am interested in the CCI. It should draw 10 little squares or diamonds of the current period and two periods around it. The CCI I am interested is in Period 14. It should appear in the lower left of the screen preferably and not in