General - page 1653

Hi, I was trying to make an indicator with bars displayed in the separate window. Similary like Heiken Ashi indicator shows bars in the chart window. I've changed #property indicator_separate_window in the HAS indicator but the result is not what I've expected Is it possible to make bars in the...
Hedge fund traders Reposition for Price Drop in copper Hedge-fund managers and other large speculators reversed from a net-long position to a net-short position in New York copper futures in the week ended June 3, according to U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission data. Speculative short...
HI, I would like to insert in my expert advisor a DAILY LIMIT LOSS (different from a stoploss used by the trade committed). Idea underlying permit to lose a few pips per day to EA, it stops during the day when it overpass this limit, then it starts again the next day. How to codify the language...
Hi there, When writing a MT4 library is there a means programtically of determing whether the code is being called from an Expert, Script or Indicator? For example... void some_function() { if (IsScript() == TRUE) { // Do some script stuff... } else if (IsExpert() == TRUE) { // Do...
[Deleted]
Just want to say "hello" to all here on fxfisherman.com. Yours makra
Hello to all..... Does anyone know where I can find more information on the following indicator called AltrTrend Signal V2 2 for metatrader? I noticed the author is called "Collector" but cant seem to find more detail? I would like to know what the input criteria for this indicator has ben based on
[Deleted]
Hello, I am developing a new EA right now and need some help with coding to complete it. Afterwards I want to post this EA for all you to download for free at this page! I need to code this SL: After Buy/Sell the SL is at -30pips --> Everytime the price moves 30 pips (in the right direction of...
Hi there, Some brokers that use Metatrader as their trading platform often have multiple folders within the history folder that contain different versions of history data depending on which of the brokers server one is connecting to. Taking IBFX as an example, their history folder may contains...
Most retail forex traders only know how to place directional trades, and miss the chance to profit on volatility. Everyday there are economic data from US, UK or Europe, namely Non-farm payroll, New Homes Sales, Unemployment, Personal Income, CPI, PPI etc; some of these datas can move the forex...
  Euro-yen  (1)
Price 165.50(weekly close , 6 of June 2008). Euro-Yen is at critical point and now she have two ways for the next 4 weeks. Plan A is to go sharp down to continue the 4th wave or Plan B to go sharp up and make the final 5th wave. If we take a look of the previous weekly correction wave 2 , which was...
Hi there, From a programming perspective am I correct in thinking that every script and expert runs in its own separate thread and that all indicators attached to charts run in the context of a single thread? For example: If I have say 10 indicators spread across 6 charts then ALL those...
Hello all, This is my 1st post here and I'm so glad I found this place. I have a little request regarding the stochastic indicator and I hope someone can give me a little help. I've seen and downloaded other similar versions in this forum and there are just 1 or 2 twists that i need and it will be
[Deleted]
  Holy Grail  (195   1 2 3 4 5 ... 19 20)
Hi guys I know everyone is looking for that 'holy grail ' indicator. But have you ever stopped to think what would you do if you found it ? Think about it, if you found a setup which was consistently accurate and won a lot more than it lost would you have the courage to follow it without letting
I was wondering if someone would be able to code an EA to place buy and sell orders whenver this indicator switches to buy or sell. No tp, no sl, no ts. Money management would be cool, but not needed. All it needs is a buy order when price passes the bar(wait till end of candle). And then close...
EUR/USD IN POSITION TO TURN DAILY TREND UP 06-06-2008 Pattern Main Trend: Down Main Trend Top: 1.5628 (05-27-08) Main Trend Bottom: 1.5283 (05-08-08) Current Pattern: Reversal Bottom 1.5601 (06-05-08) Price 1.5818 Main Trend Top (05-27-08) 1.5738 Gann Angle Down 1.5689 Gann Angle Down 1.5658 Gann
I have a major issue but only a few have experienced this before, as found in a few forums. I sporadically encounter MT4 freezing when I right click and select Indicator List or Object List and I have not found any solutions yet and it is very frustrating. I am still looking for a solution as this
[Deleted]
  Fire EA: Can you create this EA?  (102   1 2 3 4 5 ... 10 11)
Need an EA that looks at the previous days High and Low sets a buy order at the high and a sell order at the low. With an adjustable TP set for 10 pips. Also an option for trailing stop and stop loss. I would like for it to set the buys and sells shortly after 5pm EST. Once either the buy or sell is...
[Deleted]
Hi! I have notoced recently that the time display in the Market Watch window does not update smoothly, in other words, when it displays 01:01:23 f.e., it stays as 01:01:23, and several seconds later it displays 01:01:27. It does not display second part every second. Is this normal or do I have to...
I down load all of the data from history center from 1999 on all time frames, then run multiple back tests for a couple of days, then I start to get mismatched chart errors, with an N/A for modeling quality. This has happened many times with different brokers since build 216 came out. Anyone...
Hi there, Lets say that I have indicator #1, indicator #2, indicator #3 attached to the M15 chart. Each indicator has iCustom(NULL, 0,..........) configuration, successively calling next indicator in 1 to 3 order. So the "0" timeframe becomes M15 picked up from the chart. My question is -- If I want
Hi, Does the ticks.raw file contain realtime tick data? If so then does someone know the structure/format of the individual records in the ticks.raw file? Regards, Laurence.
Hi folks. There's an expert advisor, which allows you to trade manually in MT4 tester - LFH Trading Simulator (see in attach below). The system consists of two parts - EA and set of 8 scripts (buy open, buy close, sell open, sell close, limit stop buy, limit stop buy remove, limit stop sell, limit...
I am trying to backtest discretionary strategy as described in "MQL4: Testing Visualization: Manual Trading". Decisions are made at the H1 bar Open so the backtesting model used is "Open prices only". Suppose the following situation: 9.00 am bar - open: 1.0000, bar close 1.0100 (+100 pips)...
AS U ALL KNOW IN MOST CASES NOT EVERYONE CAN BE A PROFFESONAL TRADER SOME TRY AS MUCH BUT THEY STILL END UP LOSEING, AND AT THE SAME TIME IF EVERY ONE KNOWS HOW TO TRADE WHICH CAN NOT BE POSSIBLE, SO SOME AS TO LOSE AND SOME AS TO GAIN IN OTHER WORDS I AM JUST TRYING TO TELL U THAT NO MATTER HOW...
Dear Metaquotes I noticed that when running my EA in visual mode and a rare instance of even hedging occurs (perhaps 2 buys and 2 sells), the equity will still 'bleed'. Have you installed a formula to emulate daily swap rates charged by the broker? This is the only thing I can think of that...
Hello guys i am in the market for a new cell phone so I decided why not buy a smartphone or a PDA. My trader allows mobile trading (metatrader for mobile). I was wondering if any one here can give me any information on which is the best phone to buy for that purpose. Take Care Guys
MetaQuotes Software Corp., Forex Capital Markets LLC (FXCM), Interbank FX LLC (IBFX), FXDirectDealer LLC (FXDD) and the TRADERS' magazine are glad to announce the start of preparations for the third annual Automated Trading Championship 2008. Just as one year before, the registration for...
Application of Chaos theory with the Word of God This journal will focus on presentation of my trade results using chaos theory. Before now, and in November 2007, I started a similar thread here at this link below, http://www.fxfisherman...