Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 288

Hello, I hope all is well. I'm trying to figure out the code to pull data from another indicator. I have a custom indicator that has a high and low value. I want to pull each value into a separate variable. I was looking at iCustom but i couldn't figure out the coding for that. Can someone help?
hello! i need code to select last order for a specific symbol from history even if not in the same chart symbol, for example i am on EURUSD chart but i need to select the last order with USDJPY pair from history forgive me my bad english any help
Hi all, I would like basically to reorganize my charts on the terminal by programming, but I can't find a function that returns the size of the MT5 workspace. I find this :    int ChartWidth = TerminalInfoInteger(TERMINAL_SCREEN_WIDTH);    int ScreenHeight =...
I want my EA to place a pending order at the prices (Hoch- und Tiefpreis as prices) and to replace the pending order, when on of them was filled and closed by the tp or sl. Unfortunately my EA  wont to this. Furthermore I want to close all open postions at the end of the day, but it wont close the...
Hi all, I'm trying to backtest my algorithm which trades on Gold futures connected to COMEX. I am using the every tick based on real ticks option but I seem to be getting innacurate results which are simply too good to be true. I know this for a fact because it says my system wouldn't have lost a...
I have recently bought an EA from someone at social network, and i find it interesting because so many positive review and so much profit. But the seller said that the EA will only works only on one MT4 account. After pay to him and i apply the EA to chart i can see my MT4 ID with my real name on...
  price Pattern EA  (1)
Hii, Can we Fully Automate Price Pattern EA or we have to use Indicators ? Thanks in Advance Vijay
I've been scouring mql5 for days trying to find a solid implementation of the logic built into the class " CTrailingFixedPips " ... but all I've been able to find is a myriad of seemingly bespoke algorithms that people are developing by hand. Is there any particular reason for this? My guess would
My EA is operating with Buy/Sell Limit orders on hedge accounts. When the buy and sell positions are equals, the EA uses CTrade.PositionCloseBy() to close a buy position with a sell position with the same volume. This strategy works very well in the demo account, but it does not work on the real...
Hi All I have written an EA which operates on the timeframe defined manually in the Expert Inputs tab, rather than the timeframe of the attached chart. When I run the EA in the strategy tester i get significantly different results when the Period setting (in the Strategy Tester) is changed, even...
#property copyright "Copyright 2018, MetaQuotes Software Corp."#property link      "https://www.mql5.com"#property version   "1.00"#property strictinput bool ma3_use=true;input int period_1=12;input int period_2=32;input int period_3=200;input string symbol="EURUSD";input string variable_name0 =...
[Deleted]
Hello all, can someone help me understand how to use a set file. I just started to use an EA made by a developer, now the base of this EA is made for one currency pair, if I like to use the EA with another pair I need to use a provided "set" file. So I downloaded the extra set files and stored them...
Hello, Sometimes EAs will activate despite not being activated or even have been removed from the charts.. What does this mean? I've noticed this happening with different EAs whereas I have closed out a window thinking it was done and later coming back to see it still taken trades.. What can I do
I'm trying to get this EA to work(https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/139) but it isn't closing all open positions when the 5 zone stop is hit. Only one position is closed. Also having trouble getting the close_on_teeth stop to close all positions when price closes beyond the "teeth." Any insights...
Is there an auto-optimiser for MT5 terminal which will automatically optimise specified EA parameters of an EA everyday for last couple of days of past data? I just want the MT5 optimiser to run the optimisation for last 3 to 5 days of past data and it is not necessary to retrieve the optimised...
I need help with creating an EA. I have the chart templates and indicators to use, the system work very well manually, now I want to let it auto trade. Anyone who can help with writing it please
[Deleted]
Hi guys I am working on this GRID EA and I don’t know how to replace a Limit Order after a Market Order at each level touch take profit.  As I show on this picture when I execute EA it send 5 orders to server. 1 Market Order, 4 pending orders (2 Stop Orders and 2 Limit Orders). When Market Order...
[Deleted]
  error 4756  (4)
hello, i'm using the CTrade class and i use positionmodify() to have trailing stops however each time the expert advisor has to modify the position i get the 4756 error, here is a pic of the errors : any ideas about what's causing this
The EA I wrote three months ago can not pass the test now, but it used working well in MetaQuotes-Demo server . Is there anybody that met the same problem? The Error code is always like "failed instant sell 0.10 EURUSD at 1.38103 sl: 1.38253 tp: 1.38053 [Invalid request]" and " OrderSend failed with
Dear Experts, could you pls help me on this one? What might be the reason for this error? I checked "OrderCheck(mrequest,mcheckresult)" and I receive error 10013 - any idea? Best
  MT4/MT5 data flow  (17   1 2)
I'm currently converting my EA from Pro Real Time to MT4. I'm currently an IG customer and I checked on the graph I'm using (GBPJPY M5) that both MT4 and PRT are displaying the same quotation (ie : Bid, Ask are exactly the same). However when I look in the data window of MT4 and PRT. There are
First I have to tell you the objective of my EA, I try to create a single side (buy only or sell only) grid ea that opening x pips away from current ask with Buy limit and Buy Stop and take profit at x pips Ex. 300 pips Grid will be >>> #1 Ask = 0.00300 tp at 0.00600 and #2 BuyStop at 0.00600 tp at...
we have two functions... one called buy the other sell buy function opens ten orders and have one condition if order 1 hits tp it goes to order2 and if order 2 hits tp it goes to order 3 and so on the sell function has the same condition but the ordertype is a sell my question is about stoploss ((...
Hey all, Right now am automatizing my process of optimizing and running tests, I have one question: I want that the terminal automatically exports the single test report in .xlsx format, but when I try to specify Report=\abcd.xlsx on the .ini conf file, it still exports the report as abcd.xlxs.htm...
Hi I am running into some problems with my code: timeAndDateArray[ 3 ]={ "2018.07.20 8:29" , "2018.07.20 8:30" , "2018.07.20 8:31" }; int i = 0 ; for (i= 0 ; i<= 2 ;i++){ printf ( iClose ( "USDCAD" , PERIOD_M1 , iBarShift ( "USDCAD" , PERIOD_M1 , StrToTime (timeAndDateArray[i])))); } This just
I'm running two similar EA's on the same symbol in a demo account to compare the behavior between them. But it is very difficult to understand the visual comparison because the MT5 join the indications of trade of both EA's in the symbol graph. Someone know how to make a visual comparison easier?
I need an ea that stops other ea if spread is too high.
Hi, I like to know if functions like:HistorySelect(), and HistoryDealGetTicket() are being allowed during backtesting. In other words, does History cache gets filled with the simulated trades?
Hello I designed a robot and I have trouble running it on several pairs at a time ...   can you help me ?
I want to set my TP based on a target % of my account balance. Example: Balance=$100 Lotsize=0.01 EURUSD Target % profit = 0.5% of balance Once I have the $value per point I can then calculate my TP