Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 195

hi guys, wondering is there anyway to use fileopen with absolute path?! as far as i see in help document any sort of path result with error even if it means same subfolder as using file w.o absolute address i tried with local address & network path same result getting this error Failed to open the
void CChannelBreakout::GetHighestHighAndLowestLow( int &BarsHigh, int &BarsLow) { //+--------------------------------------------------------------------+ //|Firstly, declare the arrays to hold the candlesticks highs and lows | //+--------------------------------------------------------------------+
hi Im using send order with function MqlTradeRequest and its allowed me to send a order just with ENUM_ORDER_TYPE_FILLING of FOK when i trade stocks cant i send a order with ENUM_ORDER_TYPE_FILLING of IOC when i trade stocks
Hello, im creating a cost averaging system that increments lotsize if the previous order was a loss. I'm having a problem though, how do i select the next order? Here is the pseudocode, but i do not know the syntax on how to do it: if (previousTrade == "Loss" ){ selectNextTrade;
ok so I'm explorating and migrating to MT5 because it is so much superiror but I got issues obviously. one of them being I write some stuff in a text file in my EA, the problem is that if I stop backtesting early, it somewhat doesn't close the handle of the text file, even if I call it in the
I am trying to do some statistics EA with ZigZag. I would like to calculate the mean, variancy, skewness and curtosis of the differences between ZigZag Extrema. Prices as well as time. It serves an approach to find out how often big movements occur and how big the movements are. Problem is it seems
I am running into a problem when cycling through symbols which only happens when running in tester mode, i.e. this problem does not occur when running on live data. I am cycling through all available symbols in order to collect those with the same underlying (relevant to futures trading, however the
Hello When backtesting my EA, it stops out after two transactions, which should have netted a loss of ~500$, however the tester claims that only $90 are left of the original $10000 test balance Here is a log of the run GP 0 00 : 43 : 52.645 127.0 . 0.1 login (build 2835 ) NN
Hello python programmers, using library Metatrader5... Do you know if it is possible to run 2 different scripts acting on the same MT5 account? Thanks a lot
I need help with applying rsi I to ichimoko In my mql5 programming. I am using brooky rsi ichi indicator as reference. I need similar , but for mt5. In other words , when applied I need to be able to determine the rsi level of the ichimoko
  refound buy ea  (1)
I bought Araz EUR / USD EA Expert for Mt4 but I am very dissatisfied with the demo test, I contacted the developer and he told me that he gives me the refund, but that I have to write to mql5 service desk, how to proceed
  Ea sending info  (13   1 2)
Hi, When i attach the ea, does broker knows i'm using ea for trading? Thanks.
  Machine Learning in trading  (11   1 2)
Hello, I would like to know from all of you what do you think about the possibility to automatically generate, every week, new strategies based on continuous optimization of trading parameters through backtesting
Greetings, Looking for a bit of help to find an EA that would do the following: 1. Monitor all open positions in the account. Not specific to any pair. 2. When any position reaches a profit of +5 pips do the following: - Open a new position for the same currency pair in same direction with a
Hi from a newbie ! I understand what a library is, and a great example from that article : https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/10 But i want to know this for future use, which library i can include and which functions that library have . I searched a while but i cant find a list for this. All i can
Hi everyone, While backtesting my EA in visualisation mode, I want it to draw many diagrams with shapes, lines, text, numbers etc. that are periodically updated during the testing period. I figured the best way to do this was to open a new chart for each diagram, and use a canvas on each chart to
Hi, i'm searching a solution to transfert TradingView signal i receive on my e-mail, with Python, to MT5. I followed a tutorial with binance plateform but, blank screen. I don't know how i can do it with MT5, and i'm not expert on python module, i learn everyday. Do you have a solution or a web
Hi newbie trader here. I use atu-trading on my mobile. Recently my profits have reduced drastically, could this due to using an old phone? or is it my data connection? any help is appreciated. thanks in advance
  How get position profit?  (14   1 2)
Hi there, the title says it all..In my EA (MT5) when the robot is closing position I want to check the profit of current position properly. I know there is a function "PositionGetDouble" but am not sure about how to use it properly. On my ECN account I pay commisions for each position opening cca....
How I can get numbers from this thing? For example,if I type 3 on this box,I want to get that number in coding. Is it even possible
Hi I just figured out the way to properly test if orders were closed the right way, but i'm wondering if the code is correct (because it accounts for situations when there are requotes and I can't simulate that) and what could be done to improve the code ? thanks so much #define numRetriesOrder 5
With two trials to get the profit of the last closed position (Hedging account), I am not arriving anywhere. The first trial is personal, and it goes like this: //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//| Ask: MQL4...
The CopyTicks function does not copy the duplication of ticks. For example: the difference between two ticks are flags and date. In the first case, the flags are 14, and in the second case, the flags are 8. The time differs by 1000 milliseconds. Each tick is very important for my script because the
Hi There is a function to run my EA every second ( or millisecond) instade every tick
Good day, I am using an EA and its been using a 0.01 lot size, I need help in changing it to an automatic lot size
  Stop limit Order  (2)
hi im using the Function " MqlTradeRequest" if i want to send a pending order for stop limit between 100-100.2 how can i do is ? i tried the " ORDER_TYPE_BUY_LIMIT " But its diffenete from what i want its make the price active if the price go above the stop_limit price its ok to put stop order with
Hi, I reported this issue already one year ago to MetaQuotes but never got a helpful response. Sometimes - don´t ask me when - a simple execution of functions like iClose(), iTime() or CopyRates(), CopyTime() whatever takes more than 30 seconds until the code-pointer returns. And of course, when you...
Hi all, I am trying to send WebRequest in MQL5 to API via POST method. The request received at API end however, headers and data dont. following is my code: // JSON text to send string strJsonText = "{\r\n\"key\": \"value\"\r\n}" ; // Text must be converted to a uchar array. Note that
Hi It has happened a few times already in the last couple of weeks: My EA the VPS is not doing anything... I have a dozen EA on VPS that normally opens +100 positions on a daily basis, but for some reason sometimes it stops "working". Meaning that everything appears OK, but its just not doing