MA cross/Price cross MA EA - page 3

Also please explain what does the timeframe options Cltimeframe and Matimeframe mean? Cheers!

sachin_syd:
Also please explain what does the timeframe options Cltimeframe and Matimeframe mean? Cheers!

Sachin_syd, Matimeframe, and Cltimeframe you can use the Ea on a higher timeframe than your Ea is set to, about the EA not closing the orders can you tell me what settings you are using, may help me to eliminate what is causing the problem.

sachin_syd:
Mrtools in this chart the ea should have closed the long trade and opened a short trade but it didnt? Please look into the ea settings. Thanks

Sachin_syd, if you are using the default settings, think I know what's going on, when I ran it in the optimizer the best settings I got were the ones I put as default settings, this is probably why the close is not working properly, would recommend changing the settings to a more traditional ma setting for example fast ma(as a real fast ma) maybe 5, mid ma(as a real mid ma) maybe 12, and slow Ma(as a real slow ma) maybe something like 63.

on this i am not using diff ma periods. so i am not intending it to be like uni ea.

i used say 30 ma on all three with price being candle high, close and low. now the ea should place a long trade when the candle closes above the 30ma (high) line and short trade when candle closes under 30ma (low). ea as previously discussed will exit the open trade too from previous signal at that point i.e close and reverse. Thanks

mrtools:
Sachin_syd, Matimeframe, and Cltimeframe you can use the Ea on a higher timeframe than your Ea is set to, about the EA not closing the orders can you tell me what settings you are using, may help me to eliminate what is causing the problem.

my settings..

Files:

sachin_syd:
on this i am not using diff ma periods. so i am not intending it to be like uni ea. i used say 30 ma on all three with price being candle high, close and low. now the ea should place a long trade when the candle closes above the 30ma (high) line and short trade when candle closes under 30ma (low). ea as previously discussed will exit the open trade too from previous signal at that point i.e close and reverse. Thanks

Oh ok I see now, will have to change a few things around, then will post a new version.

mrtools:
Oh ok I see now, will have to change a few things around, then will post a new version.

Think this version should be better to your method.

mrtools:
Think this version should be better to your method.

I think the ma mode is for selecting simple/exponential etc. It also need the ma price type to select high/low/close etc.. Please assist. Thanks

sachin_syd:
I think the ma mode is for selecting simple/exponential etc. It also need the ma price type to select high/low/close etc.. Please assist. Thanks

The ma modes are for 0=simple,1=exponential,2=smoothed, and 3=linear weighted, the price selection is not there because you specified you were using the EA for moving average high low breakouts so the price selection is not needed.

mrtools:
The ma modes are for 0=simple,1=exponential,2=smoothed, and 3=linear weighted, the price selection is not there because you specified you were using the EA for moving average high low breakouts so the price selection is not needed.

they r required bcoz buy happens only when price candle closes above the high mov avg and sells when closes below low mov avg thanks!

Reason: