Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 192

Hi all, I developed a simple trading strategy that relies on an indicator signal and currently forward-test it on a Demo account. When comparing forward and backtest results, I get almost the same results but only when backtesting visually. In non-visual mode, the results are different. After
helo I am facing a very weird problem and I dont know how to work around it. basically I have created an expert and I want to debug it, so I have compiled it with zero errors. When I test it using the strategy tester it does run it ok without any problems. But when I try it using the metaeditor...
yesterday it was still okay. Today i wanna access market and signals in MT4, i received a message Failed to connect server www.mql5.com sonetimes with MQL4 Market failed to connect to www.mql5.com:443 failed
Hi everyone, I've read somewhere in the internet that EA that run solely using indicators is not a good EA and people should avoid using it. Since I'm new to EA, anyone can explain to me is it true about that statement
hi what is the different between relative drawdown and maximal? its look like both calculate same and give a same result
Hello everyone, I'm trying to convert some part of my MQL4 code to MQL5 code. After reading the documentation, I still have trouble understanding some things. Can you tell if the following code do the same things MQL4 version: void historyMQL4(){ for ( int z=OrdersHistoryTotal(); z>= 0 ; z--) {
Hello I need Help. I have An EA <Deleted> but I have a problem. Draw down is 70% no multiplies are used the test was made at MT4 using the data of tickstory data. so it was 99.9 accurate. Is there any possibility that the results is wrong ? Is mt5 is more accurate and should I use tickstory data
hi every one I write below code in expert to show current candle time in chart and it works in all time frame M1,M3,M15,.... void OnTimer() { long time=TimeCurrent(); long ekh=(Period()*60+Time[0]-time); if(Period()==1) Comment(ekh," s"); else
Hi there, I'm having issue when trying to trade symbols with different settings built into a multicurrency advisor . This is the way I've coded the "solution": for ( int s= 0 ;s< SymbolsTotal ( true );s++){ string SName= SymbolName (s, true ); if (ManageAll== false ){SName= _Symbol ;}
Hi If i have a trading i had deposited $1000 but now i have $320 indide. And i want to set the signals to calculate $320 balance. If i set it to 95% It calculate from 1000 or available 320
I purchased a VPS from mql5 and have it synced up with my EA as pre instructions and made sure that the auto trade is activated. I also have the same EA activate on a demo account with the same broker but my EA on the demo account issued a buy but nothing is happening on the one on VPS. Anyone know
Hi, Can anyone tell me how accurate is back test for past result (Not future result). I know bast performance do not guarantee future result. So, here i am asking about a past result. I made a back test for EA (Oct 2020) and the result is in negative but the developer of EA said me back test provide
Hello. Can someone help me out here. I'm trying to store the OrderTakeProfit() in an extern variable. Most of the time it work's fine. but sometime the value is something like 1.325329999999999999. How do i prevent the 9999999999 to get stored
The owner of the expert advisor does not want to sell anymore. When the product is discontinued, can the previous purchasers continue to use the product
Hello, I have an EA which works fine but when it hits the stop loss it exceeds it and takes more profit. which is quite unusual for the EA to do that. Even though the take profit and stop loss has been set. The image below is a perfect example of what am saying. I really need assistance
My expert advisor compiles fine, but wont load on the tester. I created a second EA that used ChartIndicatorAdd() thinking that may be the reason the indicator isn't loading properly but same results. It is an unusual indicator because it has a user-defined starting point to calculate the signal
Hi, I have two open positions that say "aaa" and "bbb" in the position commentary. How can I get the opening and current price information of the "aaa" position
Hi, Is it typical that optimization gets very slow when using a custom made indicator? I made a simple indicator and use it in my EA and the optimization is soo slow :( I also made EA that uses two simple moving averages and optimizing it is much faster. My custom indicator is not complex and I've...
Hello, My broker have put a dot after the symbol, like "EURSD.". I try to open an "offline chart" with an indicators, but I get, for example "EURUSD,M5" instead of "EURUSD . ,M5". The dot disappears. What can I do? thanks a lot
I know it is rather MQL4 question, than MQL5, but i know many developers are doing conversions from MQL5 to MQL4. After recent modifications it is pretty easy, but there is one catch. New MQL compilers (both from MT4 and MT5 that are similar) whilie compiling MQL4 strategies dont put the comments...
I've been trying to use the cloud network for backtest and it takes forever to do a one year test with only 3 variables that goes from 1 to 30 with 2 steps in a non 24/7 market. Sometimes it goes pretty fast and it charges me only 0.05cents and sometimes it takes several minutes to just start the
  EA Terminology  (1)
I have bought an EA and am unsure of what the settings actually refer to. e.g. 'distance' or 'DD reduction Algorithm' Can anyone refer me to a source of explanations for terms used in typical EA input settings? Much appreciated cheers
Is there an expert Opens many deals ? I need an expert to open 10 or more trades in a single moment free
I have attached a single EA on three different symbols and I have coded that onTick() returns if there's no new bar because my signals are on opening of new bar. The EA attached to different symbols run as expected most of the time, i.e. the onTick() exits if there's no new bar but sometimes it
Hello. I am having a problem when opening 2 diferentes orders at the same time, but with diferent take profit. Order 1: Volume of 3, with TP at 150000 (I just put a high value to test this case, and show the error) Order 2: Volume of 1, with TP at 91885 Buy price of both orders at 91825. When the
Hey all. Can't seem to understand why my code doesn't work, anyone can help me see what am i doing wrong? void OnTick () { //--- double op; if ( OrdersTotal () >= 1 ) { int orders = OrdersTotal (); for ( int i= 0 ; i<=orders- 1 ; i++) { op = OrderGetDouble (
I would like my EA to have separate TP and SL for when it's volatile and when it's calm. How should I detect it? (I don't want to use an indicator) Will taking the average size of all the bars in the last week be enough? Anything above it would be considered volatile? Is there a quick way to get an
I am retired person, so I have times to learn new or develop old computing abilities and also I should save my mental health in these pandemic days. So I am trying to write a combination of EA with my own preferences by using Vladimir Karputov and other developers EA's that were found in CodeBase
Hello. I am writing my first robot. Automatically, after the signal, it opens a transaction and I would like the robot not to open another one after the transaction (SL or TP) is completed. That he wouldn't do a new cycle. thank you
Hello, I got this odd warning with build 2174 during beginning of the backtest: 2019.10.14 06:18:12.405 FX5 'C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\E23367DD11DBEB0EF97D08185EAB7295\MQL5\Experts\EA\FX5.ex5' is not 64-bit version I did recompile the EA with the latest build of the