Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 351

Hello guys, I am new to MQL4 and trying to self learn it. The purpose of the code below would be to insert an order at a specific Hour and Minute of the day if certain conditions are met (Price above or below a certain level). The order details would vary in its S/L or T/P or entry price...
I got a book about programing EA. In the examples most of the created classes are prefixed with a C. CTrade, CTimer etc. I thought that this is a convention the author of the book decided to use for his book, but when I browsed the Include folder I see that most of the classes are names with a C....
Hello everyone! I'm building a training data for my genetic neural networks. What do i do is, go throught entire history data with CopyOpen .. CopyLow then I normalize the change between open[i] - open[i - 1]; I'm also using iCostom and other indicator functions. Now here's what I want to do: For...
Hello guys Has anyone of you found EAs opening 1 trade per instrument at a time that remain profitable without intervention. From what I have seen the EAs that appear to achieve that ,they do so temporarily as they would employ one of the following usually - Grid/Martingale that will die at...
While checking the Documentation of the Symbol Properties I noticed the formulas for margin and profit calculation. SYMBOL_CALC_MODE_FOREXMargin:  Lots*Contract_Size/LeverageProfit:   (close_price-open_price)*Contract_Size*LotsSYMBOL_CALC_MODE_FUTURESMargin: Lots...
Hi,   ı want change to TakeProfit in MT4 but not to StopLoss when ı use OrderModify function Stoploss  be 00000. how can ı solve this?   OrderSelect(ticket,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES); OrderModify(ticket,OrderOpenPrice(),OrderStopLoss(),take_profit,0,clrAzure);  Thanks for help.
Hi all, Everyone knows that many EAs currently sold on mql5 market are either scams or only works on demo accounts. May be it's time that MetaQuotes requires for each EA (being sold on the market) a live verifiable account, before publishing it on the mql5 market. I'm not even sure if...
hi, the MT5 ea doesnt open more than ONE buy at a time, why is this? i thought it was just buy and sell it couldnt open? thanks
Yes No I don't know "What difference does it make" Hillary Clinton.
Hi, I am trying to update a CSV file with live rates. For this I am using CopyRates function. I came across this problem while using this function. In brief, the error is CopyRates function's datetime and the rates does not match when the market is closed. For an example let's say now GMT time is...
Yes, it's a good idea No, I want customer to pay before they can give testimonial
I'm sure theres any code out there that set the SL and TP so I dont need to enter numbers all the time ? also that works for pending orders its the same we see on Auto SL and TP Maker dont need to be sophiticated , only set numbers.
Hello my friends, Ive got a little problem with a part of my ea. if (a=0) {OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,Lots,Ask,3,Ask-(StopLoss*Point),Bid+(TakeProfit*Point),NULL,Blue); printf ("buy");} if (a=1) {OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELL,Lots,Bid,3,Ask+(StopLoss*Point),Bid-(TakeProfit*Point),NULL,Red); printf
What is mt4 genetic algorithm? Here it is, incase someone is confused https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/1409
Hello everyone, sorry for subject. I couldn't explain it enough. My fx broker does not support metatrader 5 but I want to do some backtest with their symbols like dow jones but mt5 demo account does not have dowjones symbol. Of course I can do it with mt4 but mt4 can not use parallel processing...
Hi My EA is now working on H4 timeframe, everything work fine but sometime I got an error like this "order buy 0.5 EURJPY opening at market sl: 122.232 tp: 125.028 failed [Market is closed]" also cannot close position with this error "order sell 0.5 EURNZD closing at 0.00000 failed [Market is
Hi, I just learned mql4 (3 days) and was surprised! Very cool system. I never did anything like this with a program/script. So, I just have to try, was my thought. I don't have enough data to say anything exactly. But it looks good (in the strategy tester! ;-) )! Perhaps, I need some advice...
Greetings, I'm writing an EA which will trade according to user's risk percentage. Let's say it opens an Long position during daylight and Short position during night, a simple/stupid EA. EA's input value is the risk percentage, let's say 15 for 15% of available money. Whenever opens a position...
Can someone please explain the logic behind this, I just began learning mql and I cant seem to understand why is this found in almost all the codes I have read so far. //---- check for possible errors if(counted_bars<1) return(-1);//---- last counted bar will be recounted if(counted_bars>0)...
Here comes some OOP stuff. The idea for the program: * I draw a trendline in the chart and name it "beep" - the next time the price crosses this line, I will get a beep * I draw a trendline and name it "buy" - the next time the price crosses this line, I will get a long position. I wrote already an
Yes No I dont know what you talking???
As title, how to get mac address on my computer?
Hello MT5 community, I'm building up an expert advisor from scratch and I'm trying to experience the basics first. I have code creating only "BUY" orders at beginning of each period (current at every 4 hours) as follows: Although I only create BUY orders, I see SELL operations as well, as...
Why this Invalid Price error ? I dont see anything wrong.
Backtesting error: OnTick Critical Error & array out of range in 'StdChanel.mq5' (469,18) Hi i get a backtesting error when i try to run my EA in the MT5 strat tester.. the EA complies fine though with no errors etc. I have also checked other EAs and they work ok. please help. thanks
Why EA bought in this price, if neither the candle got there ?
  Help please?  (3)
Hi I was testing out a strategy using the Strategy tester, which for one day seems to pull a strange price for the trade entry at 05:00. I have checked the history center and that price does not exist for that date, any ideas as to where it is coming from and how? As I can't figure out where MT4...